Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with guild raid organizer..

So, little history. I've been in this guild since mid-WOTLK. We broke up for awhile, and I quit during cata. However the day I came back the guild leader PM'd me saying they'd reformed as another guild.

Well, while I've been away..Apperently a complete asshole has become a raid organizer..What do I mean by a complete asshole? He basically brings trade chat into guild chat. Someone has a complaint about something? "lawlz u butthurt?". He asks what item level you are when asking if you're 'ready to start raiding?" - Nothing else, not how much DPS you do, nothing. Just ilvl...Basically all the immature BS we join guilds to escape.

Now, I've brought this up with a few of the other high ranking members, the guild leader, generals, ect, and with my seniority and being decent friends with almost all the high ranking members I figure'd something would be done, but it seems nothing has.

I love this guild, for better or worse. some of my best memories are with these people and I don't want one douchenugget to bring it down.

Playing
Nothing
waiting for
The secret world
Played
WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Comments

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Is the guild big enough to start your own raid team?
  • MavekMavek Member Posts: 138
    Talk to him about it.  depending the the type of guild a raid organizer generally shouldnt be elitest and ask for ilvl.  I mean I havent played since wrath but isnt the point of a guild to help gear up the members to take on harder content? I generally joined guilds with people I got along with and when things went sour thats when things for te guild as a whole did too.
  • azrael466azrael466 Member Posts: 365
    No its pretty small; 15-16 people and even that might be an over estimation. That's actually one thing I like about it. It's small time, intimate, used to be friendly..

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played
    WoW, DCU online, star wars: the old republic, city of heroes, city of villains, everquest, plenty more I'm probably forgetting or aren't worth noting.

Originally posted by Mavek
    Talk to him about it.  depending the the type of guild it generally shouldnt be elitest to ask for ilvl.  I mean I havent played since wrath but isnt the point of a guild to help gear up the members to take on harder content? 

It's not asking for ilvl, as in a question. But its using solely ilvl to determine if you're 'raid ready', and everytime I try to talk to him or say ANYTHING about what he says all I get is "u butthurt?" or what amounts to 'stfu"

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

I don't see a lot of options here. You have voiced your concern, now you can either put up with it for a while in the hope that he will anger enough guild members and they will come to your side...

or do the thing you obviously don't want to do, move on.

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by azrael466

So, little history. I've been in this guild since mid-WOTLK. We broke up for awhile, and I quit during cata. However the day I came back the guild leader PM'd me saying they'd reformed as another guild.

Well, while I've been away..Apperently a complete asshole has become a raid organizer..What do I mean by a complete asshole? He basically brings trade chat into guild chat. Someone has a complaint about something? "lawlz u butthurt?". He asks what item level you are when asking if you're 'ready to start raiding?" - Nothing else, not how much DPS you do, nothing. Just ilvl...Basically all the immature BS we join guilds to escape.

Now, I've brought this up with a few of the other high ranking members, the guild leader, generals, ect, and with my seniority and being decent friends with almost all the high ranking members I figure'd something would be done, but it seems nothing has.

I love this guild, for better or worse. some of my best memories are with these people and I don't want one douchenugget to bring it down.

Hmmm, you complain that he draws things in from trade to guild chat, but that is just the way some people are, maybe he sees it as funny (maybe some of the others do as well) but it would seem that you don't? Would it also be worth pointing out that you have dragged your issue from in game to a public forum of people that have no real vested interest in it?

I would guess that the reason he is asking for the Ilvl when determining whether you are 'ready to start raiding' is that this is significant in determining whether you can get into a raid or not, i would assume (as i don't know) that they trust you know pretty well what you are doing in other ways and that they can determine your readiness in other ways through your actions in the raid itself.

It may just be me but it sounds a little like sour grapes for the most part, has this guy taken the role that you used to play within the guild at one time by any chance? Let's not also forget that he was already there (have no idea how long for) before you decided to return so he has been there when you haven't so that is probably why he is being cut some slack and there is also the point that you haven't mentioned whether he is actually any good at what he does? Does he put together a good team, does he lead well from the front, does he make sure everyone has what they need or is up to date on tactics etc, all of which i would think are a little more important than the odd annoying conversation.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.

