Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you see yourself playing GW2 past 2012?

Comments

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by Karteli

TSW would have been more successful if it didn't have EA smeared on it :-(

It's not the fact that it's a niche game targeting a even smaller niche of an audience.  It's not the garbage animations or the fact that it's boring.  It's not because they screwed up PvP as bad if not worse than SWTOR.   It's cause EA is the publisher.

Steam: Neph

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Yes, I see GW2 grow. The game is not feature complete yet and I'm not talking about just adding more areas and dynamic events. The teambased paid sPVP and observer mode has been announced already so I won't add these to the list of what I expect to see.

-Guild Halls/Housing

-Player Housing

-Some type of organised Guild vs Guild pvp with a ranking system.

-A lot more minigames ala kegbrawl in the main cities and other kinds of activities.

-More npc services ingame.

To me it seems they only delivered what was seen as ready and mainly avoided talking about other upcoming features. Or just hinted at (the above). I'm positive that the features above will be implemented, you can remind me if they are not.

If the game fleshes out in terms of features it will gain more staying power then with just adding new areas with DE's. Which will happen too, but the contentlocusts will devour that just as fast as now. You can't develop against that speed. But then again, it is not a big deal for me to play different games now and then and just come back after some time to GW2. After all, I did the same with GW1.

I strongly doubt it but I would love to be proved wrong :)

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    Originally posted by someforumguy

Yes, I see GW2 grow. The game is not feature complete yet and I'm not talking about just adding more areas and dynamic events. The teambased paid sPVP and observer mode has been announced already so I won't add these to the list of what I expect to see.

-Guild Halls/Housing

-Player Housing

-Some type of organised Guild vs Guild pvp with a ranking system.

-A lot more minigames ala kegbrawl in the main cities and other kinds of activities.

-More npc services ingame.

To me it seems they only delivered what was seen as ready and mainly avoided talking about other upcoming features. Or just hinted at (the above). I'm positive that the features above will be implemented, you can remind me if they are not.

If the game fleshes out in terms of features it will gain more staying power then with just adding new areas with DE's. Which will happen too, but the contentlocusts will devour that just as fast as now. You can't develop against that speed. But then again, it is not a big deal for me to play different games now and then and just come back after some time to GW2. After all, I did the same with GW1.

I strongly doubt it but I would love to be proved wrong :)

I only listed features that were mentioned in blogs/interviews. But its ok to doubt me because I really don't feel like finding sources. Maybe someone else will.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

It's not the fact that it's a niche game targeting a even smaller niche of an audience.  It's not the garbage animations or the fact that it's boring.  It's not because they screwed up PvP as bad if not worse than SWTOR.   It's cause EA is the publisher.

So much wrong with this. I wont derail the thread though. This thread is about how half the people here thinks GW2 stinks. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Last night night I didn't have sex cuz I was playing GW2.  Well, I did have sex, but thought of foregoing it to play GW2.  It was the thought that mattered.  I guess I really just wanted to say that I had sex.

...I'm married so its kind of a big deal.

• Creslin321Creslin321 Member Posts: 5,359
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Last night night I didn't have sex cuz I was playing GW2.  Well, I did have sex, but thought of foregoing it to play GW2.  It was the thought that mattered.  I guess I really just wanted to say that I had sex.

Seriously made me LOL :).

Are you team Azeroth, team Tyria, or team Jacob?

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379
    I can see myself playing past 2012. I do think the game is lacking in a lot of departments and I have found myslef missing the trinity when it comes to PvE, but the game is still fun and I haven't gotten into the PvP portion just yet. I was a strong supporter of the game and still am, I only feel I would like something a little deeper and lttiel tougher in the progression areas of the genre. While the game is fun, I personally credit me playing for a really long time more to the lack of options rather than the lasting appeal of GW2. My fondest game was FFXI and the direction of that game was the total oppoiste of the current themeparks so that is probably why I am a little more critical on the progression system of GW2. Either way the game is fun and it's holding my attention just fine.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

QFT

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 418

Married can relate just not on the GW2 part or the debate on game vs wife..... haveing kids you take what time you can to play with the wife lol

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

With a thread so negative and with so many bad choices, it's no wonder the people that do enjoy it aren't even bothering to post in the thread.

Meanless poll is meaningless

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671
    Originally posted by bcbully

So much wrong with this. I wont derail the thread though. This thread is about how half the people here thinks GW2 stinks. 

At no point was I stating whether TSW or GW2 were better or worse than one another.  They're both flawed titles for different reasons.  None of those reasons have anything to do with the publisher.

I'm just pointing out that the success or failure of TSW had nothing to do with EA.  The only point you can really argue with that I made is whether the game is boring or not.  Animations are garbage?  Fact admitted by Funcom.  They're going back to rework animations for the entire engine.  PvP is screwed up?  Fact also admitted in the latest update from Funcom.  Niche game for niche audience?  Fact stated by devs themselves.

Here's a list for GW2 if it makes you sleep easier at night:

1) Invisible armies in WvWvW

2) Got outmanned and orb buffs backwards

3) only one format for sPvP

4) Some classes are straight broken.  Looking at you Ranger and the latest complete blunder with the animation on SB.

