Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No player housing? Why not?

12346»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Rift is getting it. Wildstar is launching with it. Gw2 has plans for it. Swtor has it and has plans to expand on it. Archeage and repopulation are launching with it. By the time tes comes out, it will be one of the few mmos that does not have some type of player housing. And that will be ironically sad.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Rift is getting it. Wildstar is launching with it. Gw2 has plans for it. Swtor has it and has plans to expand on it. Archeage and repopulation are launching with it. By the time tes comes out, it will be one of the few mmos that does not have some type of player housing. And that will be ironically sad.

Yes.

• MercArcherMercArcher Member Posts: 57
    Originally posted by Entinerint
    Originally posted by MercArcher

I personally am GLAD that there is no player housing. Player housing is a large development undertaking for such a small impact on the game. Wasting large amounts of devlopment time for a feature that is only requested by a very small minority, and has little to no impact on gameplay isn't a good idea. I would rather they focus on the actual gameplay elements and polishing those. If you want to play a bad version of the sims, then I suggest you just go play the sims.

There is also the fact that it decentralized where people go to idle at end game making the cities look more empty and the servers appear to be more dead than they actually are.

Player housing is a lose-lose for everyone in virtuall every aspect.

Yeah man, more options are terrible.  Making the game feel like a liveable world?  Blech!  No thank you!

/sarcasm

This game has 250 people on its team.  If they can't do some form of housing they are just be lazy.

Housing is a very large development undertaking. It shares very little with the rest of the game, and thus takes a large amount of time to code, especially for a company developing their own engine. I would prefer they spend those man hours to improve the rest of the game instead of adding a feature that would be barely used by the majority of people.

• EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Originally posted by Entinerint

I personally am GLAD that there is no player housing. Player housing is a large development undertaking for such a small impact on the game. Wasting large amounts of devlopment time for a feature that is only requested by a very small minority, and has little to no impact on gameplay isn't a good idea. I would rather they focus on the actual gameplay elements and polishing those. If you want to play a bad version of the sims, then I suggest you just go play the sims.

There is also the fact that it decentralized where people go to idle at end game making the cities look more empty and the servers appear to be more dead than they actually are.

Player housing is a lose-lose for everyone in virtuall every aspect.

Yeah man, more options are terrible.  Making the game feel like a liveable world?  Blech!  No thank you!

/sarcasm

This game has 250 people on its team.  If they can't do some form of housing they are just be lazy.

Housing is a very large development undertaking. It shares very little with the rest of the game, and thus takes a large amount of time to code, especially for a company developing their own engine. I would prefer they spend those man hours to improve the rest of the game instead of adding a feature that would be barely used by the majority of people.

Tell that to the 12-person Mortal Online team.  They somehow magically managed to get incredibly robust in-world housing into the game.

I guess it's hard if you're lazy and have no vision.

• 3-4thElf3-4thElf Member Posts: 489

The question is.. "Why no player housing?"

The answer is; this is a WoW clone. Sadly, WoW did not have housing. This game isn't worth following. So hopefully ZeniMax Online shuts it down.

a yo ho ho