Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

1.5 on the PTS

http://www.swtor.com/info/news/news-article/20121011

Game Update 1.5: HK-51 Activated is on Public Test Server!

<div formatted"="" id="node-316254"> image

Game Update 1.5 is now on the Public Test Server (PTS) bringing with it new missions and an exciting new companion:

• Get ready for an action-packed adventure to earn control of one of the galaxy’s most deadly assassins, HK-51. Submerged beneath the icy surface of Belsavis lies a derelict ship and those who are brave enough to venture through the wreckage will earn a powerful new ally, the ruthless assassination droid, HK-51! See the “HK-51 Revealed” video now.
  • Explore Section X, a previously untouched area of the prison world of Belsavis. The Dread Masters’ servants are searching for a powerful and ancient weapon. If they find what they are looking for they may overturn the war between the Empire and Republic. Journey to Section X and nullify the Dread Masters’ dangerous plot.
  • Travel to Denova to take on the Operation: Explosive Conflict – now with a Nightmare Mode! Teams who complete this new mode can earn the final pieces of the Dread Guard gear set.

For those of you that already have a character, we encourage you to explore Section X, the new missions, and features. Please give us your feedback by posting on the Public Test Server forum. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer the ability to copy characters for this test. Be sure to visit the Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Test Center to learn more.

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646

More missions, and instanced stuff.  HK51 didn't excite me even back to it's original announcement.  MMkay then, another patch of stuff that nobody was asking for in the many threads of how to improve SWTOR :/

The people still playing would enjoy this, but population isn't high enough to continue to support this game, and the stuff that would bring players back is always somehow missing from patch notes ... Boo EA.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    that was fast, it is an improvement of making content asap but its not what I've been asking for a thousand times. out of curiosity wonder when makeb will come out, 1.6?

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• tiefighter25tiefighter25 Member Posts: 937

I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content.

The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling.

[mod edit]

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    Originally posted by Senkensha

All of you guys who talk about how to be the big WoW killer and how the population isn't big enough, need to /stop/. Like yesterday.

Go take a gander at the game list on this site. Do you see 5 games in the list? Or do you see like 800+?

Maybe it's a good thing that we have mmo's that cater to different people with different tastes and maybe that's why this industry is so cool? If I wanted another WoW, I'd say so. I really don't though. If I want to play WoW, I'll go resub. I don't plan on it, but I do think it has it's corner of the market. I also think that Guild Wars 2 has it's place, and Aion, and The Secret World, and Tera, and so on and so forth. They all deserve a piece, and just because there's less than six-figure players does not equate to "bad game". It equates to people wanting too hard to have Call of Duty the MMO, which means you're completely missing the point.

Find what you like and play it. Stop trying to play what has the most people or wanting something to have more people than anything else. The Old Republic is more considerably a continuation of KoTOR, and the content only further stresses that. Take a hint folks.

Enough EA destroyed Mythic, EA destroyed Bioware, Activision destroyed Blizzard talk.  Sure, the company directions maybe changed a bit.  But in the end, it was the same staff backing the projects.  (For more, read as Mythic -> ToA, Bioware... being good at single player experiences still?, and Blizzard adding SPACE GOAT TRIANGLE MEN to their game pre-activision).  None of these games are bad, they just aren't YOUR game.

Why would you deem something you don't like to fail?  

So you enjoy playing mmos with 6 people?Why dont you try single players then.They are much more entertaining than playing a dead mmo.

MMos my friend are for many players.If a game is not good it looses player base and the game becomes boring.The main aspect  in mmos is the people if there is no population the game is not an mmo it's just a single player and gets boring fast.

So yeah it's not enough ea destroyed mythic,bioware etc etc.

They destroyed mmos so they need  either fix them so as people like them or be done once and for all.

Currently i bought xcom and im sure ill have much more fun than any crappy mmo out there.

All of you guys who talk about how to be the big WoW killer and how the population isn't big enough, need to /stop/. Like yesterday.

