Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: New Developer Post Addresses Community Concerns

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The MechWarrior Online team has posted a new blog to address some of the concerns raised by the community. Among other things, the team announced that the open beta will be delayed for some time until issues can be revisited and that the team is listening and responding to the player base.

Game development is similar to trying to steer a very large ship.  To make changes in direction takes time and accurate judgement calls.  Even after the decision to change direction has been made, it takes a lot of time to make sure the change is working and the direction is valid.  A lot of the feedback on the forums specifically are in the pipe for implementation, but again it comes down to time to get them ready and tested before sending it out to you folks on the live servers.

That being said, we’d like to address the concerns and worries that many of you have regarding Open Beta, Match Making, Founder’s Premiums, Game Balance, New User Flow and the future of Community Warfare.

Read the full MechWarrior Online update.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    Real qualtiy developers with a quality product. Me likey!
  • WyrdsoulWyrdsoul Member UncommonPosts: 26
    the game is one title I lose hours on. HAve been playing scince founders became available, so far it seems to be getting better and better :) Can't wait till full mech roster comes out !
  • kileakkileak Member Posts: 31

They wanted to push the game "Live" aka the f2p open beta after dropping a major game engine update just on the 9th that basicaly broke the game for many and made it almost unplayable after 5-7 mins into a match with insane lag and fps drops. THe game went from a very limited or feature sparse environment to just not ready and one day later said it's good enough lets announce open beta for the 16th...

Well needless to say Many in the closed beta went ape shit ranging from random flames to getting refunds on founder packages to threatening lawsuits. surprisingly the dev's actually decided to push back the open beta.

But before anyone gets there hopes up that they will push it back several weeks or even months to get in more features and content before going to "Live" or open beta, the devs pretty much said once the game is stable it's going open. At best we might get 3 more weeks on tweaks before this happens. At worst probably another week or so.

the combat is fairly fun and sound. yes there needs to be more balancing passes. but the gameplay modes are limited to exactly one, which is team deathmatch with base capture.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    meh i havent touched this game for weeks. i tested it about 4 times but even on the lowest settings i could set i still suffered jitter lag with the light mech.  mind you that was before the game upgrade so maybe its fixed..  i just dont like the fixed cockpit view  when i play MW i like 3rd person view :/ gives me better control and understanding of the battle space i dont get with the games cockpit view :/ 
  • tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Indded did the latest engine swap improve the game for low end users.

Personally i love the fixed cockpit, but then again i play mostly in light mechs so it is only natural.

This have been a good conversation

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    It is getting better. I got it running pretty good on an older core 2 duo E7200 overclocked at 3.3ghz with a gtx 460 1gb, and 4 gigs of older ddr2 800mhz ram.
    I get about 35 to 40 fps average.

• RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22
    Worked awesomely today.

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen