Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MechWarrior Online: Open Beta Next Week

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

MechWarrior Online fans who have been clamoring to try out the new MMO will finally get their chance when the open beta begins next week. The Founder's Program ends on October 14th and the open beta will officially commence on October 16th.

“We would like to extend our deepest gratitude to all of the fans over the course of our closed beta period,” said Russ Bullock, president of Piranha Games. “The amazing fans and the high quality feedback given to our team have helped us craft MechWarrior Online into a true MechWarrior gameplay experience. We’re more than excited to open up the game and look forward to continuing to expand the InnerSphere with our loyal fans.”

Find out more on the MechWarrior Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Well seeing as they have already invited everyione and their dog. Open beta was the next logocal step.

Still this is a good game if you like a modern Mechwarrior game, But make no mistake, this is all about the mech's no combined arms.. no tanks or infantry...

And no... the Clans have not invaded yet so no Clan mechs, that includes the Timberwolf/MadCat and the Mad dog/Vulture

And no the old designs they licenced from places like Macross and Crusher Joe are not in either... That means no Warhammer or Wasp or Phoenixhawk or Shadowhawk... And no bloody MAD...

They have Jenners through... and that is all you ever need.

This have been a good conversation

• McGamerMcGamer Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

I appreciate the effort by the OP to advertise the game, but it still isn't an MMO and it makes me lose faith in this site when I see them pushing more and more non-mmo's like MWO. 

There is not a shortage of MMOs in developement by any means.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Definately no MMO by any means but it makes for a fun, quick, arcady, multiplayer action game. Choose mech-> launch game->automatically paired up with 8 vs 8-> kill or cap the enemy base. Very simplistic but casul fun.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    Open beta means that MC points are locked in. No more refresh for closed beta.

Oh and this game has made drastic steps forward in the last several months. It looks good. Cannot wait for more gear.

I agree.. it should most likley reside on MMOFPS until the point that they get community warfare in as the functioning part of the game is a tactical FPS with light sim functions.

But that would be a lot off work to flip it back and forth.

Once community warfare get in they will in my book tick enough boxes to actually be a MMO... But then again ymmw.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Czanrei

I appreciate the effort by the OP to advertise the game, but it still isn't an MMO and it makes me lose faith in this site when I see them pushing more and more non-mmo's like MWO. 

The "problem" is too many seem to think MMO is and RPG, though I do like MMORPG.con following these MMO's without any RPG elements.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156

I play the closed beta and My Current Pc Requirements is a Due Core 3.01 Ghz  I quite the Beta but in 2 days I will be back and playing it again

My Current Pc Specs

Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU E7600 @ 3.06GHz

8.00 GB

EP43-DS3L Motherboard

AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series

Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My New Pc Parts That Going to be replace

i7 3770k  Intel Processor

Asrock Extreme4  Motherboard

Corsair - Dominator Platinum 2-Pack 4GB  DDR3 Memory

That Cost me About 440 at best buy For Processor and Memory  For the Motherboard was cash Cost 180 dollers plus tax.

• Half_Man_Half_ToonHalf_Man_Half_Toon Member Posts: 156
    after I get this in 2 days I can play Mechwarrior Like a boss I love that game and Other games. that think that was holding my Pc Specs from playing was the processor but I also Heard they have new requirements now I dunno where to get that info I hope ther less becouse they say the performance is allot better even with cry engine.
  • LustmordLustmord Member UncommonPosts: 1,114

I just got in on FPSguru.com's closed beta giveaway. I've only been playing a month, but I can tell you that you want to play this game.

If you've played a previous Mechwarrior game, you'll love it. If you've never played Mech combat, you gotta try it. I wish it had more MMO to it, but it's pretty fun the way it is. I read there's some content they are working on.. Planetary control, Faction Clan and Merc Clans owning different types of planets.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    I played the tech test for a few days and just didn't care for it. Not really hyped for this anymore. Especially with the announcement of Star Citizen.
  • knapuknapu Member Posts: 131

This game is million light years away from open beta  Theres tons of balance issues This is a Copied buisness model from world of tanks .

Allways a good sign (ironie) ...

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    Originally posted by MMOGamer71

The "problem" is too many seem to think MMO is and RPG, though I do like MMORPG.con following these MMO's without any RPG elements.

It's a lobby based LAN style game.  There's absolutely nothing Massively Multi-User about it.  The complaints have nothing to do about it being a RPG or FPS.  There is no persistant world, just 8 + 8 player instances.

