Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 soon gets tedious and boring

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by AshenTech
    Originally posted by Mannish
    Originally posted by Amjoco
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Swanea
    I agree.  My guild agreed before me.  Most of my friends lasted a few months longer in TOR than this....;

One of my life long friend who I told "It's going to be the pvp party of the year." bought it, and I BS you not, I don't think he played 3 days. We played everything together since kids. Not this time though.

Well some folks don't like some games and others do. It has been said many times before, but the thousands playing right now will not miss any of those that don't want to play anymore! 

And the thousands that are not playing anymore will not miss any of the ones still playing. Too many other mmos out there that are just better and with more to come.

the problem with gw2 is, that the players who arent playing anymore or claim they arent, come to the forums to insult those who like the game, or to BnM about the game not suiting their play styles....

this is the first game where I see this many people across this many forums QQing that the games not exectally what they want or expected....even WoW had less of this early on....tho they also had alot of BnM over ques and server stability and other bugs....

honestly if you dont like the game and want to quit, good for you, quit and play something else, just dont come tell people who like the game they are wrong for liking it.....

What I find interesting is that back during the BWEs, I had never seen a game get show much praise from a forum. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

What is the deal with so many MMO players?  All I heard about prior to GW2 was how great the game would be and how everyone was looking forward to it.  It releases and now it's a bad game and people are quitting.  It's the same story for every other MMO released in the last 5 years or more.  I would NEVER invest my money in the creation of a MMO -- the fans suck.  They don't know what they want, they change their opinions on a minute to minute basis, and they're quick to turn on companys they've followed for years. 

You know why many games fall short of expectations IMO?  It's because they have to focus on initial box sales -- they know the MMO players will tear them apart soon enough before moving on to the next victim.  That's why it's hype, hype, hype prior to release and so many unfinished features at launch.  Why bother finishing them when it will make no real difference in the end?  Six months after release, you are left with a small loyal following in most cases, and the major MMO herd has moved on no matter what you've given them.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    I agree.  My guild agreed before me.  Most of my friends lasted a few months longer in TOR than this....;

One of my life long friend who I told "It's going to be the pvp party of the year." bought it, and I BS you not, I don't think he played 3 days. We played everything together since kids. Not this time though.

Well some folks don't like some games and others do. It has been said many times before, but the thousands playing right now will not miss any of those that don't want to play anymore! 

And the thousands that are not playing anymore will not miss any of the ones still playing. Too many other mmos out there that are just better and with more to come.

the problem with gw2 is, that the players who arent playing anymore or claim they arent, come to the forums to insult those who like the game, or to BnM about the game not suiting their play styles....

this is the first game where I see this many people across this many forums QQing that the games not exectally what they want or expected....even WoW had less of this early on....tho they also had alot of BnM over ques and server stability and other bugs....

honestly if you dont like the game and want to quit, good for you, quit and play something else, just dont come tell people who like the game they are wrong for liking it.....

What I find interesting is that back during the BWEs, I had never seen a game get show much praise from a forum. 

Really? I thought it was about 50/50

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

What is the deal with so many MMO players?  All I heard about prior to GW2 was how great the game would be and how everyone was looking forward to it.  It releases and now it's a bad game and people are quitting.  It's the same story for every other MMO released in the last 5 years or more.  I would NEVER invest my money in the creation of a MMO -- the fans suck.  They don't know what they want, they change their opinions on a minute to minute basis, and they're quick to turn on companys they've followed for years. 

You know why many games fall short of expectations IMO?  It's because they have to focus on initial box sales -- they know the MMO players will tear them apart soon enough before moving on to the next victim.  That's why it's hype, hype, hype prior to release and so many unfinished features at launch.  Why bother finishing them when it will make no real difference in the end?  Six months after release, you are left with a small loyal following in most cases, and the major MMO herd has moved on no matter what you've given them.

