Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Honestly...

CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337

I have complete respect for you Forsaken dudes from Mortal Online, however my concern is that you're hyping and gathering people behind a game not due until 3 years from now. I think it would be better suited for everyone that attention would of been brought to this game in 2014 or later.

Just my input and worry for you all.

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

I have not really seen any hype for this game..

They announced it and did a few vids but that was it..

• CelusiosCelusios Member UncommonPosts: 337
    Are you serious? It's on the top hyped games list. Check it out on the main page.
  • NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71

There are only 170 something hype votes for EoC.... Huge hype, right?

Compared to 1000s for others.

Nefastus - Enclave

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Yeah, Forsaken Studios hasn't done any huge amount of advertising. The forums here only recently came under offical FS control. The largest advertising was during the Kickstarter campaign, and that has been over for a while, goals accomplished. It has been almost entirely word of mouth.
  • Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Celusios
    Are you serious? It's on the top hyped games list. Check it out on the main page.

First of all, the hype rating on this site is a huge crock, dont ever take it as any bearing on a games quality, hype, or actual "rating"

The recent "trend" on this site is to force a bunch of in development and beta games at the top of the hype list, which might be a good thing for people looking to keep track of new and upcomming games, however they added a few games that died years ago and will remain on this site under development for eternity.

My guess is that FS came here to gain hype (not the rating actual hype) for their game for investment purposes, only reason you would list a game this far off from launch, and i dont have an issue with this tactic.

As with all these indy sandbox companies, development will take ages longer than expected and results will be far less than expected.  Even with a timely and flawless launch, i would never expect a game like this to ever actually be hyped...mainly because its not a wow-park that promises the world...which seem to be the only game fans of this site like, despite constant woes for something different (well the wow-park promises to be different every time, eventhough it is the same...which hooks these people for some reason, time and time again...)

• ThradokThradok Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

My guess is that FS came here to gain hype (not the rating actual hype) for their game for investment purposes, only reason you would list a game this far off from launch, and i dont have an issue with this tactic.

No, as I said FS only recently (last couple of weeks) gained control of the forums and info here. They didn't start this.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386
    Originally posted by Thradok
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

No, as I said FS only recently (last couple of weeks) gained control of the forums and info here. They didn't start this.

FS has to start a page on this site, they had to submit the screen shots and provide the blurb info.  FS put this game on the site, no one else did.

And yes, developers will do stuff like this super early to gain funding, its not uncommon. 

• NefastusNefastus Member Posts: 71
    Actually no screenshots were provided (everything on screenshot page here are concept art), and it wasn't FS that requested this on MMORPG.com, it was community driven, same as the effort to get EoC on the hype meter.

Nefastus - Enclave

• DaveBelcherDaveBelcher Member Posts: 40

Indeed, and whoever submitted the info got some aspects a bit wrong, so we had to grab control so we could fix a few things :)

But ultimately, it is never too early to start building a community for a game like ours. The community IS the game. By being a part of our community you help to both support us (and motivate us) in the games development, as well as being able to share throughs, ideas and concerns nice and early before too many things are "set in stone".

And also, yes, having a strong community following certainly will help with future investment drives! The community we have so far has already helped no end with the various sundry costs of developing an indie MMO. Even if none of the dev team are taking a wage, there are still lots to pay for!

We certainly don't want to "hype". On the contrary, we are being as open and honest as possible about everything as we go along, so as to manage expectations of what we may or may not be able to achieve. We certainly do have an ambitious project however, and all the will and drive to carry it off :)