Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why do you read SWTOR threads?

ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
Just curious.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    I just find it entertaining.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993

4th for me. Surprised to not see any votes for the 2nd yet, tbh. 

Edit: Nevermind, someone stepped up and voted for it.

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    No option to reflect my position: I just want to know what's going on. Helps building up a perspective of the present MMO panorama, even if it's information about a game you will probably not play.
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Forum PVP.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Have you confused hater with fanboy on option 3?

Also you missed the option "I like to see the tears"

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

Not sure. Every time I read these forums I promise myself that I am not going to come back to this forum anymore LOL.

I guess I am masochist image

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

Originally posted by Sevenstar61

Not sure. Every time I read these forums I promise myself that I am not going to come back to this forum anymore LOl.

I guess I am masochist image

Heheh, I feel that way about MMORPG forums in general. 

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Only reason I'd look at a SWTOR thread, like this one, would be because it pops up on recent forum activity at the right time for me to see it and have a modicum of interest to open in a tab before moving on to do what I originally intended.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

I guess its just fun to read the posts of delusional white knight ala Bioware Defense Force dudes defending this game.

Plus its like the old SWG veteran refugee forum. Yet again we get to sit and watch another SW MMO die a slow painful, horrible but yet well deserved death.

Im not bitter about it and i really could care less either way tbh, its just a perfect storm of bad stuff happening to the genre everything from TOR being a bad cut, copy, and paste job of WoW, to the market being flooded with this type of crap MMO, Bioware's lack of talent or experience in MMO's( IMO its both), Bioware's secrecy like its pre launch hype(Soon) that just kills me!!! LOL, when in fact most of the MMO's Ive played always let the base know about some kind of yearly path of development of things not written in stone but what they are shooting for. CCP does this and even SOE did this with SWG.

I could throw in the bad CSR, Bioware's arrogance, crappy engine,ftp, the way they handled mergers and forced name changes and poor buggy updates as they continue to break more than they fix in every update since launch into the mix as well but thats like kicking a baby at this point as all they really seem to do well and consistently is piss of the player base. Not a formula for success imo.

Too many bad things happened to this game everything from bad luck, bad timing to poor management, if not for the IP game would have suffered the same fate as Earth and Beyond and Tabula Rosa.

In the end I hope I'm wrong and they can turn it around as i really want to play a SW MMO but as for the current state the game is in, I was not enjoying any of it outside of the story part, and lost all faith and doubt that they will, and really really not a fan of FTP at all.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    It's interesting to see other people's perspectives on swtor, and how they differ from mine.  It's also interesting to see how the game develops over time.  This is mostly why i still follow past MMO forums.
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865

You missed creating an option for me.

I wait before I buy an MMO. Launch day is usually a mess and I like to let the company get a few bug updates in as well before I purchase.

I waited to buy SW:TOR and then began hearing bad things, so I skipped buying.

I follow the SW:TOR threads because, when it goes free to play I will try it out.

I have not made my own mind up about the game but there was enough criticism for me to not spend money initially. When it goes free to play I will judge the game for my self. If I like it, I may even subscribe, since I don't like getting nickel and dimed by a cash shop. If I don't like it, then it was money well saved.

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    wow great replies. Thank you for posting, I was curious to see how the pop here would fall. I regret not having more options but I was late for work.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191
    Originally posted by JobeArthur

I guess its just fun to read the posts of delusional white knight ala Bioware Defense Force dudes defending this game.

This post is the definition of egocentric.  I always thought if someone likes something it actually might be that they actually like it, not that they are delusional.

There Is Always Hope!

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    I have too many hopes for the future of the game, and I want to go back down the road.
  • JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

I  wouldn't say its egocentric as it is nothing more than an observation.

I went through the CU, NGE with galaxies and in a way the same thing is happening with TOR. You have on one side people that are critical of the game and developers who are called haters but in reality we want the game to succeed, and on the other side you have people who claim the game is perfect and that Bioware can do no wrong while the game spirals into the ground.

I didn't break Ilum then close it down, Screw up PVP after 1.2 then 1.3, over nerf or over buff classes, come up with a lame resolve system, have a magic PVP stat that they added in the last few beta's against most of the communities wishes, remove a bunch of gear and items from beta, make a useless crafting system, space on rails, create a bunch of gear grinds and credit sinks, poor legacy system, release broken OP's, or lack any real public test server, come up with the gear RNG system of failure, choose an engine that was in beta and not optimize it, or open way too many servers at launch, not release a LFG tool at launch, dual spec, broken back fill for WZ's, lower the TTK to 3 globals, not have any tiers in PVP, any real type of end game thats not mind numbing, Valor Farmers, premades vrs pug farming, or FTP... i could go on for 5 pages but i wont.

No if players would actually demand higher quality or even just to have a real test server with real testing that would even be a step in the right direction but most of the feedback would go ingnored as it did with the Betas i took part in. Its actually sad about the quality of updates Bioware has been giving. look at my first post on this account as i lost my old account, I think I gave it a rating of 9 and I loved the story part of the game it wasn't until i hit 50 with 2 chars and 48 on another and all the broken crap every patch and things not working no eta's or communication at all really.

Hey all I wanted to do was play a SW MMO that worked and would be more than happy to pay monthly for it, but i guess thats too much to ask for, and considering the 2.4 million box sales compared to what they have last stated about subs over 500k less than a million I can safely say that I am not alone. 

White Knights and fanbois kill what could be a great game, Imagine if everyone left SWG with the NGE i would be willing to bet the CU version would still be around, or maybe the Pre CU, If the people didn't rage at CCP and its cash shop i would be willing to bet the game would be PTW by now. 

