Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Aion: Third Anniversary Sees Launch of 3.5

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

NCSoft has announced that players can now download the latest version of Aion, v3.5, a free download that will see new dimensional vortexes and one-time events to celebrate the game's third anniversary.

• Tiamat Stronghold: The most challenging content in Aion: Ascension to date, Tiamat’s Stronghold is only available to those Daevas who have truly earned it. Tiamat’s defeat is the final chapter in the game-spanning Dragon Lords’ saga, kicking off the next chapter of the game.

• Fast Track Server: Those who are new to Aion: Ascension can now easily catch up to their friends thanks to the Fast Track server which will allow players to level up twice as fast, before making the switch to a regular server to tackle the challenging end game content.

• Dimensional Vortexes: New dimensions with valuable objectives, these vortexes offer players a new way to raid and PvP.

• Anniversary activities and exclusive offers: Continue to celebrate Aion’s 3rd anniversary with unique, one-time events, as well as exclusive offers coming to Aion: Ascension players in North America.

• And More: Players can look forward to new housing options and community features, a higher legion level cap with new legion quests, new mounts, new arenas a special mystery surprise only for Aion: Ascension fans at the end of the celebration. 

Find out more on the Aion site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• UkihaUkiha Member Posts: 58

· Gold sellers: Removal of all Gold sellers and the spam in chat...NOT (Dreaming is free)

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    I really liked aion. It was the lollipop weapons and clown outfits thhey added that destroyed the game for me
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Don't forget the 18gb download too.   I have better things to do than tie up my computer for 14 hours.

This game has fail written all over it.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Ive got the collectors edition. To me the game was fun. They just screwed immersion factor of the game up with the costume/skins they added. They also screwed up the fun portal pvp system.
  • LetsinodLetsinod Member UncommonPosts: 385
    Does anyone play Aion anymore?
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Letsinod

I recently started back and so far I am really enjoying the game. Best free to play mmo out.

• ShubawkssShubawkss Member Posts: 55
    Originally posted by Mannish

I recently started back and so far I am really enjoying the game. Best free to play mmo out.

I agree, the PvP is pretty good and they have plentry of end-game progression.

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    Aion is one of the best f2p mmorpgs right now. So yea, many people play it.
  • RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440

I'll never play another NCSoft game after they killed off City of Heroes.

Just my 2 cents.

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    I really hope they haven't done to Aion what they did to Lineage 2. They started making the cash shop completely Pay to Win, after flaunting the fact it would never be. Once the population started to stop booming from the free to play release they introduced all of these items to the shop. I may check out Aion again, but only if someone can confirm the cash shop still isn't pay to win.
  • nilsangawennilsangawen Member Posts: 6
    A lot of improvements in 3.5, i really like it so far
  • daltaniousdaltanious Member UncommonPosts: 2,381

One of games (actually expanding this to this company) that will never ever under any circumstances see again my money in any sense. Had to change Mastercard even because of them because they continued to charge sub despite cancelled few times and never ever got any response from their support. Was decent (especially being Korean) experience up to lv.20 ... then free fall to hard floor.

• thamighty213thamighty213 Member UncommonPosts: 1,637

Died when they nerfed rifting into oblivion and took months to balance servers as well as not taking any action on afk dredg players or proper matchmaking.

Could no longer head into Elyos territory finding some good fights.

Elyos gave up evn bothering with forts to the point we started letting them have them yet they werent defended when we try to take them back.

9/10 Dredgions would be up against an AFK group just farming free AP.

Every means of PVP dissolved to no fun whatsoever.

BTW don't expect the EU to have this anytime soon will no doubt be months behind just as it was for 3.0

• omidusomidus Member UncommonPosts: 99
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Don't forget the 18gb download too.   I have better things to do than tie up my computer for 14 hours.

This game has fail written all over it.

I don't think the word fail ever left Aion since its western launch.

• lilwinslilwins Member Posts: 114
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    I really hope they haven't done to Aion what they did to Lineage 2. They started making the cash shop completely Pay to Win, after flaunting the fact it would never be. Once the population started to stop booming from the free to play release they introduced all of these items to the shop. I may check out Aion again, but only if someone can confirm the cash shop still isn't pay to win.

It's more like pay2lose, pay2lose a shit ton of freaking money. If someone is willing to spend over 150 dollars on getting random enchantment stone boxes/manastone boxes, then they are beyond dumb. I would rather get those things for free. The awesome thing about free2play Aion is that the whole game is free and there is no limitations put on the account.

• F00L3DF00L3D Member Posts: 2
    Lol to all the people who say it's dead. I its not dead. Maybe you should jump on the game before making an assumption like that. Servers are populated and finding dungeon groups isn't difficult. It may not be the most popular mmo out there, but it's definitely not 'dead' lol