Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free Players F2P player nerf.

RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

Not to start another thread to gripe about G1, but these are the current patch notes, and it looks like Free Players just got an arrow to the knee.

http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/ <--- F2P players get the nerf. 1 crafting quene slot as F2P.

I am talking about Free Players now only get 1 slot to quene up for crafting so you like have to spend $9.99 a month to get more crafting quene etc.

Also I have noticed that after over 3 months, I still fail to see G1 do anything about the in game Politics such as people attacking members of their own faction. G1 allows this, and in other words if you are a new player, and do not do what big brother of your faction says even if you are not a member of their clan but you choose to go your own way expect to be killed on sight by them and their friends and no way to avoid this but avoid TC all together which is a big arrow to the knee because its a big resource farming spot for rare materials.

I really do not understand how G1 can do this to Fallen Earth, In 3 months I have not seen any changes, and finally they are telling everyone on the dev blog that they are closing the finishing touches on Territory Control, seriously what is this, I wouldn't consider this a faction based game when people are not working as a faction, but having in game poltics, drama, and debates within the same faction. All questions directed to G1 on their own forums have so far been ignored and or replied to by these big Clans, and their alliances shooting it down every time someone posts that there should be a change one of them posts and so do their friends.

Not only PVP issues, but I am noticing the lack of content lack of customization, Quest Bugs with old quests that don't need to be there confusing new players which should be fixed, and OverAll the PVP itself doesn't make much sense, I am supposed to be in a Post Apocalyptic world fighting for survival, but why am I going out and killing a bunch of players what is the point of me doing such there needs to be quests, and story to go with this to give me an actual reason, am I fighting for Medical Supplies, or am I playing a sport similar to the movie The Hunger Games?

Comments

• dauntSilverdauntSilver Member Posts: 146

I wanted to try FE until I read about the little patch they did.. is it still worth playing for the F2P player?

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by dauntSilver

I wanted to try FE until I read about the little patch they did.. is it still worth playing for the F2P player?

G1 has destroyed the game to such an extend, that even the most hardcore fans have left!

There is hardly anyone around anymore willing to pay a sub for this trainwreck.

So G1 is now desperately trying to force the F2P people to pay up!

It is really sad to see what has happened to this game over time, ever since it got taken over by G1.  /sad panda

• nerrollusnerrollus Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 214

G1 are such a band of crooks ... I really hated to see FE fall into their hands after they turned APB into such a money trap. I used to love FE, but never play it anymore.

• PalladinPalladin Member UncommonPosts: 430
    Originally posted by Renoaku

Not to start another thread to gripe about G1, but these are the current patch notes, and it looks like Free Players just got an arrow to the knee.

http://fallenearth.gamersfirst.com/ <--- F2P players get the nerf. 1 crafting quene slot as F2P.

I am talking about Free Players now only get 1 slot to quene up for crafting so you like have to spend $9.99 a month to get more crafting quene etc.

Also I have noticed that after over 3 months, I still fail to see G1 do anything about the in game Politics such as people attacking members of their own faction. G1 allows this, and in other words if you are a new player, and do not do what big brother of your faction says even if you are not a member of their clan but you choose to go your own way expect to be killed on sight by them and their friends and no way to avoid this but avoid TC all together which is a big arrow to the knee because its a big resource farming spot for rare materials.

I really do not understand how G1 can do this to Fallen Earth, In 3 months I have not seen any changes, and finally they are telling everyone on the dev blog that they are closing the finishing touches on Territory Control, seriously what is this, I wouldn't consider this a faction based game when people are not working as a faction, but having in game poltics, drama, and debates within the same faction. All questions directed to G1 on their own forums have so far been ignored and or replied to by these big Clans, and their alliances shooting it down every time someone posts that there should be a change one of them posts and so do their friends.

Not only PVP issues, but I am noticing the lack of content lack of customization, Quest Bugs with old quests that don't need to be there confusing new players which should be fixed, and OverAll the PVP itself doesn't make much sense, I am supposed to be in a Post Apocalyptic world fighting for survival, but why am I going out and killing a bunch of players what is the point of me doing such there needs to be quests, and story to go with this to give me an actual reason, am I fighting for Medical Supplies, or am I playing a sport similar to the movie The Hunger Games?

G1 is not a game developer. Their only interest in this game is to creat as many mirco transaction mods as possible then try to force players to buy stuff. Aside from this they are not going to spend money on this game.

Simple solution to your frustraition is to stop expecting G1 to "fix" the game its never going to happen. Accept the game as it is and you will enjoy it much more

AMD Phenum II x4 3.6Ghz 975 black edition
    8 gig Ram
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 760

• booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96

I used to play this game, and tought it was pretty awesome.

But because of some RL issues I took a break and came back to find this horrid patch, so instead of getting back to the game I deleted it from my drive.

Personally, I do believe that developers and gaming companies should make a profit, and even though I never subscribed, I did spend money there every so often by buying items. I'm ok with that, but I need another recuring monthly bill right now like I need a hole in the head, so subscribing to a game is not something I'm about to do.

