Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Sells Same Exact Game Two Years In a Row (Again)

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/ea-blasted-selling-same-fifa-game-two-years-184754450.html

The boycott of EA as far as I am concerned is ongoing. It was never lifted. But some individuals apparently did not receive the memo.

M E M O R A N D U M 

• TO: You
  • FROM Gaming World
  • DATE: 11 OCT 2012
  • RE: Boycott of EA

S T O P buying EA games!

S T O P the EA abuse!

Do not enable this E.V.I.L. company!

###

It is a shame to think how many people missed the above memo and have been subjected to the abuses of this company. No single organization has effected more harm on the gaming community from its employees to its customers than EA. 

EA = EVIL (it is insists on reinforcing this through its continued abuses)

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

Comments

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

People will pay out their ass for anything, that's why we see people with iphone 4's, line up for hours to buy an iphone 5 the day it's released.

Humans in general are stupid and suckers for punishment.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

news@11

It´s a soccer game, what do you expect to change? The rules? Color of the playfield?

Another ridiculous attempt to company bashing.

• SenkenshaSenkensha Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

news@11

It´s a soccer game, what do you expect to change? The rules? Color of the playfield?

Oh god I absolutely love you for this post!  <3

Guys, for your info, sports games have new games every year for updates to rosters and what not.  This is old news.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by Senkensha

news@11

Guys, for your info, sports games have new games every year for updates to rosters and what not.  This is old news.

I'm not really into defending EA but EA has to pay the sports leagues to use real players.  It is financial suicide to release a game and provide free updates of roster changes but still have to pay the Sports leagues money.  At least thats how I think it works.  Maybe they could get away with it by offering sub model.

• SenkenshaSenkensha Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Originally posted by Badaboom

news@11

I'm not really into defending EA but EA has to pay the sports leagues to use real players.  It is financial suicide to release a game and provide free updates of roster changes but still have to pay the Sports leagues money.  At least thats how I think it works.  Maybe they could get away with it by offering sub model.

That's a really good idea, however if I see Madden Online on MMORPG.com, I think my head might pop.  Just sayin'.  :]

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Yeah, that's nuts. Boycott  worthy.

MAdden is still this ish though and so is fight night ;)

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

news@11

Well... company bashing seems to be THE e-sport for internet trolls. Maybe EA should make a sports game series out of it.

"Company Bashing 12" is the exact same game like "Company Bashing 13" ! They just changed the roster! Burn'em down! 

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

news@11

LOL. Wait until these people find out that madden 13 will not have Orcs and elves in it! EVIL EA!

As far as FIFA goes, I think you where expecting this?  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J70splfNlkA&feature=related

New sports games need, updated rosters, and updated playbooks. All the rest of the crap people cry about, well are here, in mmo forums. Madden and FIFA will sell well to people that actually want to just play the sports game with their teams players.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

This is the business model of all the major distributors. It isn't a news flash. It is the number 1 reason for the retardation of video gaming. The problem is that it isn't just the mega-corps that are retarded ... This "exact" copy of the previous version still sold over 4 million copies.

Who are the idiots I ask you? While you ponder the question please continue playing drastically new and different versions of Metal of Honor, Battlefield, NHL, Madden, Dead Space, Crysis, Sims games, Need for Speed, etc, etc, etc ... all created by game developer farms and exploitive contracts and post-release layoffs. A model for amazing originality!

Now talking about Activision is entirely different! Read the above but swap in Activision titles instead!

You stay sassy!

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495
    Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/ea-blasted-selling-same-fifa-game-two-years-184754450.html

The boycott of EA as far as I am concerned is ongoing. It was never lifted. But some individuals apparently did not receive the memo.

M E M O R A N D U M 

• FROM Gaming World

S T O P buying EA games!

S T O P the EA abuse!

###

It is a shame to think how many people missed the above memo and have been subjected to the abuses of this company. No single organization has effected more harm on the gaming community from its employees to its customers than EA. 

So you play the game on the Wii?

Wii owners, however, were miffed to find out that their version of the game is nearly identical to last year's model, FIFA 12. Taken from your own link.

Which is of course unfortunate to happen to Wii gamers, perhaps the tech is somewhat limited to produce the quality they are able to produce on other console's/pc's

Now with the other versions (pc/xbox/ps3) you already know the difference in gameplay, the tech is upgraded, the animations are upgraded, obviously the players are upgraded, those who don't play anymore, new players.

