Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

TERA: Battleground Tournament Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,619MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

En Masse Entertainment has announced that TERA players can take part in a 2-day tournament in the Canyon Clash battlefield. The tournament will run November 10-11 and players will be able to score some prizes and fame during the event.

The first-place team will split 150,000 gold, and every member will get a special in-game title and achievement. Second-place combatants split 90,000 gold. The third-place team splits 45,000 gold. To register, gather 15 to 20 players (15 will fight, and the rest will be backups). Guild affiliation doesn’t matter, but everyone on your team must be level 60 and must play on the same server. Your team leader must submit both the team roster and the 15,000 gold entry fee. We’ll post more registration details (like how and where to register) in the coming days. Actual registration is from October 19 to November 2.

Find out more on the TERA site.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• DauzqulDauzqul Detroit, MIPosts: 1,406Member Uncommon
    I don't know why, but when I hear the worth, "Battleground", it makes me want to throw up in my mouth.
  • YamotaYamota LondonPosts: 6,620Member
    I like the idea of battleground but only as preparation and training for the real PvP which should be open world and unrestricted.
  • ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Yamota
    I like the idea of battleground but only as preparation and training for the real PvP which should be open world and unrestricted.

TERA is PvP focussed, yet it fails for it on all points. PK toggle skill to PvP on the PvP servers. PvE servers are more popular than PvP servers and to follow up on your comment - battlegrounds should not be part of a non-faction political PvP sandbox that TERA claims to be...

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• PostcardsPostcards Springfield, VAPosts: 105Member

TERA is more PVE focus if anything

The balance in PVP is pretty much screwed up in the game.

• SirBalinSirBalin Joppa, MDPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by mmoDAD
    I don't know why, but when I hear the worth, "Battleground", it makes me want to throw up in my mouth.

I swear to you, no bs...I was going to post, "wow the word battleground just made me throw up in my mouth."  lol....yea, bg's are crap...even people that like BG's will tell you that they get boring quick.  You'd be better off with tournys tbh...and maybe adding in clan halls/cities where clans can fight for them for ownership.  A lot of cities/halls so that it doesn't just become a zerg to win either....nah, its enmasse...instead of adding that they'll add more pve...trash..

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• SirBalinSirBalin Joppa, MDPosts: 1,150Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Yamota

TERA is PvP focussed, yet it fails for it on all points. PK toggle skill to PvP on the PvP servers. PvE servers are more popular than PvP servers and to follow up on your comment - battlegrounds should not be part of a non-faction political PvP sandbox that TERA claims to be...

R you trolling?  the game is 100% pve focused...hence like triple the pve servers...lol

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• PivotelitePivotelite Hamilton, ONPosts: 2,167Member

Eh all I did in TERA was PvP.

Declare Guild vs Guild to bully other guilds out of the nexus or just end up with huge battles, I would open world PvP quite often as well as do battlegrounds and dueling.

TERA is pretty good for PvP, just needs balance tweaking really, might come back and join a 15 man team for the tournament, have some fun and go back to GW2 for PvE fix.