Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] The Secret World: The New Game Director Speaks

13»

Comments

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    In the UK the subscription costs roughly the equivelent of 18 dollars a month which is far too much for a game that really should have been buy to play .
  • J-icepdJ-icepd Member Posts: 23

TSW  should open up for F2P only in PVP new  world.

this new world should be maked by the players them self like the car game trackmania.

then TSW would be the most played MMO in thr world. Hope you read this Joel!!

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Originally posted by Melieza
    Originally posted by tman5
    Need a trial, Joel.  Need a free trial.

There already is and has been for awhile.  Go to the website sometime.

I stand corrected.  After some digging on the website (and I do mean digging) I find they are offering a 3 day trial.   For someone like me, that works out to about 6-8 hours of gameplay, part of that being eaten up with installation and setup.

Oh yeah.  That should be plenty of time to decide whether to drop 50 bucks on this game.  Really working to draw in those new players, I see.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

After some digging on the website (and I do mean digging) I find they are offering a 3 day trial. 

Your joking, right? 

Here's there homepage, mentions of the trial circled in red.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Sounds great. Glad to hear there stepping it up evey month and keeping with there plans. Looks like I'll be back in kingsmouth soon, still on gw2 for now.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Kuppa
    Originally posted by Draron

What! they aren't curing cancer or stopping world hunger?! you guys are aiming way too low...

I dunno about you, but I set my expectations pretty high and I like how Funcom is handling the game.

Its supposed to be a joke, re-read maybe? or maybe I should leave comedy altogether...

Nah, taking your post history (not saying it's wrong or anything) one would assume otherwise is all.

Ill give up comedy image

Now that was funny!

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Melieza
    Need a trial, Joel.  Need a free trial.

There already is and has been for awhile.  Go to the website sometime.

I stand corrected.  After some digging on the website (and I do mean digging) I find they are offering a 3 day trial.   For someone like me, that works out to about 6-8 hours of gameplay, part of that being eaten up with installation and setup.

Oh yeah.  That should be plenty of time to decide whether to drop 50 bucks on this game.  Really working to draw in those new players, I see.

Just so you know, the trial begins first time you log in, not when you register on the website and begin installation/setup.

Also, I'm pretty sure you still have the option to complete 30 missions and have another 2 days added to the trial for a total of 5 days.

I think that's plenty of time to know if you like the game or not, especially after completing 30 missions for the extra 2 days. If after completing 30 missions you are not hooked with the game, then I think it's safe to assume you should just move on and find a game that suits your gaming tastes.

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Laugh, another Funcom game where the Game Director has to be changed just after launch....what a joke. I'll continue to avoid any Funcom game at launch as they always seem to be a disaster.   Maybe I'll give this game a spin since apparently they have a free trial. 
  • MachinationMachination Member UncommonPosts: 70
    Love it! That Theatre is going to be very interesting to partake on. Cannot wait to see what people are going to do with that. Exciting times ahead.
  • ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by smh_alot
    [mod edit]

[mod edit]

Ontopic of the article, looks good so far, I hope they'll be able to keep coming up with new content and features and that they'll be able to maintain the great, unique atmosphere the TSW world breathes.

Have we seen 4 yet? No we havent.

- New auxillery weapon (chain saw) Ok 1 quest there

- Combat feature (combat reticle) Not content in fact worthless and silly

- First RAID (New York) Content only for the 10% that play endgame

- New non-combat RP addition for Roleplay community (club in London) Not content

- New investigation missions Unknown number in fact they said nothing on the missions

Seems like the largest update so far to me.

[mod edit]

Considering this is one of the monthly updates (as in not waiting 3 or 4 months for content) it's more than worth a monthly sub fee for updates like that. There's no grasping at straws about it, at this rate they're only second to Rift.

It's a matter of opinion, the problem with TSW is until they implement new content on a significant scale like that promised before launch the game just goes stale for those who have already played through all the existing content....which doesn't take long for even a casual player.

It's a heafty subs fee for tiny irregular content updates, most of which so far have had a multitude of bugs and other problems associated with them. It's also quite an antisocial game when you get to the "end-game", with most of the chat being elitist group spam or arguments about spawn camping.

Shame really, TSW is a great game, but it only has a few months longevity and they are not producing enough content to keep people playing or paying.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)