So in closing people who bitch and stop funding poor habits from developers are gamers who love games.. White Knights bring us FTP with loot boxes,cash grabs and crappy games. You should demand better as a gamer imo and hopefully as this game fails it sends a clear message to the industry. EA/Bioware could turn things around if they could get people with real talent and direction and not these clowns they have currently but the ironic part is anyone with those qualities would never work of EA anyway.. why would they? Reap was you have sown EA...

Originally posted by keithian

This post is the definition of egocentric.  I always thought if someone likes something it actually might be that they actually like it, not that they are delusional.

Agreed.

• keithiankeithian Member UncommonPosts: 3,191

I went through the CU, NGE with galaxies and in a way the same thing is happening with TOR. You have on one side people that are critical of the game and developers who are called haters but in reality we want the game to succeed, and on the other side you have people who claim the game is perfect and that Bioware can do no wrong while the game spirals into the ground.

I didn't break Ilum then close it down, Screw up PVP after 1.2 then 1.3, over nerf or over buff classes, come up with a lame resolve system, have a magic PVP stat that they added in the last few beta's against most of the communities wishes, remove a bunch of gear and items from beta, make a useless crafting system, space on rails, create a bunch of gear grinds and credit sinks, poor legacy system, release broken OP's, or lack any real public test server, come up with the gear RNG system of failure, choose an engine that was in beta and not optimize it, or open way too many servers at launch, not release a LFG tool at launch, dual spec, broken back fill for WZ's, lower the TTK to 3 globals, not have any tiers in PVP, any real type of end game thats not mind numbing, Valor Farmers, premades vrs pug farming, or FTP... i could go on for 5 pages but i wont.

No if players would actually demand higher quality or even just to have a real test server with real testing that would even be a step in the right direction but most of the feedback would go ingnored as it did with the Betas i took part in. Its actually sad about the quality of updates Bioware has been giving. look at my first post on this account as i lost my old account, I think I gave it a rating of 9 and I loved the story part of the game it wasn't until i hit 50 with 2 chars and 48 on another and all the broken crap every patch and things not working no eta's or communication at all really.

Hey all I wanted to do was play a SW MMO that worked and would be more than happy to pay monthly for it, but i guess thats too much to ask for, and considering the 2.4 million box sales compared to what they have last stated about subs over 500k less than a million I can safely say that I am not alone. 

White Knights and fanbois kill what could be a great game, Imagine if everyone left SWG with the NGE i would be willing to bet the CU version would still be around, or maybe the Pre CU, If the people didn't rage at CCP and its cash shop i would be willing to bet the game would be PTW by now. 

So in closing people who bitch and stop funding poor habits from developers are gamers who love games.. White Knights bring us FTP with loot boxes,cash grabs and crappy games. You should demand better as a gamer imo and hopefully as this game fails it sends a clear message to the industry. EA/Bioware could turn things around if they could get people with real talent and direction and not these clowns they have currently but the ironic part is anyone with those qualities would never work of EA anyway.. why would they? Reap was you have sown EA...

Your post is totally illogical and also egocentric. If someone eats a spoon of coffee ice cream and their tongue says they like it, who are you to say that they should have tried the Premium Coffee instead, or try another flavor because they obviously don't know whats good for them?

There Is Always Hope!

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Only because it comes up in the current forum activity box on the main page.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Definitely morbid fascination. I had my fun with the game while it lasted, but that wasn't very long.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• tman5tman5 Member Posts: 604
    Checking back waiting to hear the date for F2P.  I liked this game in trial well enough NOT to pay for it.
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

I like it and will return at some point when it goes F2P.  There is also a bit of a morbid fascination with how some people go gaga over this game as if they would play it if it wasn't a SW MMO.

It takes a lot more than an IP I love to keep me as a gamer.  I like quite a few IPs and am open to new ones.  I would never continue to play a lackluster game simply becauase of the world it's set in.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Star wars is one of my favorite movie series of all time.. hell I even enjoyed the new movies and enjoy the clone wars show....as a huge fan of both theme park MMOs and star wars you would think there is no way I could not enjoy this game...but alas it became one of the biggest gaming dissapointments I have had...I don't see the point of coming here to bash the game over and over because of this but remain very dissapointed

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by keithian

Your post is totally illogical and also egocentric. If someone eats a spoon of coffee ice cream and their tongue says they like it, who are you to say that they should have tried the Premium Coffee instead, or try another flavor because they obviously don't know whats good for them?

Perfect example of the white knight/fanboi who does not get it. Did you even read his post?

• defector1968defector1968 Member UncommonPosts: 469

Plus its like the old SWG veteran refugee forum. Yet again we get to sit and watch another SW MMO die a slow painful, horrible but yet well deserved death.

Im not bitter about it and i really could care less either way tbh, its just a perfect storm of bad stuff happening to the genre everything from TOR being a bad cut, copy, and paste job of WoW, to the market being flooded with this type of crap MMO, Bioware's lack of talent or experience in MMO's( IMO its both), Bioware's secrecy like its pre launch hype(Soon) that just kills me!!! LOL, when in fact most of the MMO's Ive played always let the base know about some kind of yearly path of development of things not written in stone but what they are shooting for. CCP does this and even SOE did this with SWG.

SWG was live for 8 years, SWTOR wont take that long

so NO COMPARISON

fan of SWG, XCOM, Defiance, Global Agenda, Need For Speed, all Star Wars single player games. And waiting the darn STAR CITIZEN
  • vader999vader999 Member UncommonPosts: 136
    For people who also read D3 threads or the latest trainwreck threads intermingled with some Eve Online Loan Scam / C&P Trolling, is there are a forum fully dedicated to linking/discussing the juiciest threads on the net?