Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Spoiled gamer's expect things handed to them

jernmeljernmel Member Posts: 4
First thing i know the title is gonna immediately grab attention of trolls but honestly i hope anet stays true to their word.  If they bastardize guild wars 2 and make it easy for people who dont want to take the time to learn it (which does not take much) i will be done.  The dungeon system is difficult to most people because they think of dungeons in a traditional sense in most of my encounters with pugs.  GET IN A GUILD AN USE VOICE.  Stop trying to compare this game to Wow and other mmos because i am sure many others out there like me feel its about time someone did something right.  YES. there are buggs. Tell me one mmo at launch that has not had them. Yes there are people who have been 80 for a long time and are getting bored. my question is Did you exploit bugs, zerg, or no life to get there?  If you did do this then why are you bitching.  End game has been a hot topic. i dont look at end game like most players in this game.  The dungeon system is challenging and provides alot of entertainment but most people are so bad at figuring out to to balance themselves or that the should be using voice to communicate that they cause the fails. I have played so many mmo's that have charged me a monthy sub for a gear grind.  Then a few years later a new shiny box for 50$ more with another gear grind. i love the fact that at 80 once you have exoctic gear you are set. Guild wars one used this model never raised the level cap.  Never increased weapon damage and released several expansions at a very fast rate.  This game right now has 6 live teams working on content for the players.  they plan on giving the community content before the close of the year.  Yet the only monies the recieve extra are from the cash shop that people are able to buy from with in game money.   One other thing i will state not many mmos i paid a monthly sub for that gave free content to their players. In gw1 and now in gw2  according to various articles i have read there will be and has been free content added to the guild wars franchise.  I am seriously tired of the crying get a tissue and dont cry so badly to anet that you let gw2 become what so other games are in the industry.  Challenge should bring you back and keep you trying not make you cry to the devs.  CERTAIN devs have let players do this far to long and i am glad in anet thus far seems to be sticking to their guns on keeping challenge in the content.

Comments

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    I'm not reading that... 
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    I'm not reading that... 

I want to, I really do, but........can't.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Your enter its stuck? Smash that damn buttion

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• OcenicaOcenica Member UncommonPosts: 96

s;jidoad;osh05kj;la;slidjfpaw84e75-19234857osadfhijgaldknba;dltuoq[we5ut

That's what i saw.

• arctarusarctarus Member UncommonPosts: 2,581

" First thing i know the title is gonna immediately grab attention of trolls but honestly i hope anet stays true to their word. If they bastardize guild wars 2 and make it easy for people who dont want to take the time to learn it (which does not take much) i will be done.

The dungeon system is difficult to most people because they think of dungeons in a traditional sense in most of my encounters with pugs. GET IN A GUILD AN USE VOICE. Stop trying to compare this game to Wow and other mmos because i am sure many others out there like me feel its about time someone did something right.

YES. there are buggs. Tell me one mmo at launch that has not had them. Yes there are people who have been 80 for a long time and are getting bored. my question is Did you exploit bugs, zerg, or no life to get there? If you did do this then why are you bitching.

End game has been a hot topic. i dont look at end game like most players in this game. The dungeon system is challenging and provides alot of entertainment but most people are so bad at figuring out to to balance themselves or that the should be using voice to communicate that they cause the fails.

I have played so many mmo's that have charged me a monthy sub for a gear grind. Then a few years later a new shiny box for 50$ more with another gear grind. i love the fact that at 80 once you have exoctic gear you are set. Guild wars one used this model never raised the level cap. Never increased weapon damage and released several expansions at a very fast rate. This game right now has 6 live teams working on content for the players. they plan on giving the community content before the close of the year.

Yet the only monies the recieve extra are from the cash shop that people are able to buy from with in game money.

One other thing i will state not many mmos i paid a monthly sub for that gave free content to their players. In gw1 and now in gw2 according to various articles i have read there will be and has been free content added to the guild wars franchise. I am seriously tired of the crying get a tissue and dont cry so badly to anet that you let gw2 become what so other games are in the industry.