There are plenty of games out there where you can play very nicely just by buying things from the cash shop without having to take on a monthly comitment. And even if I was going to take on a game subscription, I think I would much rather spend my money on something like Secret World than Fallen Earth.

I hope G1 comes to their senses and reverses this crafting nerf, but I am not holding my breath either.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455

Fallen Earth was originally developed as a vehicle by its inde devs to create and test a new proprietory engine for creating MMOS.  It was ambitious, and its use of real world terrain maps ground breaking.  The game was fun, but ultimately had a number of issues. 

I think the best approach is to take Fallen Earth as it is - you either like it, or not, and you either want to pay for it, or not.  Honestly players who get to play for free should never complain if the company running the game "encourage" you to pay - you are either still having fun, or not.  If you are not having fun, or don't want to pay, there are plenty of other games out there.

• DrolkinDrolkin Member UncommonPosts: 246

This is for all the children who don't have a job and can't afford 9.99/month.

Without income a game such as Fallen Earth will shutdown, it takes a lot of money(more then you will ever make as a individual) to keep running.

Either play the game, or don't, but don't whine about people expecting to get paid for the work they do and trying to make money to keep their game running, it's so childish and ignorant.

So what if you can attack your own faction, it's realistic, just because someone is American doesn't mean they won't attack another fellow American, end of story.

As far as G1 not updating the game since it took over anyone with a brain would be able to figure out the reason for that is LACK OF FUNDS.

Anyways, I'm gonna continue to log onto FE myself since Ive played it for launch, but yes it is obvious it is doomed mostly because we live in a world where people think everything should be free.

Enjoy your future wellfare.

• krondinkrondin Member UncommonPosts: 106
    The 1st 9 months the game came out i had a blast playing it, then they made combat changes which imho ruined the fun of combat for me in pve. It does have a fantastic crafting system for a mmo. I had hoped they would fix the game so i might return, but i dont see that happening...
  • booboofingerbooboofinger Member UncommonPosts: 96
    Originally posted by Drolkin

Without income a game such as Fallen Earth will shutdown, it takes a lot of money(more then you will ever make as a individual) to keep running.

Either play the game, or don't, but don't whine about people expecting to get paid for the work they do and trying to make money to keep their game running, it's so childish and ignorant.

So what if you can attack your own faction, it's realistic, just because someone is American doesn't mean they won't attack another fellow American, end of story.

As far as G1 not updating the game since it took over anyone with a brain would be able to figure out the reason for that is LACK OF FUNDS.

Anyways, I'm gonna continue to log onto FE myself since Ive played it for launch, but yes it is obvious it is doomed mostly because we live in a world where people think everything should be free.

Some of us don't have mommy and daddy footing our bills....

Regardless, as I said before, i don't mind spending money on games and I don't think there has been one F2P game that I haven't spent money on. What I don't like is to having to commit to paying a regular subscription each month.

It used to be that you would pay to play games by the hour (but you are probably too young to remember that). Then we paid monthly to play a game, and I did my share of that. At some point I even had 3 subscriptions to 3 different games at once. Now the business model that seems to be more successful is microtransactions. It's really a matter of change in order to survive, not just with MMOs but with any business.

But hey, since money is no object for you, why don't you ask your mommy and daddy to up your allowance by a couple thousand each month so you can go into the cash shop, on top of having a subscription, and spend it all there?

• retiredmjretiredmj Member UncommonPosts: 160
    Originally posted by Drolkin

The game should go to a Subscription model with a free trial instead of false advertising it as having a F2P model.  Defend the game all you like, G1 has slowly chopped this game up to suck every last cent out of it with doing absolutely nothing as far as updates from the original.

• aspekxaspekx Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    just curious, but do vets not consider farms to be an update?

"There are at least two kinds of games.
    One could be called finite, the other infinite.
    A finite game is played for the purpose of winning,
    an infinite game for the purpose of continuing play."
    Finite and Infinite Games, James Carse

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by chelan
    just curious, but do vets not consider farms to be an update?

Sure they do. But farms just don't negate the horrible patching in the summer of last year. G1 made the game worse in the eyes of many vets that played before G1 took it over. But yeah, yay farms?!

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,754
    I liked alot of FE the first few hours I played it, but the further I went the less I started liking it......It has a cool world and a open world feel but jsut something was wrong overall and I just had no desire to go further than level 15...I may go back someday but if they are going to squeeze the f2p players then I'll ahve no interest.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387

On any other games (such as SWTOR), I might agree with the free crowd.

However, on this game, NO. They really needed and should charge more.

They were giving away too much goodies to start with in this game that's why it was not doing well financially in the first place. I mean, in APB you buy guns; however in FE what do they really sell? Just a few XP powerups? How many people were really going to spend money on that??

They should've gone the path of free trial and subscription based, as someone mentioned before.