Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Rumor: Valve MMO

Comments

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Fresno, CAPosts: 615Member

Singleplayer open world space games are nothing new. Hell, the X-Series singleplayer games rival EvE in size.

There's not one indicator of it being an mmo other than the writer speculating "it could be an mmo".

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

In fact, this quote:

“An inside source has confirmed that SOB (Valve’s new IP) is an unannounced game entitled Stars of Barathrum (working title). Plays like privateer/freelancer but also with the ability to command larger cruisers and capital ships. It’s a very vast and open-world game where you choose your own adventure, a lot of internal resources are being put into SOB,” reads the Facepunch post."

seems to pretty much confirms it's a singleplayer space sim.

EA CEO John Riccitiello's on future microtransactions: "When you are six hours into playing Battlefield and you run out of ammo in your clip, and we ask you for a dollar to reload, you're really not very price sensitive at that point in time...We're not gouging, but we're charging."

• QuirhidQuirhid TamperePosts: 5,969Member Common
    Not an MMO? That is great news! I've been yearning for a good space sim for ages. It is more likely a good one when its not spoiled by other players (unless it has co-op).

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by Quirhid
    Not an MMO? That is great news! I've been yearning for a good space sim for ages. It is more likely a good one when its not spoiled by other players (unless it has co-op).

Have to agree. Not being an mmo made this game more interesting to me.