Go take a gander at the game list on this site. Do you see 5 games in the list? Or do you see like 800+?

Maybe it's a good thing that we have mmo's that cater to different people with different tastes and maybe that's why this industry is so cool? If I wanted another WoW, I'd say so. I really don't though. If I want to play WoW, I'll go resub. I don't plan on it, but I do think it has it's corner of the market. I also think that Guild Wars 2 has it's place, and Aion, and The Secret World, and Tera, and so on and so forth. They all deserve a piece, and just because there's less than six-figure players does not equate to "bad game". It equates to people wanting too hard to have Call of Duty the MMO, which means you're completely missing the point.

Find what you like and play it. Stop trying to play what has the most people or wanting something to have more people than anything else. The Old Republic is more considerably a continuation of KoTOR, and the content only further stresses that. Take a hint folks.

Enough EA destroyed Mythic, EA destroyed Bioware, Activision destroyed Blizzard talk.  Sure, the company directions maybe changed a bit.  But in the end, it was the same staff backing the projects.  (For more, read as Mythic -> ToA, Bioware... being good at single player experiences still?, and Blizzard adding SPACE GOAT TRIANGLE MEN to their game pre-activision).  None of these games are bad, they just aren't YOUR game.

SWTOR was very much like WoW though, and adding more tiered instanced content & more quests doesn't distinguish SWTOR enough from WoW.  I generally feel people want a Stars Wars game that feels more like Star Wars.  This has been beat to death, sure, but apparently the ideas people offered are not getting through to the folks in charge.

Nobody is asking for SWTOR to fail, but many, many are asking for it to be better and become a true Star Wars experience.  Exposing EA only helps to convey a message that gamers are not dumb and know what is going on.  If EA would stop treating gamers as just marketing numbers, they might focus on customer retention, and understand why many bought this game knowing well in advance that it had a subscription, but then suddenly dropped it like a hot potato.

Further content is great, sure, like what is mentioned for 1.5.  If, and when, EA starts focusing more on creating a true Star Wars experience, returning players would love all the extra stuff they missed out on.  But continually putting out more of the same (ala rehashing without new gameplay features), and releasing stuff that players didn't really ask for isn't going to bring them back with this patch.

Just my opinion.  Argue if you wish, but even after the 2nd merge player activity is still declining.  Maybe 1.6 will be amazing, but forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

would like the game if it was a bit more sandbox.

Less instances......SWG Bounthy Hunter missions......considering the fact that I see WOW as a semi arcade MMO themepark game....that game is even less themepark then SWTOR. :(

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• SenkenshaSenkensha Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Karteli

SWTOR was very much like WoW though, and adding more tiered instanced content & more quests doesn't distinguish SWTOR enough from WoW.  I generally feel people want a Stars Wars game that feels more like Star Wars.  This has been beat to death, sure, but apparently the ideas people offered are not getting through to the folks in charge.

Nobody is asking for SWTOR to fail, but many, many are asking for it to be better and become a true Star Wars experience.  Exposing EA only helps to convey a message that gamers are not dumb and know what is going on.  If EA would stop treating gamers as just marketing numbers, they might focus on customer retention, and understand why many bought this game knowing well in advance that it had a subscription, but then suddenly dropped it like a hot potato.

Further content is great, sure, like what is mentioned for 1.5.  If, and when, EA starts focusing more on creating a true Star Wars experience, returning players would love all the extra stuff they missed out on.  But continually putting out more of the same (ala rehashing without new gameplay features), and releasing stuff that players didn't really ask for isn't going to bring them back with this patch.

Just my opinion.  Argue if you wish, but even after the 2nd merge player activity is still declining.  Maybe 1.6 will be amazing, but forgive me if I don't hold my breath.

You haven't said a single thing regarding what kind of new changes you're suggesting for the game and are STILL comparing the game to WoW and other MMO's, which I don't understand.  Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

I'm not saying they couldn't make changes, but you haven't so much as mentioned one and still continue to compare the game to WoW.

