Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What game would you play, if you could only play one game for next 5 years?

I saw the other post, but thought this is a really interesting question.

You can only have 1 game on a high end PC for the next 5 years. What game would it be? Why? The game can be an MMO and would include any expansion and update.

Ideas on 1 MMO or 1 SPG?

For me, I would probably pick GW2 - but I have not played it yet so it would be a risk. My second choice would be WoW. (losers in my choice are Rift and Lotro - which I like but think WoW has more game play choices to it and is updated more often).

SPG would be Skyrimm.

What about you? Stuck with one game, and you have to choose now.

Comments

• Johnnybravo24Johnnybravo24 Member UncommonPosts: 2
    LOL at you saying that WoW has more updates then Rift, or even LOTRO.  cata got like 2 patches?  Rift is known for having frequent patches but it is really sad when a F2P game like LOTRO has more update patches then WoW, but to answer your question  skyrim, fallout3, any of those game are very open world and i feel i could play for 5 years, but i dont think there is any MMO that i can stick to longer then a couple months
  • DihoruDihoru Member Posts: 2,731
    World of Tanks or League of Legends, damn in 5 years of constant playing (with around 5+ hours per day) I could go pro in either of em XD

• CindiirCindiir Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by Johnnybravo24
    LOL at you saying that WoW has more updates then Rift, or even LOTRO.  cata got like 2 patches?  ...

I am pretty sure since Cata there have been many more than two updates. I do know expansions in WoW are much bigger than in Lotro. Rift is great - but just to me the most polished, fun, playable game is WoW. Blizzard made a lot of money and put it back into the game to improve small things. But I am a very casual player and not burned out on WoW yet.  It's not about what game is best, just what you like and would choose.

Anyway, thanks for the answer.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435

At this point in time, EVE, hands down. (assuming no other new titles were ever made)

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• EriccomptonEriccompton Member UncommonPosts: 51
    Definately Skyrim or Fallout3 SPG for the atmosphere alone, for MMO hopefully Elder Srolls Online but not getting hopes up. Possibly The Repopulation
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Well if I had to choose right now it would probably be WoW because of all it's content. I'm not real happy with a couple of the expansions, but overall it would work best for me if I was on a deserted island and had no other choices. Depth wise I would probably choose Vanguard next. 

edit: Single Player would be Skyrim, but I would get all the player made content I could handle before I would start! :)

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Prolly Vanguard at this point

for SPG? Fallout 3

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

• jayheld90jayheld90 Member UncommonPosts: 1,726
    eve is the only game that i think i could play for 5 years, if i had to.
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Only one game? For Five years? Well, easy, I'd pick Neverwinter Nights 2. For official campaigns & mods, not to forget Persistant Worlds, PVP and COOP.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Probably Starcraft 2, as long as I can pick up expansion packs.

Hi

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Hmm tough one.  I had a few thoughts but then I thought more about 5 years. . man.  I would actually go with something like Darkfall since some things in the game change based on players etc.  Tough one.  I would need the constant risk of being attacked anywhere to keep me interested that long.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• BLOBtheTROLLBLOBtheTROLL Member Posts: 75
    eve or darkfall
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

SWG for MMO

Mafia I for SPG

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

MMORPG? At this point, before I see how FFXIV plays out, I would have to say Rift. It is a robust game already and is set to onlt get better. And I trust Trion as a dev monetizing wise.

SRPG? Would have to be Skyrim with it's strong modding community... but then, maybe Civ... that game is always on my HD.

• worldalphaworldalpha Member Posts: 403
    Probably Skyrim, but WorldAlpha is consuming me now, so maybe it should be that!

Thanks,
    Mike
    Working on Social Strategy MMORTS (now Launched!) http://www.worldalpha.com

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898
    I guess it would be WOW, which I'm not even playing.  But thank god I don't have to worry about that.
  • marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495
    Darkfall Unholy Wars and the new Xcom game.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Probably eve or darkfall and I've never played darkfall before. I wouldnt be able to survive another 5 years of themeparks. The game would need to have something asides from the end game grind to really keep me interested that long.
  • cukimungacukimunga Member UncommonPosts: 2,258

Probably FFXI, I played it for 3 years. I started off knowing about 10 people in real life who played it and kept on playing for another 2 years with out them.  While it wasn't my first MMO its the one I played the longest. 

• Cephus404Cephus404 Member CommonPosts: 3,675
    For SP games, Skyrim or Fallout3, but only if they were constantly coming out with tons of new content.  Otherwise, I've beat both games and seen every inch of the content they have, there's really nothing more left to do.

Played: UO, EQ, WoW, DDO, SWG, AO, CoH, EvE, TR, AoC, GW, GA, Aion, Allods, lots more
    Relatively Recently (Re)Played: HL2 (all), Halo (PC, all), Batman:AA; AC, ME, BS, DA, FO3, DS, Doom (all), LFD1&2, KOTOR, Portal 1&2, Blink, Elder Scrolls (all), lots more
    Now Playing: None
    Hope: None

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Cephus404
    For SP games, Skyrim or Fallout3, but only if they were constantly coming out with tons of new content.  Otherwise, I've beat both games and seen every inch of the content they have, there's really nothing more left to do.

This is probably why I would go for something like Civ over an RPG if I had to stick with just it for 5 years.