Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Family like MMO

lexillexil ZeewoldePosts: 34Member

Heya,

I've been looking around here A LOT.. And I don't know any more so, I'm gonne ask you guys for help.

Long time ago I played Flyff with my best friend, we made a guild and it was GREAT fun.. All members were like a family, it was nice and kept me playing for years.

Then I tryed WoW (I still hate it),  All the hero type games..AO, Vindictus, Rose Online, Raiderz, Sword 2, PoTBS, etc.

It was fun for some days.. but now I'm looking for a good game, what's a good game in my opinion?

The one where:

1. Multiple things to do, crafting, hunting, housing, etc..

2. Kind of story ingame

3. Guild/Clan system with options and buffs for working together.

4. Good community.

5. IT JUST HAVE TO BE SOCIAL

I don't want a boring game neither.. It must be social and still have action in it, but also fun things to do to relax or have fun with others.

Hope you people can help me~! :)

If there are any questions, ask me.

Lex~!

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Stone Mountain, GAPosts: 13,666Member Uncommon

Wizard 101

EQ 2

Free Realms

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• KanylKanyl a cold placePosts: 246Member Uncommon

I would really recommend Everquest 2! I played on the Freeport server (but Antonica Bayle is also good) and was in a guild with some american players. I had a BLAST! Never before has a game felt so cozy, safe, fun and "family-like" as this one. If you find a really good guild, have a microphone and feel like exploring a HUGE world, then it is a game for you!

Another one is also Lord of the Rings Online, on Landroval server (if you are from US, because 90% is it). Maybe the best community out there with alot of Roleplay and events! Fun, fun, fun! 

• joojoo1975joojoo1975 centralia, ILPosts: 274Member Common

wizard 101 is mainly filled with youngsters.  but still a good game and Very Social(i couldn't play it anylonger as kids kept asking me where i live and what School i goto)

dammit i'm 37 yrs old 

To Protect The Helpless From The Heartless

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Talahasee, FLPosts: 2,556Member

Social?

Vanguard.

• lexillexil ZeewoldePosts: 34Member

From the looks of it, I'll just try EQ2..

I'm not from the US but I don't really mind playing on US servers... If they allow European people on

If there are any other ideas, please tell me :)

• KanylKanyl a cold placePosts: 246Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by lexil

I'm not from the US but I don't really mind playing on US servers... If they allow European people on

The game is now under 2 comapnies, but mainly SOE. The EU version is under the Prosieben Sat 1, which is a different client, but still the same game. I am not sure if you are able to choose EU and US on this client, but check it out. If not, then you have to make a decision, to choose between EU or US client.

I do like Americans, because they are more social and friendly than any other EU player I have met. BUT, the time difference is a HUGE problem! If I were you, I would pick EU client, play on EU servers and find a awesome guild! You should be able to find the same kind of people (tight-family-like) on the EU servers also. You just have too look, be patient and try out.

The game itself is very deep and can be hard or even very strange for new players. I hated Everquest 2 at the start, but after trying it the 4th time, I got hooked! Give it some hours and learn how the game works. Get used to everything and you will realize how great this game is! Have a nice ride! :)

• lexillexil ZeewoldePosts: 34Member
    Originally posted by Kanyl
    Originally posted by lexil

The game is now under 2 comapnies, but mainly SOE. The EU version is under the Prosieben Sat 1, which is a different client, but still the same game. I am not sure if you are able to choose EU and US on this client, but check it out. If not, then you have to make a decision, to choose between EU or US client.

I do like Americans, because they are more social and friendly than any other EU player I have met. BUT, the time difference is a HUGE problem! If I were you, I would pick EU client, play on EU servers and find a awesome guild! You should be able to find the same kind of people (tight-family-like) on the EU servers also. You just have too look, be patient and try out.

The game itself is very deep and can be hard or even very strange for new players. I hated Everquest 2 at the start, but after trying it the 4th time, I got hooked! Give it some hours and learn how the game works. Get used to everything and you will realize how great this game is! Have a nice ride! :)

Thanks mate :) I'll try the EU server for some time. If I can't find some family like guilds, I'll just try the US client if it's possible.

I'll try and push myself to play it for while to see I get the same result as you ^^