Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you feel lied to, by Bioware/EA over SWTOR in some manner?

124»

Comments

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

Epic storylines, less than mediocre gameplay.

I didn't feel lied to. I knew I was buying story and weak gameplay when I made my purchase, That's how all bioware games are like

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

Not feeling I was lied to...

Tho I'm still sad and dissapointed when I look at the game... It could've been SO MUCH MORE, but as usual €A destroyed that train as well...

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• TuchakaTuchaka Member UncommonPosts: 468

I was one who was riding the hype wave with swtor , i didn't think it would be perfect or anything nuts like that but i did expect it to do well. So ya am i dissapointed of course, but lied to me not at all. All gaming companies engage in what I would corporate 'spin' so while there were statements made by dev's i think in plain english turned out to be BS*, every single game company does this its cause millions of dollars are on the line i mean duh.....its like being mad when a politician lies to you .....hell0 they lie for a living its their job. I mean what's next people getting mad cause water is wet.

As a consumer i don't owe any company jack i can leave anytime if i payed for some super long subscription period, or I pre-ordered that is my problem as a consumer there are always companies out there that are less than honest in their marketing but guess what i get to boycott them if i want, there is nothing being forced. So do i think anyone at bioware owe's me an apology hell no they are the ones that are gonna get fired and loose money over swtor.

* in particular I think all the this game will have exploration and sandbox elements to it, turned out to be BS in my mind a few datacrons here and there does not make a sandbox that was just spin to try and get the 'we wan't a sandbox MMO' crowd to give their game a shot. It's one quest hub to the next just like wow except this one has voice. It couldn't be anymore themepark if it tried to be.

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

No. I do not feel lied to. The game was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be based on what Bioware said it was all along. I think most of the people who feel 'lied' to are only feeling that way because they built up entirely false and unreasonable expectations for the game and thought it to be something it was never in any way going to be.

Bioware was fairly straight-forward with people about what they were doing with this title and they delivered basically everything promised. They never promised a sandbox. They never promised huge open space exploration. They never promised to totally change combat or group dynamics. THEY NEVER PROMISED SWG2. Quite the contrary in fact. Bioware never promised any of the things that people, for some strange reason, expected them to deliver.

It is the deranged would-be fans' faults for not paying attention to what the game was actually intended to be and expecting something completely different.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Lied to no let down on an epic scale very much so. I miss SWG for many reasons any stage of it. (CU/NGE) GO GO SWGEMU

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469
    Originally posted by vonryan123
    Lied to no let down on an epic scale very much so. I miss SWG for many reasons any stage of it. (CU/NGE) GO GO SWGEMU

im really interested to start play from scratch in SWGEMU but since servers will be private afraid that the new effort will go away easy, since private means i close it any time i want.

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418
    Originally posted by defector1968
    Originally posted by vonryan123

im really interested to start play from scratch in SWGEMU but since servers will be private afraid that the new effort will go away easy, since private means i close it any time i want.

Its about done tbh and as for closed? nah if they were going to close it they would have a long time ago. Way to many people would be willing to fund it and already have myself included. I do understand the fear though and at the same time free/private or not they shut SWG down in the 1st place so you run the risk either way.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Here is a lie:

Below is a quote from Bioware's Damion Schubert a short while prior to launch discussing how SWTOR was somewhere between a themepark and a sandbox:

"Freedom is a true part of the magic of MMOs, and artificial constraints and mechanics can undermine the fiction and the sense that you are living in the virtual world – and when you have a brand as rich and textured as Star Wars™, the last thing you want to do is undermine it. Even worse, the depth and visual splendor of Star Wars™: The Old Republic would be completely lost if players couldn’t jump off the rails and just live in the space from time to time. I’ve long advocated that moderation is the way to go, and I believe on The Old Republic we are successfully travelling a middle path, a centrist path that takes the strengths of both: provide a directed and balanced game experience inside a lush, free-form Star Wars world."

• KyngBillsKyngBills Member UncommonPosts: 452
    Originally posted by RefMinor

Here is a lie:

Below is a quote from Bioware's Damion Schubert a short while prior to launch discussing how SWTOR was somewhere between a themepark and a sandbox:

"Freedom is a true part of the magic of MMOs, and artificial constraints and mechanics can undermine the fiction and the sense that you are living in the virtual world – and when you have a brand as rich and textured as Star Wars™, the last thing you want to do is undermine it. Even worse, the depth and visual splendor of Star Wars™: The Old Republic would be completely lost if players couldn’t jump off the rails and just live in the space from time to time. I’ve long advocated that moderation is the way to go, and I believe on The Old Republic we are successfully travelling a middle path, a centrist path that takes the strengths of both: provide a directed and balanced game experience inside a lush, free-form Star Wars world."

Oh boy!!!...What Game was he describing again?...lol

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    No I don't feel that I was lied to. I do feel that I was cheated on the price of the game. It wasn't worth $5.00.

i dont know how you value your time but if i get 40 + hrs out of a game i feel i got my monies worth.

I dont mind spending a few bucks to buy a game even if i dont end up liking it-chances are i liked it when i bought it at least for awhile.

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251

Disappointed yes! Lied too? No, not at all. Maybe over the collectors vendor and VIP lounge, but thats all interpretation. The game delivered on what Bioware promised, I just was sold on their opinions and in all reality when I started playing I reverted to my predjudice of wanting SWG 2.0(I know that's my fault, but I can't help it, I want the rebirth of swg). They gave us what they thought we wanted, it happens. My old lady talks me into eating crap I don't want all the time. She doesn't lie to me, but her opinion is infectious to the point that I convince myself that maybe this time sushi won't make me puke.

-Edit(yes I eat crap lol, just figured I would post this before someone else did)

• nate1980nate1980 Member UncommonPosts: 2,063
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

if so, what you feel was a lie told by them regarding SWTOR?

The claim that each class will have hundreds of hours of unique content to explore. The truth is that only the class quests were unique, while everything else was shared among all the classes.

• daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381
    Originally posted by MMOExposed

if so, what you feel was a lie told by them regarding SWTOR?

In which sense? Swtor is my dream game. Before maybe few days before release was not even in my radar ... then decided to buy and could not be more happy. Enjoyed as nearly all Bioware games.

• MnemnosyneMnemnosyne Member UncommonPosts: 8

Yep.  They said they were making a story-focused MMO.  The story was ok at release.  Then 6 months went by and I saw what they were really focusing on.  Raids.  Dungeons.  Not a single addition to story.  No same-sex companion romances, which they promised before release (they still haven't added those, have they?)

So the main things I feel they lied about was that they were focusing on a story-based MMO: their patch record shows this is clearly lies since they haven't updated the main class storylines in nearly a year since release.

The other primary thing that bothers me is the lack of same-sex romances.  They promised to patch those in soon, then they never mentioned it again in six months.  No ETA, no news, and to my knowledge they still haven't patched them in.

I'm ashamed I stayed subscribed as long as I did waiting for these things.  I honestly should have cancelled my subscription the moment they announced their first patch content and it contained nothing of value.  At the time I was enjoying the class storyline still though, and figured I'd give them a little more time.

• athcoreathcore Member UncommonPosts: 4

pvp in this game is a lie, bioware/ea doesn't care how end who will play this game , what is important - amount of cash that player will give them, eden for cheaters etc ...