Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Would you support a web site focusing on how to make SWTOR better?

DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980

In reply to "would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?":

Would you support a  web site focusing on how to make SWTOR better?

The goal would be:

• Provide feedback of what you like and don't want to be changed
  • Explain what you don't like and how you would like it to be changed
  • Point at features you'd like to be added in game
  • Create polls with the main ideas to assess their popularity and try order them from most desired to less wanted.
  • Extract the most requested/discussed features from the official forums and invite SWTOR devs to discuss about them
  • Have player made contest on concept arts for gear, buldings, space ships, environments...
  • Run player made contest for 3d meshes and textures for gear (& have the winners entries submitted to BioWare for implementation in game)
  • Propose quest story or concepts for discussion

/discuss

Comments

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    I would absolutely support that type of site, wholeheartedly.
  • AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I have lost the motivation to help make it better, they havent been listening to what the players have to say on the official swtor website anyway.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• MorgarenMorgaren Member UncommonPosts: 397
    Unless you are a Bioware employee, or an EA employee, your wasting your time.
  • KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by Deewe

In reply to "would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?":

Would you support a  web site focusing on how to make SWTOR better?

The goal would be:

• Provide feedback of what you like and don't want to be changed
    • Explain what you don't like and how you would like it to be changed
    • Point at features you'd like to be added in game
    • Create polls with the main ideas to assess their popularity and try order them from most desired to less wanted.
    • Extract the most requested/discussed features from the official forums and invite SWTOR devs to discuss about them
    • Have player made contest on concept arts for gear, buldings, space ships, environments...
    • Run player made contest for 3d meshes and textures for gear (& have the winners entries submitted to BioWare for implementation in game)
    • Propose quest story or concepts for discussion

/discuss

For the same reasons as to why not to create an anti-EA site, I wouldn't value this much.  Not because your efforts are fruitless, but because EA won't notice.  They don't care why people don't like SWTOR, why would they care why people like it?

The highlighted portion might be interesting though for SW fans, even if EA never reads the winner submissions you send them :P.

As with the case of the other thread wanting to creating a site to expose EA, I'd say if you want to create it, go for it, and see what happens.  You don't need permission from anyone around here.

You can find all you need here though, or from other sites like DarthHater.  Creating a pro-EA/SWTOR site without all the negative discussion will have a limited niche though.  Generally, people want to discuss the pro's and the con's of everything, and if you only focus on the pro's and how the con's can get better, that is limiting, because not much discussion can be found without the negatives.  I'm not implying that is the focus of your proposed site.  If you do become more neutral, be prepared to moderate some really awful venting.  You'd have to continually monitor what people don't like versus what the people visiting the site want to hear.

In the end you either delete everything negative, or moderate heavily.  Finding people willing to actually discuss stuff without rude or trolling one-liners might be a task in itself.

Take my post with a grain of salt though, there is no definition to how to run a fan site.

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Yes, absolutely.
  • ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    No. And not because I'm a hater or anything. I feel that they won't listen to any feedback that is given. If won't listen to any of the feedback on their own forums to help make the game better, what is to make me believe that they will listen to anything anyone has to say on a fan site?
  • starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

they already have this its called darthhater site but the problem is you have "carebears" who are unrealistic and defend bad decisions and criticize people like myself who are real about the game and tell it like it is. Like my site idea i had making a site telling it like it is i think its to late for this as well.

If you want to see this how it would turn out go to darthhater.com its what your wanting to do but like i said its nothing but carebears who still even know defend the game lol.

They dont listen either way though. Look at some of the dev responses. It took george zoeller leaving for bounty hunters to get a dam interupt. That idiot despite 5000 page threads about a bounty hunter interupt went over georges head and only after his departure do they say the bh needs an interupt that was 6 months ago...

Gabe just now realized the disparity between gear sets lol.

What youll find is even if you could get the info to someone to make a positive game change your dealing with highly incompetent and slow reacting and sadly just stupid people.

Go see darthhater or darthcarebear i should say. The problem is these dam carebears who defend the garbage game as it is and think its awesome.

In order to get change you have to be realistic and beat the carebears to death and get over a hill of dead carebears lol.

good luck but 10 out of 10 swtor sites turn into pandering and carebear community and doing nothing but promoting how crappy it is and trying to make people believe its a good game still and all this. If your trying to get these retards at EA to understand im all for it what im not for is another darthhater site where everythings fine and this game is awesome and huge lies promoting a crappy game im not for that crap waste of webspace you ask me

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

they already have this its called darthhater site but the problem is you have "carebears" who are unrealistic and defend bad decisions and criticize people like myself who are real about the game and tell it like it is. Like my site idea i had making a site telling it like it is i think its to late for this as well.

