Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion spoiled me with its patching and up keep of Rift.

124»

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Yeah i really hate seeing that shopping cart button. But i preordered the xpac because of the sheer quantity of features and content. They shouldve called it rift 2.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yeah i really hate seeing that shopping cart button. But i preordered the xpac because of the sheer quantity of features and content. They shouldve called it rift 2.

Here is the question though.

What if Rift had to make a choice between 3 options in order to stay proftiable:

1. Cut staff

2. Raise subscription rates

3. Sell vanity stuff

Which would you prefer? 

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by strangiato2112
    Originally posted by Foomerang Yeah i really hate seeing that shopping cart button. But i preordered the xpac because of the sheer quantity of features and content. They shouldve called it rift 2.

What if Rift had to make a choice between 3 options in order to stay proftiable:

1. Cut staff

3. Sell vanity stuff

Which would you prefer? 

Raised sub rates

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

Originally posted by strangiato2112

Originally posted by Foomerang Yeah i really hate seeing that shopping cart button. But i preordered the xpac because of the sheer quantity of features and content. They shouldve called it rift 2.

1. Cut staff

3. Sell vanity stuff

Which would you prefer? 

Not my problem. They'd have to figure it out but If I don't like it, I'd cancel.

I played Anarchy Online up to 2010. That's when Funcom put a cash shop in. And the announcement was that the shop would focus on cosmetic items and they "Would not sell power" In 2012, the shop is now P2W. This game still reqires a AAA sub fee to play it as well. Sub and Shop? I'll pass. This is why I refuse to buy TSW. Based on Anarchy, it's just a matter of time until they go that route.

GW2 has no Sub but it still has a Box fee so that along with a Cash Shop still makes me suspiscious. Even though GW2's Shop is way above board in the P2W area, it's subject to change without notice. You can say ANET will never do it, That's fine, but I've seen the song and dance before. And while I can trust ANET's intentions, I don't feel the same about NCSoft. Anyway, I've already bought the game, so At least I don't have to sub to it and in that regard, it's good. 

Ultimately, I wil not pay a sub in a game with a Cash Shop. That is not an option. They need to pick one or the other.