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133
    I am having an absolute blast paying this. Try the open beta, you'll love it! :)
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Might not be an mmo but its still an awesome game and the only mech game out there worth playing..

Tho i guess if you like fast based fps style combat give hawken a go.

Originally posted by knapu

This game is million light years away from open beta  Theres tons of balance issues This is a Copied buisness model from world of tanks .

Actually the balancre is pretty good. One or two weapons are slightly under-powerd and boating small weapons is a bit to rewarding. But that is not anything that is out of the norm witha  PvP game and can be tweaked during open beta.

As for the WoT part... Not really sure what you are aming at. In WoT afaik you have a progression system that is aimed at getting a bigger tank to be more efficent on the battlefield. In MWO you could get a Jenner (one of the lightest mechs) and just run that and still have a vital part in any group and be a serious threat to any other mech (if you can play it)... Simply a medium laser is as dangerous on a Atlas assault mech as it is on a  Flea scout mech.

But yes you will be able to buy mechs for real money and bypass the grind. They are in no way better then the ones you can get for in-game cash. Yes you will be able to get a premium subscription that makes the grind quicker by giving you more xp and in-game money and yes you will be limited to four mech slots if you do not get extra for real world money.

• ZagatoMKRZagatoMKR Member UncommonPosts: 263

I am actually surprised that they are going Open Beta so soon as the game is still missing a lot of stuff that they promised to add in upcoming months. And that the kind of "stuff" you would want to have at OB launch. I'm guessing men in suits want to see money flowing into their fat pockets (or something). :/

Cheers.

• knapuknapu Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by tawess
    Originally posted by knapu

Actually the balancre is pretty good. One or two weapons are slightly under-powerd and boating small weapons is a bit to rewarding. But that is not anything that is out of the norm witha  PvP game and can be tweaked during open beta.

As for the WoT part... Not really sure what you are aming at. In WoT afaik you have a progression system that is aimed at getting a bigger tank to be more efficent on the battlefield. In MWO you could get a Jenner (one of the lightest mechs) and just run that and still have a vital part in any group and be a serious threat to any other mech (if you can play it)... Simply a medium laser is as dangerous on a Atlas assault mech as it is on a  Flea scout mech.

But yes you will be able to buy mechs for real money and bypass the grind. They are in no way better then the ones you can get for in-game cash. Yes you will be able to get a premium subscription that makes the grind quicker by giving you more xp and in-game money and yes you will be limited to four mech slots if you do not get extra for real world money.

Buisness model isnt gameplay , but even when it comes to gameplay it also has copied alot of things form Wot and this game is far from balanced  .

From the mechlab starting which doesnt even show how many free slots in a part  a mech has to the weight /weapon /dmg ratio .

This games isnt even finished yet theyre gonna add stuff which ill bring more confusion.

This game is a good until PS2 comes out  as it is now its not gonna  get any big hype msybe for a month or 2.

I could go on and on but this game isnt even worth to me as much as writing so many words about it lol thats why i finish here :).

Thats to much allready ...

I am the punishment of God...
    If you had not committed great sins,
    God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you
    — Genghis Khan

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

You had "faith" in a web site to start with??  MMORPG is first and foremost directed at providing *entertainment* information, of which one (major) aspect is MMO's. Given that even the phrase Massively Multiplayer Online game is rather vague, they have more than enough wiggle room for just about any game they choose to cover.  

If you aren't interested in coverage of a given game, then don't invest your time in reading about it.  

Also keep in mind that this IS a for profit site, and that means they (and we) benefit from increasing their coverage.  

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
  • RanioRanio Member Posts: 3

Honestly if you want Mechwarrior with Mech, vehicle, air, and infintry assets then go pick up a copy of Crysis Wars and mod it with Mech Warrior Living Legend Mod:

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can also just youtube it and watch in game video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

• WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by Ranio

Honestly if you want Mechwarrior with Mech, vehicle, air, and infintry assets then go pick up a copy of Crysis Wars and mod it with Mech Warrior Living Legend Mod:

http://wiki.mechlivinglegends.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

You can also just youtube it and watch in game video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70yNAwUUsc0

Now thats wild. Looks like a blast.  I'm always amazed by the amount of time and effort people will invest into something they love.  I wish we had more of that in MMO's.  Way too many suits making the decisions. But then with many millions of dollars, of other peoples money at stake, thats to be expected. 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."