Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any word on how GW2 is selling lately?

PaddyspubPaddyspub Member Posts: 104
I'm curious on how sales of GW2 are going the last several days. Since the game is not P2P,  can't really ask on subs numbers or what not but  so far people are claiming that GW2's pop is dropping like a rock according to Xfire.  (Find this a bit hard to beleive that a game with much better, graphics, sound, voice, gameplay, features, etc than say, SWTOR, would be in the same boat.   I think SWTOR is 1000X better than SWTOR.   Now, this is all just my 2 cents but  I will still be probably be playing it a few months from now at least.

Tbe Repopulation will be what SWTOR shouldve been.

Comments

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Don't know but the servers are all full.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I play on EU servers mostly and i have seen 6 or 7 servers on medium status for quite some time now. I haven't checked how is it on US servers. 

Very few MMOS get a huge drop out in first month. Two worst drop outs were AOC and WAR but that was no surprise. So it is still too soon to tell.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

probably wont be hearing much until early November and early February

- when ncsoft respectively announces the Q3 and Q4 financial reports

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,455

Whether I play my level 80 warrior main or any of my elementalist, ranger, engineer or thief alts, areas are still full of people all day and night. Newbie areas, no matter the race, are very active, you can't walk a long distance without encoutering a lot of newbies.

That's a good enough sign that the game is doing well.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• PaRoXiTiCPaRoXiTiC Member UncommonPosts: 603
    Northern Shiverpeaks always has a WvWvW que whether it be 5 or 30 mins. Also, sPvP is always packed. I assume there are a lot more out in the world exploring and leveling.
  • Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Paddyspub
    I'm curious on how sales of GW2 are going the last several days. Since the game is not P2P,  can't really ask on subs numbers or what not but  so far people are claiming that GW2's pop is dropping like a rock according to Xfire.  (Find this a bit hard to beleive that a game with much better, graphics, sound, voice, gameplay, features, etc than say, SWTOR, would be in the same boat.   I think SWTOR is 1000X better than SWTOR.   Now, this is all just my 2 cents but  I will still be probably be playing it a few months from now at least.

So....mathetically, you are saying:

SWTOR = SWTOR * 1000

The only value of SWTOR that this equation works for is 0.

So you are saying that SWTOR = 0.

Pretty strong statement, I don't completely disagree, but still lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• MeowheadMeowhead Member UncommonPosts: 3,716
    Originally posted by Creslin321

SWTOR = SWTOR * 1000

Untrue!  There's another value for SWTOR where that equation works.

... pretend that number is sideways.

Anyway, the other possible value for SWTOR is infinity.  Which is the sort of game rating score I'd usually see associated with people suggesting there were possible payoffs from the publisher. :D

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Meowhead

SWTOR = SWTOR * 1000

Anyway, the other possible value for SWTOR is infinity.  Which is the sort of game rating score I'd usually see associated with people suggesting there were possible payoffs from the publisher. :D

Very true!

So SWTOR is either nothing or...everything lol :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

GW2 is still the #8 and #9 top selling PC game on the Amazon US sales charts. (Digital and Physical). Since the sales are split between the two versions on the chart, it's hard to know how high the game would rate overall if they were combined, but it's still a very positive sign.

Amazon Top 100 PC games

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• jacklojacklo Member Posts: 570

Hours played according to XFire are dropping, but not as heavily over the last few weeks. It's still steady at number 5 in the charts, above Minecraft, where it has been for the last few weeks.

Queues have gotten shorter this week in WvWvW but I think they may have allowed more in since the patch and that might be related to the invisible players problem.

There's still a lot of players around though even in the early hours of the morning - 3am onwards.

• RamanadjinnRamanadjinn Member UncommonPosts: 1,365

SWTOR = SWTOR * 1000

Very true!

i'm not so sure all infinities are equal.  I seem to recall from one of my math classes a fellow named Cantor who did not think so and gained some acclaim.

i'm no expert though, but i wouldn't be so quick to include SWTOR = infinity as a possibility.

anyways, out of the hundred or so in my guild we haven't had anyone just absolutely quit.  many of our players have much lower playtimes and a few only log in on the weekends at times or for the WvW reset.

our total guild playtime is probably 1/10 what it was release week but who would have ever thought playtime would stay the same over the months after release?

• botrytisbotrytis Member RarePosts: 3,363
    Originally posted by jacklo

Hours played according to XFire are dropping, but not as heavily over the last few weeks. It's still steady at number 5 in the charts, above Minecraft, where it has been for the last few weeks.

Queues have gotten shorter this week in WvWvW but I think they may have allowed more in since the patch and that might be related to the invisible players problem.

