Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Rumor: Valve MMO

Comments

• OG_ZorvanOG_Zorvan Member Posts: 691 Uncommon

Singleplayer open world space games are nothing new. Hell, the X-Series singleplayer games rival EvE in size.

There's not one indicator of it being an mmo other than the writer speculating "it could be an mmo".

In fact, this quote:

“An inside source has confirmed that SOB (Valve’s new IP) is an unannounced game entitled Stars of Barathrum (working title). Plays like privateer/freelancer but also with the ability to command larger cruisers and capital ships. It’s a very vast and open-world game where you choose your own adventure, a lot of internal resources are being put into SOB,” reads the Facepunch post."

seems to pretty much confirms it's a singleplayer space sim.

• QuirhidQuirhid TampereMember Posts: 6,221 Uncommon
    Not an MMO? That is great news! I've been yearning for a good space sim for ages. It is more likely a good one when its not spoiled by other players (unless it has co-op).

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

Originally posted by Quirhid
    Not an MMO? That is great news! I've been yearning for a good space sim for ages. It is more likely a good one when its not spoiled by other players (unless it has co-op).

Have to agree. Not being an mmo made this game more interesting to me.