Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PVP

dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
Any word on Neverwinter having open world PvP? I really hope it does at least have that as a server option..Any thoughts, news, links?

And please no hate posts making illogical and ridiculous "PvP preference-real life" connections. It is so lame, seriously... :)

Comments

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

I guess we'll have to wait and see :(

What really "hurts", is that action combat gameplay is screaming for pvp to be implemented as a first thing, rather than thrown together at some point in a late stage of development when mechanics are set in stone and cannot be changed anymore.

Sadly, the only devs who think of pvp first are those of arena-based-only games (Forge, for example) - which is fine, but come on.. why everyone is trying to remix wow, and nobody is thinking of good ol' daoc totally eludes me (Prime/Dominus doesn't count for obvious reasons :p ).

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by samvenice
    and nobody is thinking of good ol' daoc totally eludes me .

You said it yourself - because it is old and players moved to concepts they prefer more.

• dyermaker714dyermaker714 Member UncommonPosts: 192
    Hopefully they surprise us...God if this game has good PvP and not just boring battlegrounds type PvP, I think I would squeel like a 10 year old schoolgirl riding a unicorn
  • Tedly224Tedly224 Member Posts: 164

Looking at the videos released thus far, it appears that PvP will be included in 2013 but you and I both know that if it wasn't a base feature on release, that it will be moved in as "an afterthought" sort of thing. And we all know how well that works out.

I have hope though. Numerous PvE games that later offered PvP faced enormous hurdles and difficulties, many of which were well documented. The biggest problems could be boiled down into four catgories - stealth, crowd control, healing / healing mitigation, and translation of pve abilities applied to pvp uses.

The devs have a realistic chance of addressing those issues by applying what was learned from the mistakes of other companies. I really really hope this will be the case.

As for open world PvP, I'm kinda doubtful we're going to see it if it's not an intended feature of launch. More than likely we're going to see battleground / arena style offerings. Which I'm honestly okay with if they're willing to cater to large scale fighting as part of those offerings.

50 v 50 fights are fun. 2v2 fights are a group of guys wrestling in a closet. Blizzard had a hard time coming to terms with that.

Aw : /.......the ip is such a rich universe..it would be so much deeper and immersive if we had the constant possibility fighting real people in the world instead of just mobs..I hate battlegrounds.
    Hope they at least add a PvP server option
  • Athena_StarfireAthena_Starfire Member UncommonPosts: 213

I doubt extremely there will 'Open World PvP' on all servers. I assume it will be like STO with PVE/PVP servers.

According to the PAX interview "Open Beta will be End of 2012 and PVP WILL BE ADDED Q1 OF 2013". that doesn't sound like 'Open World PvP'

I hope the announce if it will be a gankfest as if the entire place is going to be Non-Consentual Open World PvP I would like to know beforehand so I can not waste my time downloading it...

Originally posted by Alx_Starfire

I doubt extremely there will 'Open World PvP' on all servers. I assume it will be like STO with PVE/PVP servers.  

Oh well of course, I wouldn't want anyone to be Forced to play in a way they don't enjoy (which is the reason it is hilarious to me when people roll on a PvP server then complain about being attacked...seriously?) Having both server types allows more people to play the way they want to. But not having a PvP server as an option pretty much IS forcing people to play carebear style which just doesnt make any sense to me.
    Personally I will buy this game in a heartbeat when there is a PvP server :)
  • apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by dyermaker714

Oh well of course, I wouldn't want anyone to be Forced to play in a way they don't enjoy (which is the reason it is hilarious to me when people roll on a PvP server then complain about being attacked...seriously?) Having both server types allows more people to play the way they want to. But not having a PvP server as an option pretty much IS forcing people to play carebear style which just doesnt make any sense to me. Personally I will buy this game in a heartbeat when there is a PvP server :)

Not forcing you to play carebare style...nothing forcing you to play the game.   Just saying.   Also as far as Pvp.  Im pretty sure your not getting any OWPVP in NW.  I dont have any proof or anything, just a gut feeling from cryptics other games. 

*edit*   I assume it will be like STO with PVE/PVP servers. I assume it will be like STO with PVE/PVP servers.      

My bad..I assume that is how it will be too.  DIdnt realize STO had PVP servers. :)

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

As far as I can see by whats been stated so far. Neverwinter will be STO with AD&D Artwork and on the ground instead of in space. With the same concepts of PVP/PVE

• ice-vortexice-vortex Member UncommonPosts: 960
    I don't need every server to be PVP, but I hope there is at least an open world PVP server.
    Originally posted by ice-vortex
    I don't need every server to be PVP, but I hope there is at least an open world PVP server.

Look at how Star Trek Online is setup, that how it will be...

Cheers

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by ice-vortex

From what I understand there will be no pvp at launch, but they will have owpvp servers about a year after launch...i'll wait till then...lol

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    It doesn't appear like there will be open world PvP. Duels of some kind would be a good addition, though Neverwinter's emphasis is heavily on cooperative PvE.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• XAleX360XAleX360 Member UncommonPosts: 516

According to the PAX interview "Open Beta will be End of 2012 and PVP WILL BE ADDED Q1 OF 2013". that doesn't sound like 'Open World PvP'

I hope the announce if it will be a gankfest as if the entire place is going to be Non-Consentual Open World PvP I would like to know beforehand so I can not waste my time downloading it...

I doubt there will be Open World PvP at all, since it does not fit with the story of the game. Also, can you link that interview? Neverwinter developers told me at Gamescom that they were excited PvP and that it would be there from launch.

Executive Editor (Games) http://www.wccftech.com

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Sounds like wow clone tacked on afterthought pvp :(