Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

2011 update (if any)

strangerdangstrangerdang Member Posts: 233

So theres a thread that goes back to 2006 requesting this site take a dead game off the list.

Theres a thread that was posted in 2009 that its not dead, by a deleted user.

Last post here was last year.

So...anyone following this? Is it dead as they said it was back in 2006?

Any updates?

Just curious..

Comments

• EndDreamEndDream Member Posts: 1,152

Man! I remember following this game when I still played UO like 10 years ago... crazy that the website is still up.

Remember Old School Ultima Online

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Latest update on their site:

"

January 2011

GDC Serafina, World Fusion's President and Atriarch Designer, will be demonstrating some really cool new game features, and never-before-seen game mechanics at the upcoming Game Developer's Conference (GDC),

over February 28 through March 4, 2011.

Can't find details on what happened with them at GDC, however.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• DojenDojen Member UncommonPosts: 134

This game is like my presidential bid: ain't ever gonna happen.

• thatkenguythatkenguy Member Posts: 58

They posted updates on game development in January of 2010 and 2011.  So hopefully they will at least hold to that pattern and we will see one soon in January 2012. 

• eyeswideopeneyeswideopen Member Posts: 2,414

Originally posted by skeaser

Latest update on their site:

"

January 2011

GDC Serafina, World Fusion's President and Atriarch Designer, will be demonstrating some really cool new game features, and never-before-seen game mechanics at the upcoming Game Developer's Conference (GDC),

over February 28 through March 4, 2011.

Can't find details on what happened with them at GDC, however.

And now they posted the same shit a year later.

http://www.atriarch.com/news/news.html

February 2012

GDC Serafina, World Fusion's President and Lead Game Designer, will be showing groundbreaking new stuff at the upcoming Game Developer's Conference (GDC),

March 5-9, 2012.

And as you see, they were never even on the list for GDC: http://www.gdconf.com/expo/exhibitorlist.html

I'm sorry, I smell vaporware garbage.

-Letting Derek Smart work on your game is like letting Osama bin Laden work in the White House. Something will burn.-
    -And on the 8th day, man created God.-

• OdseusOdseus Member UncommonPosts: 29

I think it's time to retire this forum.

The official website isn't resolving.

You would think 10+ years would be enough time to bring an mmo out.

• FusionFusion Member UncommonPosts: 1,398

Yeah, it's pretty damn dead, even the homepage doesn't exist anymore, nor were they ever on the GDC list :)

I was pumped for this game, back in... 2000?

http://neocron-game.com/ - now totally F2P no cash-shops or micro transactions at all.
  • thatkenguythatkenguy Member Posts: 58

They had their team at prevous shows like that.  I kind of wonder if something happened to Serafina, or another team member.  They were always commited to bringing that game out and only slowed it down in order to make money doing work that payed. 

• redman875redman875 Member Posts: 230

Why are games like this littering the site and game list?

Does anyone not have the 45min it would take to click on every game on the list and move them to the dead game list or whatever?

Seriously...this site has so many games that have been in beta for years with no updates and no forum traffic...

Its such a PAIN to find actual new client based mmoRPG's on this stie since its clogged with ancient games no ones interested in, dead games that died years ago, and browser based games / non RPG's...

Heres an idea:  Gather the mmorpg.com staff for a few hours once a month and check out whats on your site...how about seperating different types of games (like non RPG's and browser/mobil games) and stick all these perma-development / beta games into a sub category.  

I mean keep the recent beta/development games with constant updates from the developers and whatnot as is, just the ones that go off the radar...get them off the site....or change the site name to mmoClutter.com

• ReskalReskal Member UncommonPosts: 57

I got the point that old and dead games are blocking the sight to the new games.

On the other hand, there is not a single graveyard for those games. And i for myself are happy to find dead games, that never made it into the light like atriarch here. I followed it also a while, read in the forums, all the hopes.

A dead game of never seen people, do they all still live ?

What time was it as this game had its highest hopes ? 8 years ago, 10 years ? In 2002 what games were upcoming at this time, daoc, Anarchy Online ?

I feel sorry if all things are wiped and deleted, only because they dead. Those games are milestones of rememberance, marks of reminding, paths of history of millions of users, because they remember that games.

No im not on drugs, i just feel melancholic when i think of deleting the past.

Thanks mmorpg, to leave those good old neverborn dead games in here.

Some hopes live, some hopes die, but all should be loved.

• PagoasPagoas Member UncommonPosts: 120
    poor atriarch... i loved you like bigfoot and unicorns.  but unlike unicorns, you just don't exist.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Reskal

I got the point that old and dead games are blocking the sight to the new games.

On the other hand, there is not a single graveyard for those games. And i for myself are happy to find dead games, that never made it into the light like atriarch here. I followed it also a while, read in the forums, all the hopes.

A dead game of never seen people, do they all still live ?

What time was it as this game had its highest hopes ? 8 years ago, 10 years ? In 2002 what games were upcoming at this time, daoc, Anarchy Online ?

I feel sorry if all things are wiped and deleted, only because they dead. Those games are milestones of rememberance, marks of reminding, paths of history of millions of users, because they remember that games.

No im not on drugs, i just feel melancholic when i think of deleting the past.

Thanks mmorpg, to leave those good old neverborn dead games in here.

Some hopes live, some hopes die, but all should be loved.

Yup this site is clogged with dead games, games that are not mmorpgs, browser games, and games that have been in development since like 2005 (never going to release) ect.

• jagarrjagarr Member Posts: 2

posting for nostalgia and because i always forget the name of this game. i remember hearing about atriarch online right around when ruins of kunark came out. it looked beautiful back then, fifteen years ago. i don't think UO:R was even out yet.  EQ and UO and maybe asheron's call was about it. The Realm /  Meridian 59 and ActiveWorlds were still pretty popular!

too bad it never made it out of alpha:(