It's not a bad game, just like Tera and TSW. Some folks just don't grasp some games and do others. There are still thousands of people playing GW2 and loving it. Coming to this forum is the same as becoming filled with pancreatic cancer for some folks, they just have to spread what they don't like.

I posted this video a couple nights ago when I started an alt. This is just one small part of the world of Tyria and still many, many people are enjoying the game.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• RyowulfRyowulf Member UncommonPosts: 664

You can't judge the game based on these forums, since for some reason GW2 really upsets some people.  I'd worry more about the game when the trolls stop posting "I quit GW2".

Look at the front page, GW2 seems to always have at least one thread active all the time.  Its pretty amazing.

Originally posted by Ryowulf

You can't judge the game based on these forums, since for some reason GW2 really upsets some people.  I'd worry more about the game when the trolls stop posting "I quit GW2".

Look at the front page, GW2 seems to always have at least one thread active all the time.  Its pretty amazing.

Agreed! I'm rotating through GW2, MoP, and Vanguard, and GW2 is always up against the ropes one way or another. No one posts negatives about many of the other games and of the 3 I'm currently involved with GW2 is superior. I have a level 73 Pandaren Monk in WoW and don't play it that much, so you can tell how watered down the leveling has become. I love the other 2, but they just aren't as good as GW2. This is my opinion though and if others don't agree they should just post on their forum of choice.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

Seeing you just joined, you missed the massive backlash of hate SWTOR went through.  This GW2 stuff is nothing in comparison.

• darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Member UncommonPosts: 1,237
    Originally posted by someforumguy
    Originally posted by RogueTroopa

The combat system isn't good. Too dam fiddly having to constantly use the right mouse button to turn yourself around. It breaks combat. Just plain annoying. Even the combat for each class gets tedious after awhile. For example firing a rifle being blown backwards is a good novelty but after a dozen or so times its irritating.

Breaks combat? You can run circles around mobs without ever breaking combat. Unless you use mouse to move forward during combat of course. Then you probably die all the time.

I think that the OP is annoyed by the combat difficulty and that prevents him from enjoying the rest of the game. Of course events will become tedious if you still can't fight well after some time.

My advice, learn to move using wasd keys otherwise you will never enjoy combat at higher lvl in GW2. Or a maybe controller? (never tried myself, Im used to wasd and mouse) Moving with just mouse will make you an easy target even for PVE mobs. And maybe try some different packs and weapons for your engineer if you are tired about that overcharged shot skill. It is actually a usefull skill to get rid of snares or move away from strong mobs.

Wait... you can move just with the mouse?

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by darkhalf357x

The combat system isn't good. Too dam fiddly having to constantly use the right mouse button to turn yourself around. It breaks combat. Just plain annoying. Even the combat for each class gets tedious after awhile. For example firing a rifle being blown backwards is a good novelty but after a dozen or so times its irritating.

Breaks combat? You can run circles around mobs without ever breaking combat. Unless you use mouse to move forward during combat of course. Then you probably die all the time.

I think that the OP is annoyed by the combat difficulty and that prevents him from enjoying the rest of the game. Of course events will become tedious if you still can't fight well after some time.

My advice, learn to move using wasd keys otherwise you will never enjoy combat at higher lvl in GW2. Or a maybe controller? (never tried myself, Im used to wasd and mouse) Moving with just mouse will make you an easy target even for PVE mobs. And maybe try some different packs and weapons for your engineer if you are tired about that overcharged shot skill. It is actually a usefull skill to get rid of snares or move away from strong mobs.

oh my. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Is this sarcasm? I use only the mouse to move. 

Is this sarcasm? I use only the mouse to move. 

I thought you had to use WASD to move and the mouse to look... didnt think you could move with the mouse alone.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

I thought you had to use WASD to move and the mouse to look... didnt think you could move with the mouse alone.

hold down both mouse buttons.. this is pretty standard with most MMOs

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749

I think part of the problem is that the game doesn't feel very rewarding for the effort and this  is especially so with the PvP.