If you want to see this how it would turn out go to darthhater.com its what your wanting to do but like i said its nothing but carebears who still even know defend the game lol.

They dont listen either way though. Look at some of the dev responses. It took george zoeller leaving for bounty hunters to get a dam interupt. That idiot despite 5000 page threads about a bounty hunter interupt went over georges head and only after his departure do they say the bh needs an interupt that was 6 months ago...

What youll find is even if you could get the info to someone to make a positive game change your dealing with highly incompetent and slow reacting and sadly just stupid people.

Go see darthhater or darthcarebear i should say. The problem is these dam carebears who defend the garbage game as it is and think its awesome.

In order to get change you have to be realistic and beat the carebears to death and get over a hill of dead carebears lol.

good luck but 10 out of 10 swtor sites turn into pandering and carebear community and doing nothing but promoting how crappy it is and trying to make people believe its a good game still and all this. If your trying to get these retards at EA to understand im all for it what im not for is another darthhater site where everythings fine and this game is awesome and huge lies promoting a crappy game im not for that crap waste of webspace you ask me

Cmon man. You know what darthater is right? It's a fan site. If you go to any fansite, you'll see its full of people that are....fans. You might as well go to the (insert random nfl team here) football teams site, and say that  team should be the Green Bay packers. You'll get flamed to hell and back lol.

• SuiMeSuiMe Member CommonPosts: 16
    Why would you bother. They didn't listen before, and they won't listen now.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    I have lost the motivation to help make it better, they havent been listening to what the players have to say on the official swtor website anyway.

Why would anyone listen to what people post on the official website? Heres a thread from the forums to prove my point lol.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535191

At launch I also saw "Game will fail if swimming not added", "Game will fail if space not changed"(I probably started a few of these lol), "Make it swg 2.0" "How come animal npc's don't deficate?" and etc. etc. I actually posted in the deficating animal npc one. Something about rancor poo acting as a root?

The problem with game forums, is the only time mmo players agree, is when they don't like something, but as soon as you ask for the alternative, they all have different answers and consensus is dead lol

Back on topic.

I wouldn't mind a site with the stated purpose of what people would like to see added. Unfortunately like others have probably stated, I don't know if it's really worth your time. Even if you did start a "I like TOR, and this site is about things we would like changed, or added" it would get bombarded by those same people that go out of their way to hate the game, or love the game.

I guess just like the boycott EA thread, it's really up too you on whether or not you want to put the effort into it. I'd post on the actual swtor forums if I could...

Originally posted by william0532
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

Cmon man. You know what darthater is right? It's a fan site. If you go to any fansite, you'll see its full of people that are....fans. You might as well go to the (insert random nfl team here) football teams site, and say that  team should be the Green Bay packers. You'll get flamed to hell and back lol.

its a bunch of carebears who are lying there butts off going oh this game is good and awesome and not bieng real about the game. If you cant disagree and have an honest debate your not going to change anything. My point in case. The other thing is justin on there is suposed friends with devs who from what i seen has lead to more hard core carebearness.

In order to make change you have to show the bad points of the issues at hand not hide the issue and say everythings fine here lets ride the carebear slide weeeeeeeeeee!!

imagine if swtor was a car dealership they would saying hey your cars fine you dont need oil changes or your belts changed every so often just drive to canada and all over the usa. Customer: My transmission fell out and my steering is not working whats going on? lol you see my point

• IG-88IG-88 Member UncommonPosts: 143
    No. Let it die and open the market for a new Star Wars MMO, preferably a sandbox style.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    If it was an official Bioware website, then yes, otherwise no, as any effort put into it would definitely be not only a wasted effort, but an entirely pointless one. Bioware/EA are extremely unlikely to take advice from people unasked, and unsolicited 'suggestions' are far more likely to find their way to a trash receptacle than somebodies in tray.image
  • VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,882

No, I wouldn't support it.

The discussion about it has to stay on SWTOR community websites, where it gets a larger audience.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

Theres been alot said. Its not like the cards arent on the table. They know what the problem is- so a website would be just some one beating a dead horse. Games have their idea , at first. Then when the game sucks they look to player feedback to make it better. Not vicea versa. THEIR beta was to test stability. Because 10000000 people told them what needed fixed in that game during beta ( Including myself ), but only after the crap hit the fan did they want to listen to what we said in the beginning.

No, the site would be useless. The damage is done. They know it.We know it.