There's still a lot of players around though even in the early hours of the morning - 3am onwards.

As was discussed AD NAUSEUM, Xfire numbers don't mean diddly.

The game still seems packed to me - go to LA and always get booted to an overflow server.

• Caliburn101Caliburn101 Member Posts: 636

SWTOR = SWTOR * 1000

Very true!

I can only agree with this statement on the basis of an understanding of particle physics, where 99.999999999% of everything is in fact nothing.

On this basis - SW:TOR is 'solid'....

.... feel the force....

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Why does it matter if other people are playing? Is this some sort of peer pressure or does other people playing justify the fun you are having with a game?

As long as I am having a blast nothing gets in my way.
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Ugh let's not speak of SWTOR again, that game is junk and I had faith in Bioware due to the great titles before SWTOR, ME and DA. OK I blame EA, but damn SWTOR, and I'm a HUGE Star Wars fan since the 70's (yes I'm that old).

Back on topic, most US servers are full or high, 2-3 mediums. My server is still healthy, just gotta get rid of those damn bot trains now.

• AldersAlders Member RarePosts: 2,207
    Originally posted by IPolygon
    Why does it matter if other people are playing? Is this some sort of peer pressure or does other people playing justify the fun you are having with a game?

As long as I am having a blast nothing gets in my way.

Can't play an MMO without other people.

TOR tried that!

Couldn't resist.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,960

Population (or should i say concurent players) are down. Even I started playing ALSO other games allready (and damn there are so many awesome releases this month)

And this is only good. Because waiting in queue for WvW for 8 hours was bit ridicilous

• IPolygonIPolygon Member UncommonPosts: 707
    Originally posted by Alders

Originally posted by IPolygon
    Why does it matter if other people are playing? Is this some sort of peer pressure or does other people playing justify the fun you are having with a game?   As long as I am having a blast nothing gets in my way.

Can't play an MMO without other people.

TOR tried that!

Couldn't resist.

It is much easier to just logon to the game and see if you can find people. The number of boxes sold never tells anything about the number of concurrent users (which is much more interesting).
  • TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,112
    Most of my guild is splitting time between gw2 and TL2.
    SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,809

Slight update for NA retail sales.

https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/11/madden-borderlands-2-top-september-game-sales.aspx

http://nintendoeverything.com/101710/nintendo-responds-to-september-2012-npd-data-3ds-software-sales-up-89/#more-101710

As you can see from the NPD rankings Guild wars 2 was 5th in overall sales behind New Super Mario Bros 2.

Also, according to Nintendo's press releases NSMB2 sold 295,000. Which means that GW2 sold less than 295,000 in September at retail in North America.

Now if you want to point out that this doesnt include digital sales and is NA only then go right ahead.

• ClawzonClawzon Member UncommonPosts: 188

Heard that in Sweden gw2 are doin fine........ http://www.dataspelsbranschen.se/speltoppen.aspx  (Vecka 42=Week 42)

Not number ONE though......  wasn't it supposed to be??       Don't remember...... Atleast on the PC section??image

:)

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by Xiaoki

Slight update for NA retail sales.
    https://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2012/10/11/madden-borderlands-2-top-september-game-sales.aspx
    http://nintendoeverything.com/101710/nintendo-responds-to-september-2012-npd-data-3ds-software-sales-up-89/#more-101710
    As you can see from the NPD rankings Guild wars 2 was 5th in overall sales behind New Super Mario Bros 2.

according to Nintendo's press releases NSMB2 sold 295,000. Which means that GW2 sold less than 295,000 in September at retail in North America.

Now if you want to point out that this doesnt include digital sales and is NA only then go right ahead.

I guess many people are buying digital

because the same logic of less than 295k applies to WOW MOP launch sales too

1. Madden NFL 13 (360, PS3, Wii, PSV)
        2. Borderlands 2 (360, PS3, PC)**
        3. FIFA Soccer 13 (360, PS3, PSV, Wii, 3DS, PSP)
        4. New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS)
        5. Guild Wars 2 (PC)**
        6. NHL 13 (360, PS3)**
        7. World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria (PC)**

**(includes CE, GOTY editions, bundles, etc. but not those bundled with hardware)

• AZHokie54AZHokie54 Member UncommonPosts: 294
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    Don't know but the servers are all full.

Yeah, pretty  much this. Every server but one is at either High or Full every single night.

• Angier2758Angier2758 Member UncommonPosts: 1,026

High, full and 1 medium.

12 were full a little earlier.  This may be the game that destroys xfire's credibility.