Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Age of Wushu: GDC Online Trailer Released

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Snail Games brought along the following trailer from its upcoming title, Age of Wushu, headed to North America soon. See what you think!

Age of Wushu is currently the #1 game in China and has more than 10 million registered players worldwide. The game features realistic combat, replicating the fighting styles made popular by blockbuster Chinese martial arts films. 

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Always enjoyed games with those kind of jumping mechanics :)
  • marz.at.playmarz.at.play Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Looks great, but will it be B2P or P2P. Is there a timeline for brining it to NA?

• health001health001 Member UncommonPosts: 58
    why do all these MMO"S post the vid but u never get to see the real UI to it;/ btw the cock fighting area i already see the NA version taking that out LOL but do like the ablity to run up walls :)

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    With a name like Snail Games they better hope the game performance is really good, otherwise the jokes will be plentiful...

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by health001
    why do all these MMO"S post the vid but u never get to see the real UI to it;/ btw the cock fighting area i already see the NA version taking that out LOL but do like the ablity to run up walls :)

Here ya go http://www.twitch.tv/onybic/b/334625457 some UI and gameplay for ya (from the Chinese version 9yin)

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.

• saurus123saurus123 Member UncommonPosts: 678

"The game features realistic combat"

yea sure

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448

Hahaha... "realistic combat"

are you serious?

• tntjperictntjperic Member UncommonPosts: 5
    It's gonna  be F2P

Tntjperic

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219

Great use of the z-axis.

Reminds of Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - in a good way.

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106
    If i ever play a chinese game or a game i know is from a chinese company, i will only pay for game time using gamecards, never my CC. A personal security issue for me.  With "gold farming" such a HUGE industry in china i couldnt imagine a game from there or owned there not being part of or overrun by that farming. Over all i am waiting for Blade and Soul over this title. Might try it thou, we'll have to see alot more information before i decide.
  • YuuiYuui Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

"The game features realistic combat.... "

"....replicating the fighting styles made popular by blockbuster Chinese martial arts films. "

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of LOLROFLCOPTERLMFAO.

realistic combat for wuxia genre? Yes.

Realistic does not always mean "as in real life". 

"Realistic combat in wuxia genre" pretty much means being able to replicate the insane moves and floaty combat of those wuxia movies. Its 100% faithful to the genre, so you won't spend time running into invisible walls, stabbing a player a few times and seeing words "Miss" float above him or breaking your immersion in various other possible ways.

# A GRIM, ODD, ARCANE SKY
    # ANY GOD, I MARK SACRED
    # A MASKED CRY ADORING
    # A DREAMY, SICK DRAGON

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Seems quite interesting, I enjoy this kind of stuff with my martial arts background, the 'realistic fantasy' approach making it look as if it could happen while being of course a fantasy element. Sometimes it does look a bit silly but a lot of the martial arts style you can tell and in many cases it can be quite faithful in that area in a 'what if' way given what they are doing was possible.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Just got my beta key for the EU version called Age Of Wulin, looking forward to running up buildings and mountains.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• RoxtarrRoxtarr Member CommonPosts: 1,122
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan

"The game features realistic combat.... "

"....replicating the fighting styles made popular by blockbuster Chinese martial arts films. "

This, ladies and gentlemen, is a prime example of LOLROFLCOPTERLMFAO.

Yeah, depending on how you take that statment, it could seem a bit funny.  The game is meant to 'replicate' the fighting styles seen in those films.  It's true and accurate to the fictional styles.  

If in 1982 we played with the current mentality, we would have burned down all the pac man games since the red ghost was clearly OP. Instead we just got better at the game.