Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[poll] Which top feature to get yourself interested in the game again

Vote below.

Don´t want to influence you so I won´t tell you what I voted :D

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

They are all good choices, but the most important one(s) would be something giving the game more freedom.  So freeroam space would be my top pick (if done right it could add tremendous content and replayability value).  Minigames would be #2, for me.

Every game has quests and combat, I'd love an MMO, especially a SW MMO to have something that makes it unique.  Or, if not unique, at least an arrangement of activities to live in a game world where everyone isn't always constantly fighting & saving the world/galaxy/universe single handedly..

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Karteli

They are all good choices, but the most important one(s) would be something giving the game more freedom.  So freeroam space would be my top pick (if done right it could add tremendous content and replayability value).  Minigames would be #2, for me.

Every game has quests and combat, I'd love an MMO, especially a SW MMO to have something that makes it unique.  Or, if not unique, at least an arrangement of activities to live in a game world where everyone isn't always constantly fighting & saving the world/galaxy/universe single handedly..

As someone who plays the game, this is pretty much what I want to see mostly. 

• kb056kb056 Member CommonPosts: 423
    I have no interest. Shut ToR down and give me back my Pre-CU SWG.
  • altair4altair4 Member Posts: 158
    This game had it's chance. Remake it and I still wouldn't play it. Needs to be a new game and a combination of a sandbox free roaming world with theme park things like dungeons and raids.
  • SimphanaticSimphanatic Member Posts: 92

Until I got 5 different classes to level cap I mostly enjoyed SWTOR, though I must say the last few classes only did essential quests and I simply ground them on mobs. End-game content is really poor and I cannot see EA/Bioware making the necessary investment to correct it at this point. Generally, I enjoy crafting, but something about TOR's mechanics never grabbed me; plus, the economy never really supported it. Inevitably, my "crafting" efforts were reduced to collecting raw materials (for Bioanalysis) from the mobs I was grinding on, and selling these directly on the Gallactic Marketplace. For a short time, I pulled my old WoW trick, bought up all the low-priced mats, and resold them at a somewhat higher rate, but having tons of money in TOR was pointless because there was nothing to purchase.

Excepting it's carrot and stick quests, there's really no reason to go back. TOR does not provide an open world with things to do besides combat -- like meaningful side professions, venues, ancilliary games -- so, lack of intriguing endgame content means no reason to hang around. The TOR universe just isn't a place where I want to reside.

In all, it's really too bad. Mentally, I was prepared to hang with TOR for the long haul, I even kept my subscription for months after I quit playing actively. A couple weeks ago, however, I cancelled my subscription and deleted all the files off my PC. There simply isn't anything that makes me want to go back and, with the F2P model, severely reducing staff, and much more limited income potential, I just don't envision the developers creating anything that would pull me back in. Like I said, it's too damned bad, I really wanted to make SWTOR my home. Quite sad, actually, how something with so much potential could have been mismanaged and utterly crippled by short sightedness by the game's supposed visionaries. Damn shame, as SWTOR's failure will doubtless impact promising new titles for years to come, if not forever.

EDIT: I've also got to add that I never cared much for the TOR player community. For the most part, every group I was ever in was always in a big gaddammed rush. I never had a positive experience with any of the flashpoints or heroics until I could solo them. Group members ALWAYS insisted on tabbing through cut scenes, so there was no way to understand what was going on. This was generally true of grouping for anything. It just seemed like the only reason anyone played was to level up in a big damned hurry, "need" all the good drops, and to hell with everyone else. I never once felt a sense of community, nor were there very many players I wanted to have anything to do with anyway. This too figured into my final decision to delete and never go back.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Simphanatic

EDIT: I've also got to add that I never cared much for the TOR player community. For the most part, every group I was ever in was always in a big gaddammed rush. I never had a positive experience with any of the flashpoints or heroics until I could solo them. Group members ALWAYS insisted on tabbing through cut scenes, so there was no way to understand what was going on. This was generally true of grouping for anything. It just seemed like the only reason anyone played was to level up in a big damned hurry, "need" all the good drops, and to hell with everyone else. I never once felt a sense of community, nor were there very many players I wanted to have anything to do with anyway. This too figured into my final decision to delete and never go back.

This is by far the worst thing about the game IMO. I have to stick with my guild when doing flashpoints and such as there's always someone wanting to skip past cutscenes and just rush through the thing.

• KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,086
    Housing and large worlds to roam/explore would definitely add to the game, but I would really like to see an improved in-game economy where crafting actually mattered. With a cash shop coming, I doubt it will ever happen. I have no interest in painfully repetitive end-game gear grinds in a game that offers little else to do, so I doubt I will ever return.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Mine wasn't listed. I just want the world to feel more alive and immersive like it feels when I am in Divinity Reach in GW2, day night cycles, swimming, NPCs that move more, more atmospheric effects, just less static. I also want the focus of the social hub to be moved away from fleet and back to the planets, like the Cantinas where they would be populated with lots of side things you can do (which was one of the choices, just not my first). There should be ALOT more random events like they have already implemented a couple of times...but on every planet and more frequently. I think random events mixed with the standard quest hubs would be awesome. It doesn't have to be like GW2, but at least move more in that direction.