5) Ranged weapons get "Obstructed" for no reason.

6) Hearts are boring

7) Economy is totally out of whack and will probably never function appropriately

I can keep going but really the point is: none of this would have happened if NCSoft wasn't the publisher.....

Steam: Neph

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    I've stopped playing but I'm sure I'll return.  My selection of "I've stopped playing already" in no way means I won't return.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by Thupli

With a thread so negative and with so many bad choices, it's no wonder the people that do enjoy it aren't even bothering to post in the thread.

Meanless poll is meaningless

I agree. The polls here are worhtless. What matters is folks are playing by the thousands and if others have quit, that is fine. The main portion of any mmorpg is the population and of course game play. 

I started an alt elementalist last night and here is a quick check on population for those who are still doubting the game. I challenge anyone to go to an existing mmorpg and find that many folks in an a quest/event in a starting area. The other areas of the games still have many, many players in PvE. Everywhere you go people are helping one another and enjoying themselves. WvWvW is going full blast all the time also.

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    GW2 is a good game I love it, just havent had the time to get on that often....trust me I wish I could play often.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• AeliousAelious Member RarePosts: 3,521
    Originally posted by CallsignVega

From a very experienced MMORPG player's perspective, the writing is already on the wall. This game will be dead by Christmas. 

Shallow game-play, no end game content, unplayable WvW with unbelievable lag and invisible armies of players. image

What are your thoughts on the topic and do you agree/disagree? Is GW2 not what you expected or do you think it's the greatest thing ever? Don't forget to vote!

Your opinion stated as fact, no bueno.

I still voted though I don't agree with you.  I haven't logged in more than an hour in the last few weeks due to studying and wanting to play a game with more depth when I do, in my case EQ2.  GW2 is a great game, top of the class IMO for general themeparks, I just thought I would recieve it's type of gameplay better.  Eh, maybe in the future.

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903

People calling the game an" industry changer" don't understand the phrase.  I'll assume you mean a game that has broken awayy from industry standards.  No MMO can be an industry changer so soon after release because the rest of the industry needs to recognize those features and implement them.  That takes a lot of time.  It also implies that other MMOs will lose large numbers of players to play this new "industry changer".

• PilnkplonkPilnkplonk Member Posts: 1,532

4) Some classes are straight broken.  Looking at you Ranger and the latest complete blunder with the animation on SB.

I haven't noticed my ranger being "broken". In fact, I consider myself OP. Jeez, wtf are you yabbin about, man?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

GAMES

WITHOUT

SANDBOX

ELEMENTS

HAVE

NO

LONGEVITY.

When will they get this into their thick skulls?

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• thekid1thekid1 Member UncommonPosts: 789

Didn't do the poll because you can have stopped playing but play again in a few months.

That's the beauty of no subscription; you can pop back in any time and see if you're having fun again.

didn't log in for a few weeks and logged back in today. Unfortunatly I got bored after 30 minutes which means it's time to call it quits. For now. I will probably check back in a few months or whatever.

• TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,549
    I'll play here and there when I need a fix.

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by Elikal

GAMES

WITHOUT

SANDBOX

ELEMENTS

HAVE

NO

LONGEVITY.

I guess about the same time I can answer the question "Well then why did I play WoW for 3 or 4 years?"

Originally posted by Eir_S

GAMES

WITHOUT

SANDBOX

ELEMENTS

HAVE

NO

LONGEVITY.

I guess about the same time I can answer the question "Well then why did I play WoW for 3 or 4 years?"

Because WoW had invented the Grind Of Evil aka Faction Points, which is the devil! =P

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

GAMES

WITHOUT

SANDBOX

ELEMENTS

HAVE

NO

LONGEVITY.

SANDBOX

GAMES

HAVE

NO LONGEVITY 

FOR

NEW

PLAYERS

When will sandbox players realize this and notice the reason games like Minecraft have become successful is in part due to the fact its quite easy for a fresh start on a new server where one player doesn't hold all the power. Sandbox leaves a massive gaping hole where a few gain power early, leaving the rest high and dry with new players having very little chance to do anything worthwild, particularly on their own.

• JZeroVNJZeroVN Member Posts: 46
    Yes, I still expect to play GW2 off and on for a few years.  I never expected it to be something I would play heavily/continuously like the early MMOs.
    Originally posted by Purutzil

GAMES

WITHOUT

SANDBOX

ELEMENTS

HAVE

NO

LONGEVITY.

SANDBOX

GAMES

HAVE

NO LONGEVITY 

FOR

NEW

PLAYERS

When will sandbox players realize this and notice the reason games like Minecraft have become successful is in part due to the fact its quite easy for a fresh start on a new server where one player doesn't hold all the power. Sandbox leaves a massive gaping hole where a few gain power early, leaving the rest high and dry with new players having very little chance to do anything worthwild, particularly on their own.

I agree! That is why I advocate a mix of sandbox and themeparks for years here!