P.S.  In response to a post made earlier by Mannish, we aren't going to miss you or the game either.  I have moved on to something better where I don't have to deal with bitter and irritating people like you.

Originally posted by Aerowyn

LOL, thanks Aerowyn :-)   I had to log on to try it to believe it.  Too awkward for me to even imagine it would work.

Learn something new everyday...

LOL, thanks Aerowyn :-)   I had to log on to try it to believe it.  Too awkward for me to even imagine it would work.

i only use it if i need to run around and type something at same time.. but autorun would work for that as well

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

Actually you can turn much faster using the mouse than wasd. It is something you need to train your brain to do, but I like it much better in PvP. 

• kcomfort001kcomfort001 Member Posts: 2

I pretty much agree with the OP but for me, its just the general direction that MMO's are taking... I strongly dislike the direction that all mmo's are seeming to go, its as if they are nickel and diming you to death and guild wars 2 is a perfect example of this.. sure there are no monthly subscriptions etc... but they fill your inventory up with a bunch of crap trying to get you to purchase keys etc..etc.. which essentially cost more to play.

Also my problem with guildwars two is the lack of abilities.. once you learn all the weapon skills you really don't have anything to look forward to through leveling up.. maybe a new zone or two but other than that its just kinda like whatever.

I haven't truly enjoyed an MMO since eq.. because everything that I loved about that game has been removed from all future games... everything is BOE or BOP has level ranges dying has no real penalty yet its still funny to see people cry about having to spend a few gold on repairs as if it was the end of the world...

They need to bring back some of the things I miss about playing early mmo's no boe , no bop, a real challenge.. make dying suck etc..etc.. sure these features aren't for everyone, but lets not attach the OP saying "MMO's" aren't for you when we were original mmo players and MMO's are completetly different today than they used to be..

I think MMO's need to go back to their roots, and stop implementing all the things world of warcraft did even though it has proven to be successful..  wow would have been successful no matter what they did just due to the huge amount of money they sunk into advertising.

Actually you can turn much faster using the mouse than wasd. It is something you need to train your brain to do, but I like it much better in PvP. 

didnt sound like he was saying turning with wasd just moving forward with the mouse.. think its pretty standard people use wasd for forward,backward, strafe left, strafe right and use mouse for turning

• JenosydeJenosyde Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I agree op! +1
  • SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

I gets terious, boring and TIRING!

Action combat and farming for your achievements and legendaries has got to be the worst thing ever.  Great for quick combat and PvP but for farming, horrible.  It makes me want to bot just to avoid getting carpel tunnel on my mouse hand.

• wowcloneswowclones Member Posts: 127
    lemme guess, this review comes after 140 hours of gameplay? get sick of these threads, "after level 60 there is nothing to do".   no one plays a "boring" game for that long.
  • SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Originally posted by wowclones
    lemme guess, this review comes after 140 hours of gameplay? get sick of these threads, "after level 60 there is nothing to do".   no one plays a "boring" game for that long.

Yeah except mmos are games you expect to play for years, not toss away like a single player game. 

yea seems a common theme on all games here..the i played 100+ hours now I'm bored to death threads.. i have never played a game i didn't enjoy for more than maybe 5 hours tops.. if a game can't at least spark some interest in me in the first couple hours I just don't find it worth playing.. but if I get over 100 hours in any game I feel im getting my moneys worth.. i dont need to play a game for 1000+ hours for it to be a great game.

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    I don't think its tedious or boring.And, I don't agree with any thing you wrote.Good day, sir.

+1.

Good Post OP, /golfclap

Originally posted by Sentime

Yeah except mmos are games you expect to play for years, not toss away like a single player game. 

says who? if i get 3-6months of enjoyment from one I feel it was well worth my time. Hell if I have a blast for a month it was worth it.. it's about the fun for me