Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Things that depress me...

HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

1. No news/info of any kind, or even a confirmation that its going to be released of any new Everquest game.

2. Stargate franchise being dead.  Yes, i know its not MMO related.  But when Universe got canned i was ultra pissed.  [mod edit]

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

Comments

• aerinndisaerinndis Member Posts: 67
    I know there hasn't been any recent news, but I thought Everquest Next had been confirmed for sure. I heard something about possible info at the end of the year, but who knows..
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    I went to start up my Harley and the battery is dead. Its a brand new 2012 heritage softail. I must have left it clicked on =(. That depresses me.
  • kb4blukb4blu Member UncommonPosts: 717

Being 67 years old really depresses me.

• Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360
    The level of violence and social injustice in society depresses me.  I can tell you with certainty that nothing related to games finds itself in my top 100 of depressing items.
  • SicaeSicae Member Posts: 110
    Originally posted by aerinndis
    I know there hasn't been any recent news, but I thought Everquest Next had been confirmed for sure. I heard something about possible info at the end of the year, but who knows..

EQ next has been mentioned, but they dodge every question about it. Maybe we will hear more about it once planetside 2 has been released.

• RandaynRandayn Member UncommonPosts: 904

The Matrix Online being a complete bust....yes, I know there are loyal fans out there that loved it, but I closed beta'd and played for free for the last couple months....the game was a complete disaster....it was sad....will always go down as my favorite trilogy

On a smaller note, FFXIV being a complete bust.  It has been sad to see the collapse of an RPG...Final Fantasy isn't what it was years back.

Originally posted by Pale_Fire
    The level of violence and social injustice in society depresses me.  I can tell you with certainty that nothing related to games finds itself in my top 100 of depressing items.

lol....define Social Injustice please?  If you can't define it, please don't use it ever again...

leading me to the thing in the world that depresses me more than anything.

A complete lack of objectivity and value in the world today.  I read a Robespierre (yeah, the evil ruler than hung people for fun) quote yesterday and he basically described his fantasy society....it sounded just like the one we have today....

• akiira69akiira69 Member UncommonPosts: 615

Several MMO's that I wanted to play that got canceled:

Fallout Online

Stargate Worlds(Yes there was going to be a Stargate MMO but the company who was going to make it ran out of cash)

Mythica

The Agency

Ultima X

Star Trek Online(The one I am lamenting over is the one by Perpetual Entertainment it would have had guilds controlling starships instead of 1 person and the classes would have meant something)

"Possibly we humans can exist without actually having to fight. But many of us have chosen to fight. For what reason? To protect something? Protect what? Ourselves? The future? If we kill people to protect ourselves and this future, then what sort of future is it, and what will we have become? There is no future for those who have died. And what of those who did the killing? Is happiness to be found in a future that is grasped with blood stained hands? Is that the truth?"

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337
    Originally posted by kb4blu

Being 67 years old really depresses me.

Dood I applaud you! The way I drive and my lifestyle I just wont make it to 67! I guess that should depress me- but I really am now "ok" with the thought of dying. I am 40 btw.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498

I read today that a young girl was executed for standing up for the right to obtain an education.

It made me depressed. Followed by confusion and anger.

I don't have any real problems....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• HedeonHedeon Member UncommonPosts: 997

dont want to think too much of things that depress me ><

and yes SOE have said they maybe would have more news at the end of the year - guessing after planetside next are released they will start the hype machine for EQnext, looking forward to see more info on it too!

cant help but feel like they scrapped EQnext in favor for Planetside 2, guessing Planetside is faster to make or they just thinking the would be more space for a shooter than another fantasy MMO at this time, who knows ;P

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Randayn

lol....define Social Injustice please?  If you can't define it, please don't use it ever again...

A complete lack of objectivity and value in the world today.  I read a Robespierre (yeah, the evil ruler than hung people for fun) quote yesterday and he basically described his fantasy society....it sounded just like the one we have today....

