Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

3 weeks since they claimed that UW is "very playable"....

rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

...and 6 weeks 'til supposed launch.

Still no video.

I posted this on the official forums and it was promptly locked.

Anyone still think they're going to be playing UW on Nov. 20th?

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    probly see video next month its just the way av rolls
  • naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    theyre not allowed to reveal much of the game yet.. it's pretty obvious
  • LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    Same thing with original DF. They practically kept it secret until the launch

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    we'll get a gameplay promotional video about 3 weeks before launch, i.e. beginning of November.
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by rikilii

Yes, actually.

I know, I know.  It's Aventurine, we are used to them being months if not years late on well, everything.  But when you factor in that this new game started out as being "Darkfall 2010", they are a couple years late already, so actually I think they will release the game on time as promised.  if this was an independent company's very first MMO I would have said "no way", but Aventurine have actually been getting better and better of the past few years, so even though lack of even a closed invite beta makes me deeply nervous, I do have a little faith that it will be out on time.  

That said, I have faith.  But not so much as to be planning to take the day off to play Darkfall : Unholy Wars or anything rash ;p

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

Are you seriously? 

I know for a fact that they posted 20+ minutes of live gameplay video loaded on Youtube more than 5 months before launch.  They might have had more before that.  Now we're barely 5 weeks before launch.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

My take on this is Tasos is getting pressure to release unholy wars so he announces the release date to light a fire and put pressure on the dev team.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Badaboom

My take on this is Tasos is getting pressure to release unholy wars so he announces the release date to light a fire and put pressure on the dev team.

Not the old "fire" excuse again. ;)    (wildfires)

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

I like how they closed your post. LOL.

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=329019

Those mods over there close/delete to many good questions I think.

I agree.  Where is it?

Lets see Tasos and another DEV dueling.. imageimage

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Couple of my mates are from Greece, that wildfire thing a few years back was a bad business, lots of home burnt down, roads closed etc.. if adventurine were in the sane area that would have been detrimental to work.
  • stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Couple of my mates are from Greece, that wildfire thing a few years back was a bad business, lots of home burnt down, roads closed etc.. if adventurine were in the sane area that would have been detrimental to work.

Everything going on over there atm is pretty hard times.  I feel bad for them in general and wish them well.

• wartyxwtwartyxwt Member Posts: 172

I just hope it comes out full stop. The game has enourmous potential, I'd love to see some of it realized further. Whenever it comes out I will happily resub and play and find out what they actually did.

If anything the wipe means a great first week, and launch in the fray should be awesome.

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

Still no video.

Nope, never did.

• AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to go through the DF debacle TWICE?

• PresbytierPresbytier Member UncommonPosts: 424
    I just recently started looking into DUW, because the mechanics intrigued me. Unfortunately with so little catual information to go by and a game with no ingame footoge one moth before it is released I doubt I will bother with it. Did I also mention one of the worst website designs since 1999!

"Never pay more than 20 bucks for a computer game."-Guybrush Threepwood
    "I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me."-Hunter S. Thompson

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Originally posted by AwDiddums

Why on earth would anyone in their right mind want to go through the DF debacle TWICE?

For the reason it was not for everyone a big debacle ?

Ofcourse it was having its issues but i would rather play df in release state then rift or something like that!

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by Presbytier
    I just recently started looking into DUW, because the mechanics intrigued me. Unfortunately with so little catual information to go by and a game with no ingame footoge one moth before it is released I doubt I will bother with it. Did I also mention one of the worst website designs since 1999!

It's the same as the orginal DF, except prettier and various game mechanics are different.

Come on folks, this is pretty obvious stuff.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

they closed that thread as there are many other with people asking for more info and videos, you could have just posted in one of those really..

I do think we will get it when they say but we could do with more info and videos, hell there are games that are 2 years away from being ready that have more videos and information available lol :)

Still I loved the origional Darkfall so cant wait for this..

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Still no video.

It was locked because there were already a ton of open threads about it. 

They'll probably miss the release date by a 1 month window, just like they did the first time around. But a lack of video isn't exactly breaking news. There are about 3-4 videos showing Unholy Wars in bits and pieces, there just hasn't been a recent video. Darkfall 1 didn't release a video until VERY close to launch.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

What debacle exactly? It was one of the best MMOs of the last 7 years. One of the only ones that bothered to innovate. 

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

What debacle exactly? It was one of the best MMOs of the last 7 years. One of the only ones that bothered to innovate. 

Yea its so good that it has to shutdown already while most games are going after 10+ years.

Its so good that 90% of the players quit within 1 year.

So good that they had to pretend to start all over from scratch and rename an update to darkfall: unhly wars to pretend its a whole new game not expansion.

DF1 was nothing like promised. You could still have fun because it was a sandbox, but a low quality game as a whole.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Lobotomist

This ^^

Aventurine is the most unusual developer in the gaming industry.

They literally don't give a shit about Public Relations, but I have to say I kinda like them.

To answer the OP, I bought the original DF so I won't have to buy UW.

If you don't trust AV, wait for our reviews of the game, no need to build conspiracy theories (believe it or not, Aventurine is really that bad in PR).

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

Indi-company = they get around to crap when they have time.

Fullfilling player advertising demands has nothing to do with working on the game. In fact it distracts them from it. They've already said in the past that they do not have a specialized media/advertising team so us players have to suck it up and pick on the scraps they throw us.

If they don't leave their developer holes for the next 6 weeks and finally immerge on release day looking like cast away survivors I won't mind a bit as long as the game actually works.

You stay sassy!

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    Originally posted by khameleon

Originally posted by DavisFlight

Yea its so good that it has to shutdown already while most games are going after 10+ years.

Its so good that 90% of the players quit within 1 year.

So good that they had to pretend to start all over from scratch and rename an update to darkfall: unhly wars to pretend its a whole new game not expansion.

DF1 was nothing like promised. You could still have fun because it was a sandbox, but a low quality game as a whole.

They didnt have to shutdown, and I think more games out there need to create a new and improved game and shutdown their garbabe. SWTOR, WoW, hell just about every themepark is garbage and could stand to emulate AVs life cycle.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Yeah... its a bit fishy... kind of the 'we don't want to exposed how flawed it is' tactics that they use in other games where they limit what can be seen. SWTOR did the same thing practically till the very end, only giving glimses that were far more controlled by press that they knew would comment posatively on their work despite what the product was.