There Is Always Hope!

• KorithianKorithian Member Posts: 243

I'd love to see so many things added to TOR its hard to know where to start.

That said one thing that got me from the moment the cinematics ended and the character creation started was the lack of diversity involved in creating my avatar. I could play a variety of different coloured humans and then had an option to pick a couple of hair cuts and a couple of facial expressions and body types.

Now there are arguments against too many options such as the impact it has on mass PvP cause those choices make rendering harder therefore more lag. Turns out even without the choices the engine couldn't handly and Ilum was removed. There is a possible argument that its not that big a deal why can't you be happy playing as a generic human clone of everyone else. But then I think this misses the point of MMO's, people like to play with others but they don't want to look like everyone else.

In order for people to keep coming back to the game they need to feel some sort of conection with their avatar, if its just generic guy A or B then once the story is over and you are standing on fleet the realisiation there is nothing left quickly dawns and its time to go and play something else. So I think Bioware really dropped the ball investing all that time and effort into a personal story to make you feel connected to your character and then gave little choice in species or look.

And lets face it, I feel more connection with how my character looks than some meaningless choice made in the story arc that never has any effect on the game world other than maybe granting some affection or light/dark points.

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I voted more warzones, but really what will get me back would be a well done F2P conversion because I can't stomach giving EA any more money for monthly subscriptions. I'm not sure what they're actually doing for F2P qualifies. We shall see.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• MacecardMacecard Member UncommonPosts: 142
    Originally posted by kb056

This option needs to be on the list. If you combine a few of them you almost get this anyway.

If you continue to make sweeping statements like you know what everyone everywhere thinks about a certain topic then I am going to shout at you.
    It easy to type 'I think this is the worst game ever'
    Rather than the 'This is the worst game ever'

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

I find it funny how Bioware keeps adding the least requested stuff, flashpoints and operations. And a freakin´ companion. 

They seriously should reconsider if they have the right person in charge for product planning.

• SandboxSandbox Member UncommonPosts: 295
    Originally posted by kb056

I go with kb056.

Pre-CU, ultimatley combined with the scrapped Combat Rewamp.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    They'd have to start from the ground up and start over to fix the problems I had with the game, so I can't vote on any of your options.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Removal of quest hubs, a more free roaming PvE and PvP experience, and a change in the combat system. Those are the 3 biggies it would take to get me back. It would actually take all 3 and thats simply a start lol... 
  • Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713

I think if they made a huge open space expansion, that would really make the game nice. Then the planets would feel a little more like just gravy rather than a lackluster entree.

I always thought it would be awesome to have a space MMO that wasn't JUST a space MMO. This would be the perfect opportunity for Bioware to do that. They wouldn't have to mess with their core gameplay just add in a whole new style to compliment it.

Think about it, flying around in space, doing some missions getting into some PvP running some trade perhaps? Then when you feel like it you land on a planet and go do some quests or maybe finally work on that story mission? Could be awesome.

• nethervoidnethervoid Member UncommonPosts: 531

Have to agree with the guy that said it had it's shot, time to move on. After spending so much energy wishing Vanguard could be redone I've given up on a game getting any kind of chance after it has already been launched and found lacking.

Best bet is to move on and let it die.

nethervoid - Est. '97
    [UO|EQ|SB|SWG|PS|HZ|EVE|NWN|WoW|VG|DF|SWTOR|SotA|BDO]
    24k subs YouTube Gaming channel

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

I find it funny how Bioware keeps adding the least requested stuff, flashpoints and operations. And a freakin´ companion. 

They seriously should reconsider if they have the right person in charge for product planning.

I case you missed it . Most have been "retired " or " left to pursue other options". In corporate speak that means they've been let go. This entales NDA and money and shown the door. So they are in transition.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988

Voted Other.

Didn't see honesty from Developers listed.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Mod delete please , duplicate post. Thank you.

• nightsoftnightsoft Member Posts: 15

I have to admit, saying the best feature would be to shut the game down gave me a giggle or two.

At the very least they need to add a BF2 style persistent space battleground with PVE and PVP content and open up the planets to more exploration. That would go a long way toward keeping my interest.

• Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph Member UncommonPosts: 1,361
    i ll back only if TOR has to transformed in to  clean WAR clone
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    of course most people(including me) picked massive free roam universe.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

except...........

fully customizable housing and achievement display

free open space

all others are for those that actually still play the game.

i dont think that those 2 are good issues to bring back the 2 mill players

personally things that will bring me back (but its too late i think)

global chat

balanced classes

BoE for all cosmetic items

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

Other: too many features needed to mention only one as just one won't fix the game.

However there's one thing that I'm really looking forward: better communication in the Trion style. Being 2 way communication and accept to change features on players feedback, even if it's a 180 turn from what was felt needed for the game.

This would make a huge difference to the game. More than anything else.

This discussion has been closed.