Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvE server for darkfall UW?

191011121315»

Comments

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    ain't gonna happen; I am not worry about the ganking since it goes both ways lol

• 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by 123443211234
    NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

This right here. I can't believe how long this thread has gotten. It's crazy.

No. Just -- no.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Ozivois
    DF:UW lacks the depth to handle PvE only server.

That's a joke right?

Please list a few PvE games with depth? 

Theres a reason many PvE games have such an issue with bots, they are simply mindless games. Real people are scipted!

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by 7star
    NO Everything in Darkfall revolves around pvp and the ability to be killed at any time.  A pve only server would be an entirely different game.  Although the pve in Darkfall is better, harder, and more interesting than any other mmo I've ever played it will never come close to preparing someone for a pvp encounter.  (i.e. your get comfortable and transfer comment)

This right here. I can't believe how long this thread has gotten. It's crazy.

No. Just -- no.

It's gotten so long because people just keeps posting NOs

1 No is enough. No need to explain.

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468
    I don't even play darkfall and even i have a problem with this its supposed to be a hardcore pvp game , and this is just an attempt to make the game more mainstream and less niche so screw that, plenty of themepark pve games with some pvp tacked on, so this is the last game that should have pve servers.
  • HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Dampyre
    I don't even play darkfall and even i have a problem with this its supposed to be a hardcore pvp game , and this is just an attempt to make the game more mainstream and less niche so screw that, plenty of themepark pve games with some pvp tacked on, so this is the last game that should have pve servers.

Thanks Dampyre, I'm not sure why others have such a problem grasping it.

• Mr_CMr_C Member Posts: 112

Sorry to burst your bubble but DF1 did not fail it is stil going. 

You forgot to add "abandoned by the devs and close to dead".

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by znaiika

If pve players can sustain their developer team and I know they will " you have a lot more pve players then pvp players " who will just work for pve server and pvp server have it's own team working on maintaining pvp server? then it's just two different games which will not conflict in any way with each other, I can't understand why not have pve server as well.

Why did DF developers desided to create new game in the first place? lack of support from player base, that is the main reason why.

They could not maintain DF in time because of a small team, they could not afford to hire more people to fix the game when income is lower then expenses.

Clearly pvpers could not sustain DF as a whole.

Every game developer is looking for a way to make money, not just have enough to sustain their project and definitely not loosing money.

Because this is not two different games it is one game.

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Hancakes

Yes you are! You even admit it'll never happen, yet you keep spamming the same old nonsense.

Secondly, posting on MMORPG.com isn't a right, its a privilege providing you follow the rules.

Troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[3] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[4]

Just my opinion.

Then those who discussed that sig, are who?

I pointed out that DFUW is pve game and deserve to have own pve server.

If it's a PVE game why does it need a PVE server? Instead we should all be demanding PVP servers right?

GW2 has some form of crafting in it, I guess GW2 is a crafting game that just happens to have PVE in it right? GW2 needs PVE servers because it's a crafting game...

Darkfall is as PVP as you get within the open world mmorpg genre space (with the possible exception of something like the Planetside franchise. That said pvp ties in with PVE/Crafting elements does not alter that fact.

Remember that bit from the FAQ? "Darkfall is THE PVP game".

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Mr_C

Sorry to burst your bubble but DF1 did not fail it is stil going. 

You forgot to add "abandoned by the devs and close to dead".

You forgot to add "because the release of the new version is coming".

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203

Since you people ask for this? here it go.

You, " pvp people " have never gave a reason why dfuw should not have pve server.

The only reason you gave is pve server will split population.

So, let's take it step by step.

PvP players claim, " we will never play on pve server ".

PvE players claim, " we will gladlly support dfuw if they give us pve server ".

So, how do you split pvp population? you only add more subs.

My gues is, you have a bad math problem.

It seams that with pve server, there is going to be a ton more people, supporting dfuw, which will give developers a chance, to make tons of $$$$$$$$..... And pvpers wont have to worry about people spying or blocking or etc.etc.etc.

PvE players would go on pve server and mind their own business, while pvp players would blast their own pvp server to pieces.

And that is the main point, no one will ever conflict with each other in game, just maybe on forums.

And dfuw will be able to hire more programers and sustain their project for both servers.

Adding a PVE server is only a good thing for DFUW.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

You, " pvp people " have never gave a reason why dfuw should not have pve server.

There's 36 pages of reasons why. 

• znaiikaznaiika Member Posts: 203
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

There's 36 pages of reasons why. 

Have you read throught those 36 pages?

Then you can name those reasons, yes? please do, I am eager to see them.

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Seems like the thread has run its course and the discussion is either going in circles now or just arguments.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.