Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Secret World: Joel Bylos On the State of the Game

2»

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

Dear Funcom, combat isnt the reason why your game failed.  It was your lack of endgame vision. 

I said it once (ok about 394 times to be exact) You can not out WoW with WoW style gameplay.  Find your own endgame style and make use of it.  GW2 did and they are enjoying the success.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• DreskestDreskest Member Posts: 69
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Dear Funcom, combat isnt the reason why your game failed.  It was your lack of endgame vision. 

I said it once (ok about 394 times to be exact) You can not out WoW with WoW style gameplay.  Find your own endgame style and make use of it.  GW2 did and they are enjoying the success.

LOL at GW2 having meaningful endgame. LMAO you're kidding right ?

The only reason imo why  GW2 is enjoying success currently ( who knows what will happen in a few months ) is because its business model (revamped F2P that forces players to spend at least $60 upfront) is very attractive to the huge train of cheapskates and freeloaders.

Other than that, GW2 is an extremely shallow and mediocre game that really has no lasting appeal.

• gwei1984gwei1984 Member UncommonPosts: 413

[mod edit]

OT:

Sounds great. Funcom really is doing good work despite the smaller group working on it.

Hodor!

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    Originally posted by Dreskest

The only reason imo why  GW2 is enjoying success currently ( who knows what will happen in a few months ) is because its business model (revamped F2P that forces players to spend at least $60 upfront) is very attractive to the huge train of cheapskates and freeloaders.

Other than that, GW2 is an extremely shallow and mediocre game that really has no lasting appeal.

After trying GW2 I completely agree. Meaningful endgame lol.

• YakCastYakCast Member Posts: 59

There are three major issues with this game tgat Funcom fails to see.

1.) This game should have been an open world sandbox and not story driven. It will end up like SWTOR that once you get to the end game and finish the story, there is nothing left to do. Then the game becomes pointless and not worth playing.

2.) They should have made this game FPS style combat. With the options to switch from 1st to 3rd person. This would have made end PVP really good and add replay value to the game.

3.) They would have had a bigger player base making this game F2P or B2P (Buy to Play). It's only a matter of time before the old model of the monthly sub gets dropped.

Yak Cast | MMO Podcast: http://www.yak.mmoSmackTalk.com
    Follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/yakmmosmacktalk
    Follow me on Facebook:http://www.facebook.com/YakCast

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    4 ) needs more to do at endgame than grind dungeons.

E.g. cabal housing & leveling features
    Much better pvp that stands against 2012 oposition (gw2 / ps2) rather than 2011 (rift / swtor)
    Crafting worth doing once at end game
  • KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    Originally posted by Dreskest

The pve front is the same as all other themeparks. The pvp however is were it has its legs. Not sure about wvw although its still super full, but spvp is something many folks enjoy. I know that many in these forums don't understand the appeal of it because they prefer OWPvP, which I understand. But there is a huge crowd(just look at COD, LoL, ect.) that enjoys that type of pvp a lot. Right now they can only go up with there spvp and its in a very good state for this stage of the game. Its always been one of their top priorities cause they understand there are tons of folks who love that style of pvp.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855
    Deleted- Didn't wish to derail thread.