Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Once and for all...

PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603

PvP and wielding a Legendary Weopon is Guild Wars 2 End Game. I am so tired of threads saying "There is no end game". There is plenty of end game content.  [mod edit]

Comments

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    i made posts that didnt include such harsh statements ...and got warnings . I wonder what will happen here tbh.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    Originally posted by Deerhunter71
    Panzy is PvP with NO consequences.....  The PvP here is pointless and you gain nor lose anything and its the same repetitive maps over and over and over lol

I know, right?! REAL PvP should be permadeath! Not only permadeath, but every time you die your bank account is hit for a $5.00 fee as an added consequence! At the least, you should be knocked back to level one and dumped naked  in the pits of hell somewhere.

Or... we could do something totally crazy... let PvP be played for fun! I know... I'm totally over the edge on that idea.

PvP in GW2 is far from pointless however. You want evidence of that? Here you go. Take a look at the server vs server threads, especially the tier 1 thread. Server pride is developing quite nicely. WvW is turning into much more of an "us" than a "me" activity. I was "born and raised" on Jade Quarry, and the evolution in the WvW community is really becoming noticable as of late, with excellent commanders rising to the top, guilds becoming organized units, people working and communicating together, TS3 becoming a very active and social place... yes, I know, you don't get more and more shinies beyond a point. In GW2, we're no longer skritt. We're past that.

Oderint, dum metuant.

• WootloopsWootloops Member UncommonPosts: 165
    PvP is about prestige, and GW2 does everything it can to keep you from having it.
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    [mod edit]

Yah, if you can get into WvsWvsW it's nice, and switching to another servers is not an option if you're in a guild you've been with for years or people you've played with for years, and they don't wanna switch. Who would want to switch to a lower pop server anyways and get rolled by the bigger WvsW zergs from other servers? I log in and wait hours sometimes and still don't get in for WvsW. If you just play several hours a day what's the fun in sitting in a que for WvsW if you can never get in?

Legendary's are end game too? really what's the point in getting them? You can get exotics crafted that have the same stats. The legendary just look neat....I don't get the point in bothering with them myself, but if someone else wants to that's great. Legendary end game it doesn't take much to get one so that's not much for an endgame.

Pvp is what I'm most interested in, or I should say the WvsW is what I'm interested in, battlegrounds I have zero interest in, that's not pvp to me... In GW2 though, what I'm seeing more and more, and it's disappointing, is it's just a mindless zergfest. You follow the zerg from place to place, there's no strategy to it. It's not really pvp to me. If what you say PvP is end game for GW2, it's extremely boring.

[mod edit]

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    [mod edit]

Yes ofcourse there is end game. Every MMO has one.

What people should say is that 'they don't like the end game'.

However, this tpic is goign to get locked soon because you are just trying to start a flame war here by calling out players.

As far as being 'fluffy'. I have an asura alt and i see people running around with my little pony pink bows and all kind of ridiculous stuff. it is a fantasy game after all and have plenty of fluffiness.

• VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748

Tayah, if I may ask, what server are you on? On JQ more and more I'm seeing the commanders breaking up potential surges into groups and giving multiple objectives, for example, which is really keeping things more dynamic and active. Plus, there's something beautiful when you see that zerg rushing towards your fortified structure, you darken the sky with a hail of seige fire and see them crash and break on your gate like the mindless wave they represent crashing against the storm wall protecting the harbor and those within... sigh...

Um... sorry, wandered off there...

Oderint, dum metuant.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

WvWvW is pretty appalling for the main part and has zero longer term hold due to the resets. Which leaves sPvP.

Not sure how that can be considered "endgame" when for all intents and purposes it stands alone from the main game world and said game worlds progression systems.

Item skins grinds and legendary grinds seem to be "endgame".

[mod edit]

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Volkon

Or... we could do something totally crazy... let PvP be played for fun! I know... I'm totally over the edge on that idea.

Or have PvP for consequence and better rewards and maybe some thrill, rather than just boring PvP for "fun".

You know what's fun? Being on the edge of your seat scared with every hit that you might die and lose something valuable, or the excitement when you kill someone and get something valuable.

The most exciting PvP I ever did was runescape way back in the day...and that game has the worst combat ever, amazing how that works out.