Thankfully most GAMERS play a game that is fun to them regardles the company, and if a GAMER doesn't like a game he/she will vote with his wallet.

Unfortunaly we have people like OP who seem to seek other things then having fun gaming.

• helthroshelthros Member UncommonPosts: 1,449

Do you guys even play FIFA? I've been playing FIFA since 93 - 13 is 10x better than 12 was. The movements and the passing is so much better and the implementation of clubs is by far the best they've done. The only thing they dropped the ball on was only being able to progress your pro online.

It sounds like it's an issue with Wii or Nintendo much more than it's an EA issue.

Other than that it's a much MUCH better game than the last. Stick to computer games and QQing about that, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about here and just flat out look stupid.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781

EA is the only company that makes a Hockey game.

They've cornered the market.

And as a hockey fan, I have no cnoice. 

I have to buy it.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by helthros

Do you guys even play FIFA? I've been playing FIFA since 93 - 13 is 10x better than 12 was. The movements and the passing is so much better and the implementation of clubs is by far the best they've done. The only thing they dropped the ball on was only being able to progress your pro online.

It sounds like it's an issue with Wii or Nintendo much more than it's an EA issue.

Other than that it's a much MUCH better game than the last. Stick to computer games and QQing about that, because you clearly have no idea what you're talking about here and just flat out look stupid.

It is only the Wii version.

• ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by helthros

Well, yeah, the article clearly states is a WII specific issue, so no matter what your experience with FIFA is, you are just off topic.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

news@11

In all fainess most games update their rosters online now :) You can do it daily if you like lol. You gotta put something else in there. lol.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959

Whahaha.... now that's what I call and uber quick easy cash grab.

- Update the player roster (probably less than an hour or two work for one employee).

- Move logo's around a bit, Change Fifa 12 to Fifa 13 (about 5 minutes work for one employee).

Sell for 50 bucks.

ROFL.

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Poor boy:(  What did this monsters from EA  to you??? Cmon say it, do not be afraid and share that ''abuse'' with us. Was that something like what Alliens do to people in spaceships?
  • GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

I HATE soccer so why would I even bother with FIFA 13? I stopped paying Madden (or any liscensed sports) games every year because they do not change that much (except for rosters) year to year.

EA is not  charity nor are the looking out for YOUR bottom line. They ARE trying to make a profit which means they WILL respond if people shy away from their product. I have been part of a "limited" boycott of EA but not because of their profit orientation. NO, I am not a fan of EA because I feel that they push unfinished and poorly made product on the public. In other words, I feel they have no feel for QUALITY of product they sell.  

Let's party like it is 1863!

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Yes. 

Maybe if the Wii didn't suck.  Damn EA for making the Wii suck. 

Continue the boycott!!

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546

Might as well boycott gaming in general then, since most stuff is rehashed anyway.

Protip: Judge games, not publishers.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

Might as well boycott gaming in general then, since most stuff is rehashed anyway.

Protip: Judge games, not publishers.

I judge publishers on their DLC shennanigans lol, I judge developers for crappy games.

• I worked in a Gamestop as a summer job about a decade ago. I remember the looks of shock and horror on people's faces when they tried to trade in their EA sport game to get some cash for the new version, and realized just how little they were going to get. I assume it's no different today. Those sports games depreciate faster than a new car.
  • StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

M E M O R A N D U M 

• FROM Gaming World

S T O P buying EA games!

S T O P the EA abuse!

###

You will be out there buying Sim City 5 next year no matter what you say or deny it.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Yea this could be something that was touched on even further back in the series of EA sports games...

Madden has recently had the biggest change to hit the series in over 10 years with the introduction of the new Infinity Engine. The sequential titles before Madden 13 always had minor updates as well that basically only amounted to updated rosters..

I didn't purchase a Madden game for about 2 years. Which is serious business from a fan who's put countless hours into franchines (season mode in Madden)..

EA, they are more and more disappointing every month.. It took alot for me to buy Madden 2013, EA hasn't really impressed me with most of their recent work on PC or Consoles..

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

news@11

That's somewhat true but the series Madden, FIFA, or even NBA Live are very accustomed to having very few updates between titles in the franchises.

I think most fans of EA sports games understand this, BUT at least in it's earlier years EA did actually strive to make their games better than the year before. It might not have been some glaring change but it was always something they redesigned and it was always highlighted within the games while playing.

This recent trend of their sports titles has really picked up in the last two years. They are definately getting lazy.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

This discussion has been closed.