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

EA/Bioware need to be open to listen to such feedback to start with, which currently they are not.

They have more or less just written the game off, and now just spoon feeding content that has already been done.

• VolenibbletsVolenibblets Member UncommonPosts: 246
    There is, it's called the SWTOR forums. People have been suggesting ways of making it better there since the beta. They listen, to a degree, make some subtle changes like movable UIs segments and then mosey on towards the end of what could have been a great game.  
  • SendenSenden Member UncommonPosts: 602
    If the website could influence the future of SWTOR absolutely.. sadly what the fans want will most likely differ from what EA want.  

the only way to get change is to create and generate 3 times the amount of negative PR it already has. Bieng positive goes nowhere. The official forums are a joke your not gonna get anywhere there its 60% carebears kissing butt and 40% people bitching about bugs.

They just won an award lol. Think about that this is what i mean. Their doing the same thing darth carebear and these other sites do everythings fine here come play lol. 

You need to show how many people have quit swtor and why. You have to create a huge embarrassing amount of negative PR. If you have the 2 million people that left showing why they quit and why they hate it theyll either go into PR mode and try to spin it or say its a blizzard spy whatever lol.

Overall in the in end its to little to late for a good/negative site as most have posted thier views.

All we can do is pray it dies soon sadly = /

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by william0532
    Originally posted by Jonoku

Why would anyone listen to what people post on the official website? Heres a thread from the forums to prove my point lol.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=535191

At launch I also saw "Game will fail if swimming not added", "Game will fail if space not changed"(I probably started a few of these lol), "Make it swg 2.0" "How come animal npc's don't deficate?" and etc. etc. I actually posted in the deficating animal npc one. Something about rancor poo acting as a root?

So wat your saying is, every post on the official website is pointless?(lul, nice sterotype) There have been lots of feedback on the website and bioware didn't listen or I should say EA since bioware is dead.If EA listened they wouldn't have lost so many players.Every game needs feedback, positive or negative.(Its that too late moment now)

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

Swtor was supposed to be the chosen one...

We all asked from Bioware, to test, polish, and put things that most MMOs already had...simple things...EA, or Bioware...did not listen...but  they listen really closely to the suits.

So i propose a site, for lawyers to advise EA, and what is left of Bioware, an exit strategy, the simplest one, sell the game to someone who can fix it, or shut it down, like SoE had to shut down SWG.

Goodnight....another game, giving shame to the Star Wars Saga, such an IP, should have overshadowed WoW's success...pathetic results are not acceptable.

Move along, this was not the Star Wars MMO we were looking for...

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• DeeweDeewe Member UncommonPosts: 1,980
    Originally posted by SuiMe
    Why would you bother. They didn't listen before, and they won't listen now.

Sadly, seems to me there's a consensus on the above post. Is there any hope left?

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    IMO let it die so it may be reborn a new.
  • defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by Averof

Swtor was supposed to be the chosen one...

We all asked from Bioware, to test, polish, and put things that most MMOs already had...simple things...EA, or Bioware...did not listen...but  they listen really closely to the suits.

So i propose a site, for lawyers to advise EA, and what is left of Bioware, an exit strategy, the simplest one, sell the game to someone who can fix it, or shut it down, like SoE had to shut down SWG.

Goodnight....another game, giving shame to the Star Wars Saga, such an IP, should have overshadowed WoW's success...pathetic results are not acceptable.

Move along, this was not the Star Wars MMO we were looking for...

SWG had decent subs to continue

LA shut down the SWG, GL said that didnt want SW fans to argue for which SW MMO is better

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN

If they had listened to the feedback in beta that was 99% make it sandbox and more like swg we wouldnt be here posting . When you have very incompetent and arrogant people telling you no were not going to do that give us feedback no were not going to do that you soon realize your dealing with people who want thier narrow minded version of the game and if you disagree go f yourself. Thats what needs to be understood

george zoeller and james ohlen did what they please and think its awesome and great well over 2 mill people disagreed.

Like i said there was a over 5000 page thread constantly about the bounty hunter interupt ok "5000" pages and george zoellers view meh the bh doesnt need it. So you have the majority of a community saying we want this and georege saying no. Well as soon as george left  what ya  know bh's are getting an interupt. Seriously this one of many examples of feedback bieng ignored.

The other thing is seeing james ohlen and others at gaming conventions going hey look we have a group finder and custom ui. Thats a standard feature and to them its considered content at a gaming convention?

All the feedback in the world is worthless to incompetent arrogant people who do as they please and expect you to think the same.