Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: New A Realm Reborn Screens

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelMMORPG.COM Staff Posts: 21,454 Epic

Square Enix has released several new screenshots from Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, the new iteration of Final Fantasy XIV that is set to be released later this fall. These in particular are from the new PS3 version of the game.  Check them all out in our Final Fantasy XIV screenshot gallery.

image


Comments

  • ZizouXZizouX Burbank, CAMember Posts: 670

    You should probably emphasize that these are screens from the PS3 version.

     

    That's why the action bars are like that.  Two completely different UIs.  One optimized for PS3 and the other industry standard for the PC.

     

    Edit:  Thank you for the PS3 clarification.

  • orbitxoorbitxo fort lauderdale, FLMember Posts: 1,797 Uncommon

    oh- n here i thought=wow! a cleaned up version pc uie and looks inovative and navigational!

     

    <.<

  • GoldenArrowGoldenArrow TurkuMember Posts: 1,182 Uncommon
    The PC version UI is insanely good compared to the old one.
  • guin10guin10 CMember Posts: 21

    These screens and the last screens in "screenshots" section are from FF XIV: A Realm Reborn, not FF XIV 1.0 but mmorpg team doesn't care. 

     

    They were fast to create a new board for Darkfall Unholy wars without gameplay videos or in-game screens (with UI). FF XIV: A Realm Reborn already has gameplay videos, in-game screens and doesn't have its own board. 

     

    Look at Metacritic, gametrailers, gamefaqs, gamespot, gamerankings, eurogamer, etc... FF XIV: A Realm Reborn already has its own board.

     

  • ZizouXZizouX Burbank, CAMember Posts: 670

    The great thing is that you have a choice of how you want to play the game.  You can use keyboard for PS3 or controller.  You can use controller for PC if you choose... heck you can even keep the old settings (current FFXIV setup) if you chose, though I don't know why you would.  

     

    I think it's a smart idea trying to keep everyone who has different preferences pleased.

     

  • drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALMember Posts: 1,749 Uncommon
    Oh,cool i was wondering what the crossbar for PS3 was going to look like. Nice
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member Posts: 312 Uncommon

    Are they

    1. still planning to have PS3 and PC players together?

    2. still planning on allowing UI mods?

    3. ready to convince tens of thousands of burned customers that its worth a second try?

  • drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALMember Posts: 1,749 Uncommon
    1. Yes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   2. Yes                                                                                                                                                                                                                                3. I hope so                                                                                      
  • darkhalf357xdarkhalf357x Brooklyn, NYMember Posts: 1,178 Uncommon
    Interested but reserved.  What is the combat and gameplay like?  Heard it will have quest hubs (ok for me) but would need other things to do than running quests.  Also want to see how crafting is.

    image
  • WizardryWizardry Ontario, CanadaMember Posts: 11,156 Rare

    It might have changed by now ,but last i heard the PS3 version was only using 720 and not the 1080p.So the PC version will probably look a bit better.

    I know the PC version does look good,Square even in FFXI had good detail albeit low res on textures and items/creatures.

    They were criticized for rehashing terrain,but that surprised me becuase EVERY single game on th emarket does that,i guess the ywere jus texpecting FFXIV to be far and above everyone else,not really fair expectations.

    Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

  • Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Member Posts: 3,055 Uncommon
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    The PC version UI is insanely good compared to the old one.

    That's not saying much though, seeing that the previous one was utter crap.

    image

    Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SilokSilok Mascouche, QCMember Posts: 732 Uncommon
    Originally posted by guin10
    These screens and the last screens in "screenshots" section are from FF XIV: A Realm Reborn, not FF XIV 1.0 but mmorpg team doesn't care.    They were fast to create a new board for Darkfall Unholy wars without gameplay videos or in-game screens (with UI). FF XIV: A Realm Reborn already has gameplay videos, in-game screens and doesn't have its own board.    Look at Metacritic, gametrailers, gamefaqs, gamespot, gamerankings, eurogamer, etc... FF XIV: A Realm Reborn already has its own board.  

    I seriously i  dont know why... The team here create boards for many game who are even not mmorpg, but they refuse to create a new one for FF XIV: A Realm Reborn. And worse they dont even say a word about it... they are completly silent, when we ask about it.

    There is even a thread with 88 reply there : http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/446/view/forums/thread/361628/page/1

    who ask for a new board and no one on this staff didnt dared answer it. Seriously i ask why??

  • JasonosJasonos SosnowiecMember Posts: 21 Uncommon

    Please explan it to me, if i already own FF XiV 1.0 do i have to buy again Realm Reborn ?

     

    Regards

  • xausxaus HullMember Posts: 34
    For pc users who had an account for the old FFXIV you will be able to download this new FFXIV ARR. But for PS3 you will need to buy the game of course. My question is will i be able to one day play on my pc and another day play on my PS3 with the same account and char?
  • SilokSilok Mascouche, QCMember Posts: 732 Uncommon

    Originally posted by Holgrum

    Please explan it to me, if i already own FF XiV 1.0 do i have to buy again Realm Reborn ?   Regards If you already have a FFXVI account, you dont have too,  and you will have a free trial too, but like Xaus said, if you want to play on PS3, you will need the physical disks, so you will need to buy them.

    Originally posted by xaus
    For pc users who had an account for the old FFXIV you will be able to download this new FFXIV ARR. But for PS3 you will need to buy the game of course. My question is will i be able to one day play on my pc and another day play on my PS3 with the same account and char?

    Yes i think can use your account on PS3 and on PC. Dont see why not.

  • drivendawndrivendawn montgomery, ALMember Posts: 1,749 Uncommon
    Xaus yes you will be able to play with same character on PC or PS3
  • daltaniousdaltanious waMember Posts: 2,282 Uncommon
    Originally posted by GoldenArrow
    The PC version UI is insanely good compared to the old one.

    Well the old one holds galaxy primate in bad ui. But for sure will try reborn version at some time.

  • XCmanXCman Lee''s Summit, MOMember Posts: 9
    However this UI will be available for the PC version as well when using a gamepad.
  • TweFojuTweFoju Saitama & Jakarta ( current )Member Posts: 1,082 Uncommon
    definitely going to buy FFXIV ARR for PS3, looks good so far, good job SE!

    So What Now?

  • MoeMoeKyunMoeMoeKyun Charleston, SCMember Posts: 75

    so i have this old CE installer disc i bought when it 1st came out... still has my account as well... do i have to buy a 2nd launch installer as well???

    hopefully i can try it before i pay anythin...

  • SilokSilok Mascouche, QCMember Posts: 732 Uncommon
    Originally posted by MoeMoeKyun
    so i have this old CE installer disc i bought when it 1st came out... still has my account as well... do i have to buy a 2nd launch installer as well??? hopefully i can try it before i pay anythin...

    read some thread above.........

Sign In or Register to comment.