Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Once and for all...

2»

Comments

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Wootloops
    Originally posted by grimgryphon

Spamming auto-attack? You're playing it wrong (had to say it image)

All you have to do it activate your auto-attack once and go make a sandwich. Whatever you're fighting will be dead when you get back.

No you have to spam it since if it's PvP and you're moving around a lot it will just stop all the time.

Tape the key down and go take a nap. eSport that plays itself FTW!

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • WootloopsWootloops Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by timeraider

If you spam auto-attack... i know why you find pvp boring. I would find it boring to if i died 3 times per second to. Seriously, what noob does pvp and then spams autoattack. Go in tournaments and get slaughtered if you even think about using your #1 attack more then 3 times in a row... and else go play Elementalist

also rated pvp is incoming, so is more then 1 gamemode ...

no one cares about material rewards .. agree with this... most of the people playing GW2 care about having fun.. not about who has the most epeen... if you think pvp cant be fun.. /shoo

also a reminder... you have seen WoW after being out for 1-2 months... it was worse :P Not saying WoW is bad.. played it 5 years, but still you cant go and compare a game that has been evolving for 8 years with a totally new game.

Firstly, I do play an elementalist, and swapping elements is the least efficient way to do damage. You have to sit in one element and spam 1 while once and a while using another ability if any are ever off their 20 minute CDs. 

Secondly, anyone playing any game only cares about fun. Fun is achieved through different means, the most basic of which to have the gameplay be fun in of itself, which is what you seem to be claiming for GW2. Most other games achieve this too, such as WoW, except that they realize that this isn't enough to keep people playing the game for years, so they add more layers of fun, such as making their fun gameplay also competitive, etc. So when people make claims about playing GW2 for the fun of it, it's just to try to cover up the actual lack of fun to be found.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what WoW was like 1-2 months after launch. We don't live in the past. We live in the present where WoW is superior and has more features. I'm not going to play an inferior game because "WoW was just as bad in the beginning". New games have to either reach feature parity with current games, or they have to differentiate themselves enough to be worthwhile, neither of which GW2 achieves.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682

If you spam auto-attack... i know why you find pvp boring. I would find it boring to if i died 3 times per second to. Seriously, what noob does pvp and then spams autoattack. Go in tournaments and get slaughtered if you even think about using your #1 attack more then 3 times in a row... and else go play Elementalist

no one cares about material rewards .. agree with this... most of the people playing GW2 care about having fun.. not about who has the most epeen... if you think pvp cant be fun.. /shoo

also a reminder... you have seen WoW after being out for 1-2 months... it was worse :P Not saying WoW is bad.. played it 5 years, but still you cant go and compare a game that has been evolving for 8 years with a totally new game.

Firstly, I do play an elementalist, and swapping elements is the least efficient way to do damage. You have to sit in one element and spam 1 while once and a while using another ability if any are ever off their 20 minute CDs. 

Secondly, anyone playing any game only cares about fun. Fun is achieved through different means, the most basic of which to have the gameplay be fun in of itself, which is what you seem to be claiming for GW2. Most other games achieve this too, such as WoW, except that they realize that this isn't enough to keep people playing the game for years, so they add more layers of fun, such as making their fun gameplay also competitive, etc. So when people make claims about playing GW2 for the fun of it, it's just to try to cover up the actual lack of fun to be found.

Thirdly, it doesn't matter what WoW was like 1-2 months after launch. We don't live in the past. We live in the present where WoW is superior and has more features. I'm not going to play an inferior game because "WoW was just as bad in the beginning". New games have to either reach feature parity with current games, or they have to differentiate themselves enough to be worthwhile, neither of which GW2 achieves.

One of the most intelligent things I've read in this thread so far. This is quotable.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

One of the most intelligent things I've read in this thread so far. This is quotable.

Yes it is. I totally agree. You release a game to comepete with the way it is. Not the way it was or the way it will be. Dam I sound like an old Led Zep song.

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Well many would argue wow now is inferior to vanilla. But that aside Gw2 now is far better than wow in my opinion. Ask yourself this, if you wiped a veterans character and all achieves and records would they still play wow?

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• WootloopsWootloops Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Well many would argue wow now is inferior to vanilla. But that aside Gw2 now is far better than wow in my opinion. Ask yourself this, if you wiped a veterans character and all achieves and records would they still play wow?

Assuming the anger of loss doesn't bias them, they probably would still play, and if they didn't, it would just prove my point about the importance of prestige for longevity, which GW2 severely lacks.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

Yes it is. I totally agree. You release a game to comepete with the way it is. Not the way it was or the way it will be. Dam I sound like an old Led Zep song.

So let me see if I have this right...

You expect all new games to be of the same "quality" as a game which has already brought in billions of dollars in revenue itself (not even counting the previous Warcraft games)  allowing them to also continue expanding their staff to the largest in the business of making MMOs, as well as 8 or so years to work out all the kinks in their game (which they still havent done btw, they still have hotfixes and patches for a reason).

If you honestly believe that, then you might as well just play WoW and never even consider playing another new MMO again. Nobody will have those same resources and time to spend in development.

The idiocy of some of the logic on these forums blows my mind sometimes. You seriously expect brand new games to be on the same level as games that have been running, profitable, and constantly worked on / fixed for nearly a decade?

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Mm that's not idiotic. 95% of wow content is dead as a dodo, new games are competing with that final 5%. If a new game wasn't equal or better quality/fun noone would buy it.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is plain baiting.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.