Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Get yourself a copy of Freespace 2

I challenge you to get a copy of freespace 2, this is a 11 year old game , released in 1999. Compare the controls, compare the reaction and control delay to this game. i challenge you to believe this new MMo is in any way better..... what a joke

Comments

• AzureProwerAzurePrower Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Considering that Freespace 2 was one of the best space shooter sims of all time. That's not really a fair assessment. More like a compliment.

• JesusCannonJesusCannon Member Posts: 13

/like

• krulerkruler Member UncommonPosts: 589

If my memory serves me right, freespace was revamped etc etc by a bunch of fans, inculdinding a battlestar mod, this was like 5 years ago...Apart from that Freespace2 is still the best space combat sim ive ever played, even better than the modded freelancer.

• bumuscheekusbumuscheekus Member Posts: 214

It's like Freespace 2!? Well now nobody told me it was that good, signing up now. Thanks!

• RustybucketRustybucket Member Posts: 4

Not anymore now BSGO is just a wreck of a game that has had 4 weeks of limited weekend play because of multiple issues. Possible they were even hacked or infected back in January and still have had no luck getting it back on line CHat Server has been FUBARED for a week.

I wonder if they now about role back or reboot??? you have to wonder just what they are doing over there.

• NasherUKNasherUK Member UncommonPosts: 480

Played for maybe 2 hours then realized it's another mediocre pay-to-win game, it's just bad :/

Why can no one make a good space game these days?

Oh yea.  As well as Freespace you should also try I-war :)

• DarkmothDarkmoth Member Posts: 174
    Originally posted by NasherUK

Played for maybe 2 hours then realized it's another mediocre pay-to-win game, it's just bad :/

Why can no one make a good space game these days?

Oh yea.  As well as Freespace you should also try I-war :)

Another vote for I-war. I personally rate it even above Freespace. Wonder if it will run on Win7?

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    There's a BSG mod for freespace, also a fan made patch to bring it up to date graphic and to run on win 7. B5 mod also.