Would be nice to see a game one day that offers both types of PvP.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Tayah, if I may ask, what server are you on? On JQ more and more I'm seeing the commanders breaking up potential surges into groups and giving multiple objectives, for example, which is really keeping things more dynamic and active. Plus, there's something beautiful when you see that zerg rushing towards your fortified structure, you darken the sky with a hail of seige fire and see them crash and break on your gate like the mindless wave they represent crashing against the storm wall protecting the harbor and those within... sigh...

I was following your story! My son and I were in something the other day where our server was pushing them back. We were on Skype and bragging about how easy it was putting them in their place, when they flanked uswith another small group and pushed us in between the two of them. It was an outstanding move and it wasn't an accident that it went that way. They had command and control and we all died!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

You want real PVP? Play EVE. Theres consequence for you. You want to take that really expensive ship through low security space? You're gonna lose it. You undock from a major trade hub in a low tier hauler carrying a faction/officer/deadspace mod? They will suicide gank you just to get that. You are never truely safe, and whenever you lose, you lose your ship, all the money you spent on weapons, mods, and ammo. And if they pod you (actually kill your person) You lose your implants, your clone upgrade to accomodate all your skill points, and you end up back at whatever station you set up as a home station. Probably pretty far from where your wreck is.

Thats PVP for you. Don't come in here claiming PVP is GW2's endgame, that sad, flaccid environment where some people mash some buttons at eachother with no risk/reward is just babby tier childsplay. 

• DiSpLiFFDiSpLiFF Member UncommonPosts: 602
    Originally posted by hikaru77
    [mod edit]

If you want PvP maybe GW1 is ur game, GW2 pvp is a joke.

pretty much my thoughts. GW2 pvp is terrible and I don't see why some people think it's great. Even WoW's system is leagues ahead. 

Originally posted by Pivotelite

Or have PvP for consequence and better rewards and maybe some thrill, rather than just boring PvP for "fun".

You know what's fun? Being on the edge of your seat scared with every hit that you might die and lose something valuable, or the excitement when you kill someone and get something valuable.

The most exciting PvP I ever did was runescape way back in the day...and that game has the worst combat ever, amazing how that works out.

UO pvp was classic and still is. I remember many years ago watching my son lose and go into a frenzy because he lost some of his favorite gear. Now that he has grown up, I'm sure he would do the same thing!

I think something as simple as having some titles above heads during WvWvW would be enough to motivate players. Perhaps the number of kills or a rank system due to the amount of kills. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Jade Quarry is the server I'm on. When you say there's something beautiful when you see a zerg rushing. I have to look at the word SEE...The way arenanet have things atm you cannot see everyone, a lot of times I'll be almost upon a zerg and then finally see them. I have a nice rig I built, I run it on highest settings, no lag, no problems at all with my end. I understand arenanet have spoken about this problem and they're trying to work on fixes for it, but it still exists and is very annoying. Even dynamic events you can get this problem, it's not just WvsW :(

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by Pivotelite

UO pvp was classic and still is. I remember many years ago watching my son lose and go into a frenzy because he lost some of his favorite gear. Now that he has grown up, I'm sure he would do the same thing!

I think something as simple as having some titles above heads during WvWvW would be enough to motivate players. Perhaps the number of kills or a rank system due to the amount of kills. 

GW2 PvP just needs something to motivate people to keep doing it, I can see SPvP dying off quickly if there is nothing but better looking armor to obtain through random RNG breaking down of RNG items from a chest that is useless in every part of the game aside from aethestics, and those aesthetics are only able to be seen in the mists.

Would be interesting if they made an area that is something like the "wilderness" in runescape, if anyone remembers that. I always wanted to see a PvP system like runescapes with actual good graphics and combat.

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF
    Originally posted by PaRoXiTiC

PvP and wielding a Legendary Weopon is Guild Wars 2 End Game. I am so tired of threads saying "There is no end game". There is plenty of end game content. Show me a picture of your Legendary Weopon with your post. If you don't care for PvP or Legendary then go back to WoW panda babies.

Let me repeat myself...

PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP is Guild Wars 2 End Game. If you don't like PvP get your panzy arses out of our game and go play something fluffy.

pretty much my thoughts. GW2 pvp is terrible and I don't see why some people think it's great. Even WoW's system is leagues ahead. 

