Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things that depress me...

2»

Comments

• kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717
    Originally posted by moguy2
    Originally posted by kb4blu

Being 67 years old really depresses me.

Dood I applaud you! The way I drive and my lifestyle I just wont make it to 67! I guess that should depress me- but I really am now "ok" with the thought of dying. I am 40 btw.

Well I guess I should be glad I am still alive. 

I had pneumonia twice before I was 8 months old, I had the mumps and measles before I was 6. They had no vaccines for them when I was young.  I nearly died from a ruptured appendix when I was 12.  I survived the Vietnam War when I was in the army.  I got uremic poisoning from a blocked kidney when I was 24. I was treated in a military hospital and it took them 2 operations to finally repair it.

So I guess I really can't complain.

• PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    Originally posted by Hrimnir

1. No news/info of any kind, or even a confirmation that its going to be released of any new Everquest game.

2. Stargate franchise being dead.  Yes, i know its not MMO related.  But when Universe got canned i was ultra pissed.  [mod edit]

SGU being canceled was a travesty. Truely enjoyed the show. 

At least thay had the decency to actually have an ending, instead of just stopping the show.

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782

Things that depress me :

That 90% of the people who talk about Nietzsche shouldn't be allowed to talk about him .  People who can include Kurt Vonnegut, Tetsuya Takahashi, and Laura Kipnis (even though she does misquote him) :)

Where I live.

The people I am always surrounded by.

Being layed off for almost two weeks now and I still haven't received my last paycheck in the mail...........

FFXIV, TSW, Ryzom, the new FFXI, WoW, SWTOR.

The fact that Dark Fall Unholy Wars and FFXIV ARR will probably suck.

• Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    Originally posted by jdnewell
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    Girls that look like men depress me

Amen!

Are you kidding me? The best part of any fantasy story is when the princess inevitably disguises herself as a boy and teams up with a young hero who doesn't recognise she is a girl.

Things that depress me:

This is like if Julie Andrews was going to sing "Favorite things" but was having a bad day and changed the lyrics.

• dave6660dave6660 Member UncommonPosts: 2,699
    As long as there is whiskey, eight balls and hookers I will never be depressed.

“There are certain queer times and occasions in this strange mixed affair we call life when a man takes this whole universe for a vast practical joke, though the wit thereof he but dimly discerns, and more than suspects that the joke is at nobody's expense but his own.”
    -- Herman Melville

• ZorgoZorgo Member UncommonPosts: 2,254
    Originally posted by dave6660

I can think of several ways those 3 combined could end up being depressing.

Originally posted by dave6660

I can see the whiskey and hookers, but do you really need more than two of the other?

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by jdnewell
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    Girls that look like men depress me

Amen!

Men with boobs depress me....

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I'm waiting for EverQuest Next, too. And it has been confirmed several times that they are working on it. I think they said they would possibly reveal some info at the end of the year, but don't get your hopes up.

I know people can't stand SOE, but the way I see it...

I thought EQ1 was great. I thought EQ2 was great. I thought SWG was great. The only MMOs that I really enjoyed out of the countless I've played, my three favorites are all SOE games.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

1. No news/info of any kind, or even a confirmation that its going to be released of any new Everquest game.

2. Stargate franchise being dead.  Yes, i know its not MMO related.  But when Universe got canned i was ultra pissed.  [mod edit]

Just move on. There is no need of entertainment. I love the Stargate franchise too, but there are so many fun new tv show (Arrow, Last Resort, Homeland, dexter ....) and i don't really have time to miss it anyway.

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Pale_Fire
    The level of violence and social injustice in society depresses me.  I can tell you with certainty that nothing related to games finds itself in my top 100 of depressing items.

Bumped for truth and maturity.  (Hands a red rattle to the OP).

Seriously, the leukemia ward at the local children's hospital - now that's depressing.

People need to take a step back and see the forest for the frickin trees sometimes.

If you think i am actually depressed over these things than you have a pretty skewed view of humanity, or you spend too much time on the internet.

I have plenty of things in RL that i could be depressed about if i wanted.  For example i got a call earlier this week from a friend i've know for almost 20 years telling me that he had a seizure during a flight and resultingly discovered he has a tumor about the size of a racquetball in his brain.

It seems like 95% of the people responding in the thread realized the thread was made tongue in cheek, yet, some people apparently can't take off their "serious business" hat for a few minutes...

Originally posted by Magiknight

Things that depress me :

That 90% of the people who talk about Nietzsche shouldn't be allowed to talk about him .  People who can include Kurt Vonnegut, Tetsuya Takahashi, and Laura Kipnis (even though she does misquote him) :) 

Subtle dig there buddy.  Just FYI i did take multiple philsophy courses in college, as well as courses in informal and formal logic, and ethics, etc.  So i think i've retained the right to quote philosophers that i enjoy the work of...

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Comaf
    Originally posted by Pale_Fire
    The level of violence and social injustice in society depresses me.  I can tell you with certainty that nothing related to games finds itself in my top 100 of depressing items.

Bumped for truth and maturity.  (Hands a red rattle to the OP).

Seriously, the leukemia ward at the local children's hospital - now that's depressing.

People need to take a step back and see the forest for the frickin trees sometimes.

If you think i am actually depressed over these things than you have a pretty skewed view of humanity, or you spend too much time on the internet.

I have plenty of things in RL that i could be depressed about if i wanted.  For example i got a call earlier this week from a friend i've know for almost 20 years telling me that he had a seizure during a flight and resultingly discovered he has a tumor about the size of a racquetball in his brain.

It seems like 95% of the people responding in the thread realized the thread was made tongue in cheek, yet, some people apparently can't take off their "serious business" hat for a few minutes...

Originally posted by Magiknight

Things that depress me :

Subtle dig there buddy.  Just FYI i did take multiple philsophy courses in college, as well as courses in informal and formal logic, and ethics, etc.  So i think i've retained the right to quote philosophers that i enjoy the work of...

But.... I thought gaming forums were serious business. Theyre not? When the hell did this happen? Why didnt anybody tell me?

Now im depressed.

Gaming forums on the internet not being serious business anymore. That's what depresses me.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

It's 5 days before SoE Fan Faire, if there is new you'll hear it in 5 days.

But I have little hope for Everquest Next, I think it's going to be a cash shop game that won't be like EQ1.

• StoneRosesStoneRoses Member RarePosts: 1,771
    Depressed over video games?  I thought I read it all on these boards.
    MMORPGs aren't easy, You're just too PRO!
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Sicae
    Originally posted by aerinndis
    I know there hasn't been any recent news, but I thought Everquest Next had been confirmed for sure. I heard something about possible info at the end of the year, but who knows..

EQ next has been mentioned, but they dodge every question about it. Maybe we will hear more about it once planetside 2 has been released.

They have showed us concept art snd even a few screenshots. We know it will use the same engine as PS2 and that it will be a zoneless F2P game.

SOE just dont put in the overdrive on info until PS2 is actually out, you want the hype to be on your next game, not something that still are a few years back.

Same reason Blizzard put all their focus on MoP instead of Titan, and never even talked about if they have started on WoW2 or even thought about it. You want your fans to get maximum hyped on whatever you are releasing soon or just released, it is just good business sense.

As for EQ Next I think SOE will mess it up totally by using their "freemium" subscription model. It already made EQ2 suck badly.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by StoneRoses
    Depressed over video games?  I thought I read it all on these boards.

I know right. Don't you think it depressing! :(