You haven't said a single thing regarding what kind of new changes you're suggesting for the game and are STILL comparing the game to WoW and other MMO's, which I don't understand.  Sure, it's a themepark, does that make it like WoW?  If you expected a non-story driven game sandbox and you bought a Bioware title, you're just silly.

I'm not saying they couldn't make changes, but you haven't so much as mentioned one and still continue to compare the game to WoW.

I intentionally left details out only to offer a general comment to yours & to the OP earlier, without derailing this thread, as it relates specifically to 1.5.  Mentioning details would only cause a mess of ideas about what EA did right and/or wrong, IMO.

I typed out some reasons SWTOR is similar to WoW for discussion here, if you wish to dwell on the issues further:

BioWare is dead. Electronic Arts (EA) is all thats left :-(

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/367/view/forums/thread/366560/page/1

As to what SW fans wanted, it's all over this site, the official forums, everywhere.

Here is a good starting place for you, perhaps:

[Column] Star Wars: The Old Republic: SWG Features I’d Love to See in SWTOR

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/366916/page/1

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Pretty excited that they push updates as promised:)

Just found it today .

SWTOR dominates Game Developers Choice Online Awards

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Best Social Game - Draw Something
    Best Online Game Design - Star Wars: The Old Republic, Bioware Austin
    Best Community Relations - League of Legends
    Best Audio for an Online Game - Diablo III, Blizzard
    Best Online Visual Arts: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
    Online Innovation Award: Journey, thatgamecompany
    Audience Award: League of Legends, Riot
    Best Online Technology Award: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin
    Best Live Game Award: League of Legends, Riot
    Best New Online Game: Star Wars: The Old Republic, BioWare Austin

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

http://gdconlineawards.com/

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Just found it today .

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

With four wins, Star Wars: The Old Republic dominated the awards ceremony tonight, with League of Legends having three wins. Congratulations to all the winners, and all the nominees for being recognized for their hard work. It's not always easy trying to entertain the world, but these companies are obviously doing something right.

http://www.examiner.com/article/swtor-dominates-game-developers-choice-online-awards

I did argue recently that SWTOR artwork was an innovation, with the level of detail becoming enhanced when getting closer to objects, like an in-game computer screen.  The graphics engine was riddled with problems though, but for Artwork, I agree, SWTOR wins.  I'd also argue that they should have won audio / music as well .. hrmm :/

The others, game design, technology infrastructure, and best new online game .. erm .. who was allowed to vote? lol .. or is there compelling reasons for these awards to be given?

Your last link gives some descriptions of the categories, but it all seems very subjective when compared to other games, their design, technology, and which game was best (May 2010-present, according to rules of the awards, noted in http://gdconlineawards.com/)

Wanna make a new thread? This is an interesting topic.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

From everything that Bioware said about how long content took / will take to develop I think it reasinable to assume that 1.5 was in the works prior to the game being launched. Completion may have been planned before now of course but with the reduction is staffing it is also possible that it has been delayed - which would fit with the "suggestions" earlier in the year that these features were coming earlier.

The future is another matter. I think I remember Olsen talking a bout an 18+ month development so there may still be some things in the pipeline  - which may or may not see the light of day - but current projects are probably on hold. What happened with WAR, for example, there were lots of great plans which the team couldn't tell people about - as they hadn't been given the go-ahead.

The cost of the game and there only being "6 players on the servers" - an exaggeration of course - meaning less money than expected coming in means less future development. Borrow money to build a 100 room hotel and get a 50 room occupancy and you are not happy but you batton down; borrow money for a 1,000 room hotel and only get 50 room occupancy and its a different ball game entirely. And it is the same with a number of older games - although even DAoC came very close to closure. 

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Just found it today .

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously..  image

Originally posted by Phry

Just found it today .

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously..  image

It happened that developers were chosing awards :) I just mentioned it because I found it today. I guess developers appreciate what BioWare created, and I read this that way.  

Edit: So developers who create games do not have any legitimacy with the online gaming?

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Just found it today .