[mod edit]

If all you people are so depressed about society, why don't you change it - Simple.

If we're talking quotes: "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing," and all that.

What depresses me is that there probably won't be another Overlord game, if we're talking real life I'm quite pleased, though certainly finding an altruistic genie might help.

Hi

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Were coming close to the end

2012 muhahahah

and the perfect game still hasn't been released yet

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Originally posted by Kyleran

I read today that a young girl was executed for standing up for the right to obtain an education.

It made me depressed. Followed by confusion and anger.

I don't have any real problems....

I think if there was mass censorship of news all your problems would be solved.

Hi

Originally posted by Jayaris

[mod edit]

If all you people are so depressed about society, why don't you change it - Simple.

If we're talking quotes: "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing," and all that.

What depresses me is that there probably won't be another Overlord game, if we're talking real life I'm quite pleased, though certainly finding an altruistic genie might help.

how about another quote for ya...that goes right with the one you threw in (as a precursor) "It is futile to fight against, if one does not know what one is fighting for." - Ayn Rand

With that, I try to teach people everyday the law's of liberty in hopes they'll embrace them.  I've helped in hundreds of campaigns and collected to petitions a million times just to be shunned by the crooked politicians that created the phrase "social justice"....so please don't pretend to think that I'm not attempting to change the world everyday

[mod edit]

how about another quote for ya...that goes right with the one you threw in (as a precursor) "It is futile to fight against, if one does not know what one is fighting for." - Ayn Rand

With that, I try to teach people everyday the law's of liberty in hopes they'll embrace them.  I've helped in hundreds of campaigns and collected to petitions a million times just to be shunned by the crooked politicians that created the phrase "social justice"....so please don't pretend to think that I'm not attempting to change the world everyday

I'm not sure how my comment got to this point, but whatever.  I was just trying to point out that being depressed over a game is sort of dumb when you consider the other real problems in today's world.  And yeah, truly being depressed about a game is so shallow and pathetic it's painful.  Really.

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    That life inevitably ends.  Fast sometimes.
  • FelixMajorFelixMajor Member RarePosts: 865
    Girls that look like men depress me

Originally posted by Arskaaa
    "when players learned tacticks in dungeon/raids, its bread".

• HrimnirHrimnir Member RarePosts: 2,415

If your avatar didn't tip me off to you being a pretentious dastard, your first statements here would have soon let me to it.

I'm not sure how my comment got to this point, but whatever.  I was just trying to point out that being depressed over a game is sort of dumb when you consider the other real problems in today's world.  And yeah, truly being depressed about a game is so shallow and pathetic it's painful.  Really.

You seem to be the only person in this thread that actually took the idea of being actually depressed over video games seriously.

Lets make a word up and call it, things that "ensadden" me.

Would that make you feel better?

"The surest way to corrupt a youth is to instruct him to hold in higher esteem those who think alike than those who think differently."

- Friedrich Nietzsche

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237
    Originally posted by FelixMajor
    Girls that look like men depress me

Amen!

• GameboyMarcGameboyMarc Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Ultima X image

• CuathonCuathon Member Posts: 2,211

This thread depresses me. It did not deliver on my expectations at all.

I was expecting at least one:

Other human beings response

Ignorant plebs hyped this thread up as the thread to end all threads and it let me down. Like Guild Wars 2.

oh yeah....forgot the most important one for me....

The direction of MMORPG's is EXTREMELY depressing

Originally posted by Hrimnir

If your avatar didn't tip me off to you being a pretentious dastard, your first statements here would have soon let me to it.

You seem to be the only person in this thread that actually took the idea of being actually depressed over video games seriously.

Lets make a word up and call it, things that "ensadden" me.

Would that make you feel better?

Yes, actually it does.  Thanks.

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150

Bumped for truth and maturity.  (Hands a red rattle to the OP).

Seriously, the leukemia ward at the local children's hospital - now that's depressing.