Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you had to play one game for the next 5 years, would it be THEME PARK or SANDBOX?

13»

Comments

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Voted sandbox as I haven't been able to endure a theme park for more than two weeks in many years. On the other hand, I played a sandbox mmo for more than five years in one case.

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Heinz130

Omfg,24% of the ppl dont know the diference btw sandbox and themeparks

How the hell someone can play the same themepark for 5 years? xD

Nah, the issue comes down to this for me. I played UO for 10+ years. There hasn't been a sandbox that comes close to it. 

They haven't managed to make another sandbox like it in 15 years. I don't see one coming any time soon. So if I had to pick between themepark and sandbox to play for the next 5 years I'd go themepark simply because choosing sandbox means I'd be stuck playing sandbox wannabies like DF or MO which isn't going to happen lol. 

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Voted sandbox but not fantasy i'm  tired of fantasy genre i want game in modern settings.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

I would probably play Minecraft, but I'd be spending a LOT of time doing something that wasn't playing video games.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• KarahandrasKarahandras Member UncommonPosts: 1,703
    Originally posted by mmoDAD

I voted Sandbox, too.

I can't imagine blasting through the Theme Park to max level in a matter of weeks and having to spend the next 4 years and 11 months playing the same 4-5 Battlegrounds, Arenas, Warzones, or whatever they want to call 'em.

Sandbox has fantastic sustain. It's a shame that AAA funding has never really hit the Sandbox genre as of yet. Here's hoping for ArcheAge and EverQuest Next (Smed did state that they are going virtual world with this one).

This.

• SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342

I didn't vote because you don't have an option for the game that is FUN.

Themepark or sandbox, whatever as long as I am enjoying it, you need that option as well. Hell, maybe I would want to play NHL 13 for the next 5 years, why not an option for that?

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• JoeyMMOJoeyMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,326

Well, you'd expect a sandbox answer to this poll, but truth be told, most sandboxes bore me to pieces. It's all player driven, but if a group of players decides to do things that you don't like one bit, then tough, you're in for the ride or you're out as well.

So I'd prefer a good themepark to a sandbox, because I have yet to find a decent casual friendly sandbox that doesn't require a sub. 

imageimage
  • DreamionDreamion Member UncommonPosts: 287
    Combination swg + vanguard
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    We have an entire thread dedicated to this line of discussion and related: http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/317478/Sandbox-vs-Themepark-Discussion-Thread.html

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.