Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Guess I'm a pirate

ZetsueiZetsuei Dana, KYPosts: 252Member
So after they announced that the majority of us who use ad blocking addons are pirates, it seems they have taken the next step forward. I don't know if this is specific to myself, but I cannot access anything on the site now with my addon up. But if I disable said addon, the content is back. Guess they would rather block us if we don't whitelist their ads. So I guess I was stealing all the content the site provided. This is a sad day. I really do love this site and would donate for no ads, but its just a shame the site would go this route.

Comments

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Managing Editor Berea, OHPosts: 2,377MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Hi Zet,

I just tested this myself in Chrome and Firefox, but don't have any issue when I turn on an ad blocker add-on.  What blocker are you using?

• ToxxelToxxel Yakima, WAPosts: 1Member
    Always update filters.
  • mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,071Member Uncommon
    There was an article that I was showing some friends and gave them the link. No content displayed until they turned off their ad blocker. Personally never had a problem with this, but I don't use any ad blockers either.
  • gunthologygunthology new brunswick, NJPosts: 50Member
    i dont understand whats so bad about the ads..dont click on them simple. if its the pop up ones then yeah i understand. i have ad blocker 2 and white listed this site because the ads are not annoying..
  • PsychowPsychow SF Giants Territory, CAPosts: 1,784Member
    Originally posted by gunthology
    i dont understand whats so bad about the ads..dont click on them simple. if its the pop up ones then yeah i understand. i have ad blocker 2 and white listed this site because the ads are not annoying..

I think the only "bad" ads I've seen are the flashy ads (the ones that blink and flash while you are trying to read...ugg)  and I haven't seen any of them in a while.