Challenge should bring you back and keep you trying not make you cry to the devs. CERTAIN devs have let players do this far to long and i am glad in anet thus far seems to be sticking to their guns on keeping challenge in the content. "

I try to help, hope it works, my answer: lolwut????

RIP Orc Choppa

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359

L2P.  (Learn to Paragraph)

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• ZzadZzad Member UncommonPosts: 1,401
    OP please use paragraphs if you want people to read your posts.
  • jernmeljernmel Member Posts: 4
    sorry copy paste post did not spell check or look at format my apologies
  • Hobbes92Hobbes92 Member Posts: 8

I agree with your sentiment, but you lost me at "i".

Revise and edit, and people may take you more seriously.

Love,

Your friendly neighborhood grammar officer.

^ lol
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,306
    Originally posted by Hobbes92

I agree with your sentiment, but you lost me at "i".

Revise and edit, and people may take you more seriously.

Love,

Your friendly neighborhood grammar officer.

Originally posted by arctarus

" First thing i know the title is gonna immediately grab attention of trolls but honestly i hope anet stays true to their word. If they bastardize guild wars 2 and make it easy for people who dont want to take the time to learn it (which does not take much) i will be done.

The dungeon system is difficult to most people because they think of dungeons in a traditional sense in most of my encounters with pugs. GET IN A GUILD AN USE VOICE. Stop trying to compare this game to Wow and other mmos because i am sure many others out there like me feel its about time someone did something right.

YES. there are buggs. Tell me one mmo at launch that has not had them. Yes there are people who have been 80 for a long time and are getting bored. my question is Did you exploit bugs, zerg, or no life to get there? If you did do this then why are you bitching.

End game has been a hot topic. i dont look at end game like most players in this game. The dungeon system is challenging and provides alot of entertainment but most people are so bad at figuring out to to balance themselves or that the should be using voice to communicate that they cause the fails.

I have played so many mmo's that have charged me a monthy sub for a gear grind. Then a few years later a new shiny box for 50$ more with another gear grind. i love the fact that at 80 once you have exoctic gear you are set. Guild wars one used this model never raised the level cap. Never increased weapon damage and released several expansions at a very fast rate. This game right now has 6 live teams working on content for the players. they plan on giving the community content before the close of the year.

Yet the only monies the recieve extra are from the cash shop that people are able to buy from with in game money.

One other thing i will state not many mmos i paid a monthly sub for that gave free content to their players. In gw1 and now in gw2 according to various articles i have read there will be and has been free content added to the guild wars franchise. I am seriously tired of the crying get a tissue and dont cry so badly to anet that you let gw2 become what so other games are in the industry.

Challenge should bring you back and keep you trying not make you cry to the devs. CERTAIN devs have let players do this far to long and i am glad in anet thus far seems to be sticking to their guns on keeping challenge in the content. "

I try to help, hope it works, my answer: lolwut????

What has this site come to? People actually trying to help this poor soul out? The apocolypse draws nigh.

Seriously, though, thanks arc. From your fixing I discovered that this is another "It doesn't matter what you don't like about my favorite game, STFU!!!!!111!! IT ROCKS!!111!!1

