Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

General: Star Citizen Brings Chris Roberts Back to Space Sims, MMOs

Comments

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107
    At last, a project that deserves funding and supporting, because it's a GrandMaster at the helm. Buckle up, the Legend is back!

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• Butch808Butch808 Member UncommonPosts: 369
    Big ambitions! i can't wait!
  • Martijn1234Martijn1234 Member Posts: 49

You may be able to destroy planets, but you can never destroy what I am, friend. I am the hope of the universe, I am the answer to all living things that cry out for peace. I am the protector of the innocent, I am the light in the darkness, I am truth. ALLY TO GOOD, NIGHTMARE TO YOU

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290
    This looks fresh to me. Hope its going to make it!

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Martijn1234
    omg http://backup-na.robertsspaceindustries.com/products/give-me-the-galaxy-pledge somebody have 10 mil dollars lying around?

10 grands not million.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804

Well I've always dreamed of a persistant everchanging space orientated game and have followed Infinity and  had hoped Braben would see sense and give us Elite 4.

But it seems we have a new champion not only of the space game but of PC gameing as a whole,these next 2 years are gonna be the new PC golden age with all these devs now realiseing they can make games they could only dream about years ago as PC tech will always be ahead of any console tech as it just so dynamic.

Count me in next payday i'm buying in to this, Chris to me has the enthusiasim and drive to make Star Citizen something really special and something for future next gen console owners to gaze in awe at not a bad thing I reckon.

p>
  • BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

This would be deeper than Mech Warrior to me from my up bringing. The only thing that could top this would be a Willy Bemish 2.... ;)

talk about nastalgia road...

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Great news indeed, will follow this one.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Crowd-funding is focusing a laser on some good/great game genres. :)
  • freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378

"My name is Chris Roberts and I'd like to build a universe with you."

Well my name is freejackmack and I think I have a man crush on you! Please don't toy with our emotions. We have been waiting too long for this game.

• guy232guy232 Member UncommonPosts: 350
    I never forget my days Playing HOURS I mean HOURS of wingcommander on my SNES with the Super-advantage  joystick controller The have my full fucking support.  But I ant gota dime atm lol

It..Burns..

• SamhaelSamhael Member RarePosts: 1,498
    Originally posted by Zeymere

Am I reading that right though?  2 million dollars?

z

What he says is that if they can get 2 mill through crowdsourcing, their investors kick in. In other words, some big money folks believe that if us normal people care enough to shell out that sort of cash, there's enough interest to make it worth their backing.  I like this approach much better than if he had gone through EA...

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I am seriously freaked out now. I just posted a thread a week ago asking why no one has made an MMO Privateer / Freelancer type of game.  Take my fking money!!!

I think there is a big gap in MMO's for this and I am buzzed.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

That does not make sense.  You are telling me that he needs to raise 2 million dollars from the common rabble and then the people with money donate theirs?  That is not how business works.  You have something, you need capital, you go to someone with capital and you put up colateral.

That is how it has been done in this country for, well, forever.  That is why banks exist, not to store money but to lend money with interest rates.  What's the old saying, you have to have money in order to make money.

There are companies out there willing to take on projects like this, but they are going to put in their own money and take some control over the project.  That is how it's done.

It makes no sense that he needs to raise 2 million dollars from your piggy bank in order for other people to put in their big money.  This game is likely to cost upwards of 100 million dollars,  If there is actual interest, those people with the money should already know this and they would bypass the silly 2 million dollar pledge thing.

Nothing but bad things can happen when you ask the common people to donate from their piggy bank.

• BullseyeArc1BullseyeArc1 Member UncommonPosts: 410
    Originally posted by koboldfodder

That does not make sense.  You are telling me that he needs to raise 2 million dollars from the common rabble and then the people with money donate theirs?  That is not how business works.  You have something, you need capital, you go to someone with capital and you put up colateral.

That is how it has been done in this country for, well, forever.  That is why banks exist, not to store money but to lend money with interest rates.  What's the old saying, you have to have money in order to make money.

There are companies out there willing to take on projects like this, but they are going to put in their own money and take some control over the project.  That is how it's done.

It makes no sense that he needs to raise 2 million dollars from your piggy bank in order for other people to put in their big money.  This game is likely to cost upwards of 100 million dollars,  If there is actual interest, those people with the money should already know this and they would bypass the silly 2 million dollar pledge thing.

Nothing but bad things can happen when you ask the common people to donate from their piggy bank.

Ya sounds like he wants people to stake him for the loan.    Might be the only way something like this gets made though.   

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    very impressive. however, i'll keep my money until they have a game to sell me. i hate giving money for promesis...
  • YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

And by the way, EA, LUCASARTS AND BIOWARE: Thanks for NOTHING!!

No Battlefront 3, No new X-Wing, No Space combat in TOR -> ALL MY MONEY IS GOING TO CHRIS ROBERTS DONATIONS !  :D

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper
    very impressive. however, i'll keep my money until they have a game to sell me. i hate giving money for promesis...

there is a money back option if they don´t reach the 2M Dollar goal.

Seriously, go fund the project it´s worth it, that is how things work today

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062
    Really ambitious and I hope it works out :) gonna fund it for sure.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    I reeally want to donate to this - only problem is, when you go to the pledge site thing thing, and then type in your adress, it says "send to the adress above" I have no idea if I will be living where I live right now in 2 years :/
  • aligada87aligada87 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    this game looks really awsome. but my question is, does the players who spend more dollars on the pledge for citizenship get more access to the game? basically to put it in simplar words, is this a pay to win game? i'm not understanding the pledge for citizenship. and am i imagining things? i saw one for 10,000 usd? also another question how will this affect people who wants to play this game but doesn't have a high end pc. what happends if they only have a good enough pc gaming system? really want to know because i'm interested also would like to know if this is an actuall mmo

• ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    hmph... I liked Elite better (hums intro tune). But freelancer and wing commander were cool too. I will be giving a donation because I love space sims. Two million dollars doesn't sound enough though.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Looks good! I can't wait for 2 years to fly by so I can play this. I hope they have space homes.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Teala
    Damnit - just make a Freelancer Online game.   Duh!   I think most people like the old Wing Commander games, but I think many probably liked Freelancer more.   So why not do it right and just make a Freelancer game?

I don't see why it has to have the same name. If it's going to be better than freelancer then it may as well have a different name.

• hikaru77hikaru77 Member UncommonPosts: 1,123
    He said NO to EA, everyone should support this game NOW. I can wait 2 years for an epic game like this.