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

It happened that developers were chosing awards :) I just mentioned it because I found it today. I guess developers appreciate what BioWare created, and I read this that way.  

Edit: I appreciate the game too. This game was clearly created specially for me :).  I respect others opinions though, so please respect mine.

ooh .. this is not very prestigious then, since customers didn't vote.  It really boils down to "which" developers were invited,  which companies sponsered the event and, more to the point, which ones sent their reps out to vote (for themselves). lol.

Not saying this happened, but EA is all about marketing .. so I could see them spending a bundle (pocket change for them) to send their reps to this event.  A list of attendees might squelch this thought.

Just found it today .

And the winners are.....

Winners List:

Edit: I appreciate the game too. This game was clearly created specially for me :).  I respect others opinions though, so please respect mine.

ooh .. this is not very prestigious then, since customers didn't vote.  It really boils down to "which" developers were invited, and more to the point, which companies sponsered the event and which ones sent their reps out to vote (for themselves). lol.

Then accept it for what it is... developers (invited to judge) choice:)

It seems like there are some new info about HK-51 from PTS players

On Belsavis in the Frozen Lake area (Section X) , there is a huge crashed Imperial ship with a phase door and Imperial Fight Recordings scattered around. A player has confirmed that one of Heroic 2+ missions [The Fatality] leads you to HK. The next quest after that one is called [Assertion: Repairs Required]. This is where I assume the player has to gather the missing parts from across the galaxy.

From Red-Dwarf:

The locations you need to go after you've done the intro quests, which say they are heroic 2+ but can be soloed are:
    Outlaw's Den - Tatooine
    Endar Spire - Taris
    Jedi Temple - Coruscant
    Dark Temple - Dromund Kaas
    Ambria Fury - Hoth
    False Emperor flashpoint
    Maelstrom Prison - Hard Mode

I think this is for republic toon, not sure about imperial side. As you notice you will have to have Imperial toon at level which allows you to get to Taris.

Edit: other suggestion, pretty much the same except last step - might be empire side.

Here are the locations:
    1. Outlaw's Den, Tatooine
    2. Dark Temple, Dromund Kaas
    3. Endar Spire, Taris
    4. Ambria  Fury, Hoth
    5. Jedi Temple Ruin's, Coruscant.

The next two are Flashpoints.
    6. The False Emperor, either mode.
    7. The Foundry, final boss, Hard Mode only.

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

? Lol. The annual GDC's are pretty well known and regarded as pretty solid events, kinda weird to state them having little legitimacy or being meaningless.

To be fair though, the list of competitors weren't that impressive, seeing how also non-MMO online games were included. So, it's not that strange that SWTOR won in various departments.

Bottomline, if you want to criticize the awards, pick the right thing, something that has more meaning to it, else it just exposes your argument of being the product of some anti-SWTOR/BW grudge or something else petty like that :-) (I'm guessing that's the case here, but hey, only jumping into this discussion, only saw it pop up on the mainpage list)
  • Originally posted by Jonoku
    that was fast, it is an improvement of making content asap but its not what I've been asking for a thousand times. out of curiosity wonder when makeb will come out, 1.6?

doubt makeb will be in 1.6. it will likely be the new warzone:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

He said it in an interview that there will be new content every six weeks is that something you think the team can stick to?

Yeah, we’ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and you know, at least, you can’t sit here and say a year from now, everything that’s lined up, but I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that definitely for the next foreseeable future, we’ve got a lot of stuff to release on a regular pattern. Six weeks in fact. So we’ll see the Terror from Beyond, and then shortly after, probably HK-51, or something in the Belsavis area, and then the new warzone, something along those lines.

since they seemed to have both hk and the belsavis stuff in this upcoming patch, the war zone would likely be next

i dont think we will see makeb this year. following 1.4, it was stated they they were planning on 3 more patches by the end of the year, so that would  get us to 1.7(assuming they can keep the schedule). my guess for 1.7 would be a new flashpoint that has been briefly hinted at(assuming 1.6 is the warzone)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

This year has been exciting so far with three Game Updates. But before the end of the year, it’s our intention to have released another three Game Updates, starting with Terror From Beyond. This is in addition to moving to Free to Play. But I can say in all honesty, that our plans for 2013 are even bigger. Our team’s experience, improving tools and better production processes are allowing us to move faster in development than we ever have before. More exciting news to come!