Originally posted by Shadoed
    It may just be me but it sounds a little like sour grapes for the most part, has this guy taken the role that you used to play within the guild at one time by any chance? Let's not also forget that he was already there (have no idea how long for) before you decided to return so he has been there when you haven't so that is probably why he is being cut some slack and there is also the point that you haven't mentioned whether he is actually any good at what he does? Does he put together a good team, does he lead well from the front, does he make sure everyone has what they need or is up to date on tactics etc, all of which i would think are a little more important than the odd annoying conversation.

No, he hasn't taken any role I had. I'm a melee DPS and back up tank if one of our main tanks can't make it, he's a ranged DPS(I play a DK, he's a hunter). He's a raid organizer, I've always just need a raider as I never have time nor the will to be in a higher position. I play the game not to manage a guild.

Well, according to everyone else I've been there longer, rather they're counting the time I was away or not I don't know either. as for being there when I haven't, I find the wording slightly insulting - the guild broke up when I was a member, I quit the game, and it reformed while I was gone, It's not like I left or got kicked; but I do see what you're saying

As for the rest,we only really have one team, the guilds too small to have a second for anything but alt or duel-spec runs so he really didn't put anything together.

Leading, not really but he's also not the only one. He's an asshole who'll bitch or whine about 'not being good enough' but nothing else - How he even got in that position, I have no idea.

Tactics and such, yea but same with his leading he doesn't use it to help anyone so much as just whine about it.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Either bend over and take it, start a mutiny or leave the guild.
  • thexratedthexrated Member UncommonPosts: 1,368

"I've always just need a raider as I never have time nor the will to be in a higher position. I play the game not to manage a guild."

Sounds like the guild no longer is what it was before you left. I would suggest taking your friends and forming a new guild, or leaving and joining a proper guild. Your current approach is more likely to cause division, pointless drama and general unhappiness. Take a high road and politely leave.

"The person who experiences greatness must have a feeling for the myth he is in."

Originally posted by thexrated

"I've always just need a raider as I never have time nor the will to be in a higher position. I play the game not to manage a guild."

Sounds like the guild no longer is what it was before you left. I would suggest taking your friends and forming a new guild, or leaving and joining a proper guild. Your current approach is more likely to cause division, pointless drama and general unhappiness. Take a high road and politely leave.

Typo,I apologize.  Meant to say that I've always been a raider, rather than a leader or organizer.

Playing
    Nothing
    waiting for
    The secret world
    Played

• ShadoedShadoed Member UncommonPosts: 1,459
    Originally posted by azrael466

No, he hasn't taken any role I had. I'm a melee DPS and back up tank if one of our main tanks can't make it, he's a ranged DPS(I play a DK, he's a hunter). He's a raid organizer, I've always just need a raider as I never have time nor the will to be in a higher position. I play the game not to manage a guild.

Well, according to everyone else I've been there longer, rather they're counting the time I was away or not I don't know either. as for being there when I haven't, I find the wording slightly insulting - the guild broke up when I was a member, I quit the game, and it reformed while I was gone, It's not like I left or got kicked; but I do see what you're saying

As for the rest,we only really have one team, the guilds too small to have a second for anything but alt or duel-spec runs so he really didn't put anything together.

Leading, not really but he's also not the only one. He's an asshole who'll bitch or whine about 'not being good enough' but nothing else - How he even got in that position, I have no idea.

Tactics and such, yea but same with his leading he doesn't use it to help anyone so much as just whine about it.

No insult intended, just making the point that he was in the guild when you weren't around.

Reading your original post and this one it would seem he is the raid leader by default as no-one else has the time or inclination to do the job, so it is a little harsh to drag the guy down for doing a job that no-one else is willing to step up and take control of.

Again, you don't really say that the guy does a bad job and if i were to be perfectly blunt it is a little rich to talk about 'bitching and whining' given the thread.

I think as others have said there are few options, either accept the situation and make the best of it, leave and find a raid team with a leader you can get along with or form your own guild and raid team with anyone that will come with you.

It must be Thursday, i never could get the hang of Thursdays.