No, the PvP in GW2 is awesome. The actual combat is superior to WoW. You guys are just directing the lack of of some type of material reward for bad PvP. 

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

Originally posted by DiSpLiFF
    PvP and wielding a Legendary Weopon is Guild Wars 2 End Game. I am so tired of threads saying "There is no end game". There is plenty of end game content. Show me a picture of your Legendary Weopon with your post. If you don't care for PvP or Legendary then go back to WoW panda babies. Let me repeat myself... PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP is Guild Wars 2 End Game. If you don't like PvP get your panzy arses out of our game and go play something fluffy.

No, the PvP in GW2 is awesome. The actual combat is superior to WoW. You guys are just directing the lack of of some type of material reward for bad PvP. 

agreed..better rewards and ladder system need to be put in.. but as far as straight combat I find gw2 much more enjoyable than other themeparks... fast paced combat combined with no healer class and no gear disperity makes for some very very fun PVP

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

If autoattack spamming is superior combat, then GW2 might be better. And no one cares about material rewards, they care about having rated PvP and more than one game mode.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

PvP and wielding a Legendary Weopon is Guild Wars 2 End Game. I am so tired of threads saying "There is no end game". There is plenty of end game content. Show me a picture of your Legendary Weopon with your post. If you don't care for PvP or Legendary then go back to WoW panda babies.

Let me repeat myself...

PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP, PvP is Guild Wars 2 End Game. If you don't like PvP get your panzy arses out of our game and go play something fluffy.

Don't read them then. Not only did you feel the need to read them, you felt the need to replay to them. Then, as if that wasn't enough, you felt to make a thread about it?

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,779
    One of the best threads of 2012! Gj op!
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Wootloops

If autoattack spamming is superior combat, then GW2 might be better. And no one cares about material rewards, they care about having rated PvP and more than one game mode.

Spamming auto-attack? You're playing it wrong (had to say it image)

All you have to do it activate your auto-attack once and go make a sandwich. Whatever you're fighting will be dead when you get back.

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112

Let me repeat myself...

Wonderfull!

I urge you to join Darkfall Unholywars launch very there are less panzys but a lot pvp with consequenses.

Prepare to die a lot and have the greatest adrenaline rushes pvp MMOs can offer!

See you November 20th :D

Originally posted by grimgryphon

Spamming auto-attack? You're playing it wrong (had to say it image)

All you have to do it activate your auto-attack once and go make a sandwich. Whatever you're fighting will be dead when you get back.

No you have to spam it since if it's PvP and you're moving around a lot it will just stop all the time.

• timeraidertimeraider Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by Wootloops

If you spam auto-attack... i know why you find pvp boring. I would find it boring to if i died 3 times per second to. Seriously, what noob does pvp and then spams autoattack. Go in tournaments and get slaughtered if you even think about using your #1 attack more then 3 times in a row... and else go play Elementalist

also rated pvp is incoming, so is more then 1 gamemode ...

no one cares about material rewards .. agree with this... most of the people playing GW2 care about having fun.. not about who has the most epeen... if you think pvp cant be fun.. /shoo

also a reminder... you have seen WoW after being out for 1-2 months... it was worse :P Not saying WoW is bad.. played it 5 years, but still you cant go and compare a game that has been evolving for 8 years with a totally new game.

Ashes of Creation Referral link - Help me to help you!
    https://ashesofcreation.com/r/Y4U3PQCASUPJ5SED
  • drakaenadrakaena Member UncommonPosts: 506
    In what altered dimension is GW2 PvP considered fast paced? Speed in MMO is akin to button mashing skills. GW2 PvP is slowwww in this regard.
  • Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

From an objective point of view, saying "PvP is endgame" is quite bleak, though, don't you agree?

You can't just throw players into a battlefield and give them a chatbox and a sword and say "there, socialize and play forever, this is your endgame". On that premise, Pong has awesome endgame that can last you forever as long as you have someone to play with.

GW2 has no obligation to offer lasting endgame, though, since it's B2P. It would be diferent if they had promised otherwise, but I haven't found any quote where they do offer plenty of endgame as a commercial bait. They offer an immense explorable world, WvW, and an epic storyline (that's for each one to decide, but from their own perspective it's also a valid argument).

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

This discussion has been closed.