• lucasdeislucasdeis Member Posts: 59

• ByntBynt Member Posts: 35

I missed this news, Thanks for sharing the 1.5 update!  This game is awesome and keeps getting better all the time! 

On my server, Prophecy of the Five, we had 6 instances of fleet on tuesday night, and I got into 12 pvp fights in an hour on Hoth while questing, loving the action lately!

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content.

The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling.

[mod edit]

Pretty much this.  I mean WoW releases a content patch on the average of 1 per every 9 months and if a struggling game like SWTOR cant even beat them, then its time to turn off the servers IMO.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Originally posted by Bynt

I missed this news, Thanks for sharing the 1.5 update!  This game is awesome and keeps getting better all the time! 

On my server, Prophecy of the Five, we had 6 instances of fleet on tuesday night, and I got into 12 pvp fights in an hour on Hoth while questing, loving the action lately!

I have never seen more than 2, or heard about more than 3 .. lol .. take a screenshot next time :-) .. 1500 people ... 6 instances, lol?

Originally posted by gaou
    Originally posted by Jonoku

doubt makeb will be in 1.6. it will likely be the new warzone:

http://www.darthhater.com/articles/swtor-news/21321-gamescom-2012-interview-with-gabe-amatangelo

He said it in an interview that there will be new content every six weeks is that something you think the team can stick to?

Yeah, we’ve got a lot of stuff in the pipeline, and you know, at least, you can’t sit here and say a year from now, everything that’s lined up, but I can say with a pretty high level of confidence that definitely for the next foreseeable future, we’ve got a lot of stuff to release on a regular pattern. Six weeks in fact. So we’ll see the Terror from Beyond, and then shortly after, probably HK-51, or something in the Belsavis area, and then the new warzone, something along those lines.

since they seemed to have both hk and the belsavis stuff in this upcoming patch, the war zone would likely be next

i dont think we will see makeb this year. following 1.4, it was stated they they were planning on 3 more patches by the end of the year, so that would  get us to 1.7(assuming they can keep the schedule). my guess for 1.7 would be a new flashpoint that has been briefly hinted at(assuming 1.6 is the warzone)

http://www.swtor.com/blog/welcome-game-update-1.4-terror-beyond

This year has been exciting so far with three Game Updates. But before the end of the year, it’s our intention to have released another three Game Updates, starting with Terror From Beyond. This is in addition to moving to Free to Play. But I can say in all honesty, that our plans for 2013 are even bigger. Our team’s experience, improving tools and better production processes are allowing us to move faster in development than we ever have before. More exciting news to come!

Most likely new Warzone will be next and then or at the same time F2P. I sort of think that F2p will be released before Xmas. They were talking about remaking Ilum in January... but dunno. Makeb might come first.

Oh forgot about these space missions that were also leaked. It might be after Pvp warzone I guess.

NEW SPACE MISSIONS
    http://www.torhead.com/missions/catg/9

Ardis Outpost Fortification
    Baros Ambush
    Cha Raaba Assault
    Duma Strike
    Far Cradle Strike
    Hypori Escort
    Kabal Station Defense
    Kanz Minefield
    Lorta Escort
    New Cov Asteroid Field
    Operation Ardis Outpost Fortification
    Operation Baros Ambush
    Operation Cha Raaba Assault
    Operation Clean Sweep
    Operation Duma Strike
    Operation Far Cradle Strike
    Operation Foe-Smasher
    Operation Hypori Escort
    Operation Kabal Station Defense
    Operation Kanz Minefield
    Operation Lorta Escort
    Operation New Cov Asteroid Field
    Operation Regnant Station Assault
    Regnant Station Assault
    Space Combat: Ardis Outpost Fortification
    Space Combat: Baros Ambush
    Space Combat: Cha Raaba Assault
    Space Combat: Duma Strike
    Space Combat: Far Cradle Strike
    Space Combat: Hypori Escort
    Space Combat: Kabal Station Defense
    Space Combat: Kanz Minefield
    Space Combat: Lorta Escort
    Space Combat: New Cov Asteroid Field"
    Space Combat: Regnant Station Assault
    Space Combat: Thanium Disruption
    Thanium Disruption