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• deaditealivedeaditealive Member Posts: 1
    guild wars 2 is boring you can just pvp at level 1 why would you even take the time to level up lol there is no point fair enuf doods. y wuld any1 waist tyme n effert 2 try n do sumthin u can do @ 1
  • SlampigSlampig Member UncommonPosts: 2,342
    Originally posted by jernmel
    First thing i know the title is gonna immediately grab attention of trolls but honestly i hope anet stays true to their word.  If they bastardize guild wars 2 and make it easy for people who dont want to take the time to learn it (which does not take much) i will be done.  The dungeon system is difficult to most people because they think of dungeons in a traditional sense in most of my encounters with pugs.  GET IN A GUILD AN USE VOICE.  Stop trying to compare this game to Wow and other mmos because i am sure many others out there like me feel its about time someone did something right.  YES. there are buggs. Tell me one mmo at launch that has not had them. Yes there are people who have been 80 for a long time and are getting bored. my question is Did you exploit bugs, zerg, or no life to get there?  If you did do this then why are you bitching.  End game has been a hot topic. i dont look at end game like most players in this game.  The dungeon system is challenging and provides alot of entertainment but most people are so bad at figuring out to to balance themselves or that the should be using voice to communicate that they cause the fails. I have played so many mmo's that have charged me a monthy sub for a gear grind.  Then a few years later a new shiny box for 50$ more with another gear grind. i love the fact that at 80 once you have exoctic gear you are set. Guild wars one used this model never raised the level cap.  Never increased weapon damage and released several expansions at a very fast rate.  This game right now has 6 live teams working on content for the players.  they plan on giving the community content before the close of the year.  Yet the only monies the recieve extra are from the cash shop that people are able to buy from with in game money.   One other thing i will state not many mmos i paid a monthly sub for that gave free content to their players. In gw1 and now in gw2  according to various articles i have read there will be and has been free content added to the guild wars franchise.  I am seriously tired of the crying get a tissue and dont cry so badly to anet that you let gw2 become what so other games are in the industry.  Challenge should bring you back and keep you trying not make you cry to the devs.  CERTAIN devs have let players do this far to long and i am glad in anet thus far seems to be sticking to their guns on keeping challenge in the content.

WHOOO! Gaming Warrior shootin' down the crying cry babies! YEEEEHAW!

And back to reality...this is what I have been talking about, way to represent the GW2 community, buddy...

That Guild Wars 2 login screen knocked up my wife. Must be the second coming!

• InFlamestwoInFlamestwo Member Posts: 662
    Wall of text.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912

Moved to general, as this is more of a rant than any sort of impressions/review thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    Originally posted by Creslin321

L2P.  (Learn to Paragraph)

And this is exactly his point. Lazy people expecteing things handed to them like breaks in the wall of text and stuff. Instead of him learning to paragraph you should learn to /quote /edit /paragraph for yourself /read before posting a response.  I kid I kid

I will simply say I don't agree with all of his rant but I do see where he is coming from.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by jernmel
    The dungeon system is difficult to most people because they think of dungeons in a traditional sense in most of my encounters with pugs.  GET IN A GUILD AN USE VOICE. 

Just wondering if that was on the outside of the box or on the website?

If you're going to design a casual game, you'd better make it pretty easy for casuals to form up a group, provide built in voice tools, and design the encounters to be mastered by casual players. 

Belonging to a guild should be optional and rarely forced, face it, they offer little value for the overhead sometimes and some folks really don't want the bother.

Blizzard figured this out pretty early in the life cycle and changed much of the game to accomodate this, while still holding out some of the most challenging content for the well organized.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

This is an interesting thread.  The op makes the topic about spoiled gamers wanting everything handed to them..wich is funny since GW2 is a game that caters 100% to these types of gamers.  Everything in this game is build around catering to people who just want stuff handed to them, no grind, no skill progression..everyone gets to be a DPS ect.

People have complained so much about the dungeons being hard. that is what ruined wow. making it hello kitty island adventures redux. i prefer a challenge. watch threads.
  • PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

"I die a lot, therefore dungeons are too hard and should be nerfed!"

"MMOs nowadays are so anti-social, nothing like they used to be, but I expect a dungeon finder and party matching lobby based PvP in all new MMOs because it's a standard feature!"

"There's no content!! Unless you count sitting in queues for stuff content LOL"

Yadda' yadda' yadda'.

WoW popularized MMOs, bringing them to the general public, basically ruining them. Nothing you can do now but try to enjoy what's left and soak up the tears of the new generation.