NEW VANITY PETS

http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/8/page/1

Arctic Manka Lynx
    Black Womp Weasel
    Bloodhusk Lylek
    Blue-Speckled Gizka
    Brown Womp Weasel
    Desert Nekarr Cat
    Ebon-wing Flutterplume
    Fire-bellied Vrblet
    Flamehair Kowakian Monkey-lizard
    Forest Lizardbat
    Forest Nekarr Cat
    Gilded Flutterplume
    Golden Lizardbat
    Golden-skinned Vrblet
    Green-backed Vrblet
    Green-Spotted Gizka
    Ivory Mouse Horranth
    Jungle Manka Lynx
    Low Atmosphere Miniprobe
    Lunar Wriggler
    Lurker Blurrg
    Micro-Aggressor Droid
    Micro-Defender Droid
    Micro-Patroller Droid
    Mossy Mouse Horranth
    Mottled Blurrg
    Mountain Lizardbat
    Paradise Flutterplume
    Red-Backed Gizka
    Ruddyscale Kowakian Monkey-lizard
    Sablefur Kowakian Monkey-lizard
    Savanna Manka Lynx
    Shadow Nekarr Cat
    Slate Mouse Horranth
    Slateshard Lylek
    Speckled Blurrg
    Stellar Wriggler
    Sub-Zero Miniprobe
    Toxic Environment Miniprobe
    Tundra Nekarr Cat
    Venomcrest Lylek
    White Womp Weasel

NEW MOUNTS
    http://www.torhead.com/items/catg/4/subcatg/0

Ambassador's Meditation Hoverchair
    Avalanche Heavy Tank
    Desler Explorer
    Desler Nomad
    Diplomat's Meditation Hoverchair
    Dominator's Command Throne
    Overlord's Command Throne
    Praxon Aether
    Praxon Firaxa
    Praxon Trackmaster
    Shadow Hand's Command Throne
    Tirsa Champion
    Watchman's Meditation Hoverchair

I really want to see how this Avalanche Heavy Tank will look. LOL

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Originally posted by tiefighter25
    I'm happy for SWTOR's subscriber base that Bioware is finally begining to release new content. The fact that they have either been sitting or tinkering with the content since February is unsettling. http://www.torhead.com/guide/leak-1.3 Leaked Feb. 3rd 2012

Pretty much this. I mean WoW releases a content patch on the average of 1 per every 9 months and if a struggling game like SWTOR cant even beat them, then its time to turn off the servers IMO.

? Lol. Besides it meaning that in your eyes the majority of MMO's can easily be turned off (there are enough that can't equal WoW in content updates, even if they're doing it laid back), iirc BW has released other content updates over the past 9 months as well. It isn't on the level of a WoW, but not nearly as struggling as some here hope/wish for it to be.
  • aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,387
    Originally posted by smh_alot

It would probably have sounded better if it came from something people had actually heard of, or had some kind of legitimacy with the online gaming scene even.  i mean, game designers choice ?? seriously.. 

? Lol. The annual GDC's are pretty well known and regarded as pretty solid events, kinda weird to state them having little legitimacy or being meaningless.

To be fair though, the list of competitors weren't that impressive, seeing how also non-MMO online games were included. So, it's not that strange that SWTOR won in various departments.

Probably also might be because the cut-off deadline for 2012's award was before the release of TSW and GW2.

I think it if was after that, swtor would probably got blown out of the water in a few of the categories.