Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Seriously...wtf

IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
edited February 2019 in Star Stable

browsing the newly posted mmos.. and what do i see... a FB game O-o based on horses.... what sweet mother of all that is pewpew is this junk? 

8 bucks a month to play horsee... really... and you can make your own horses.... MAKE MY OWN  WTF....do you like cut their legs off and fit other legs on??? 

i so do love the play on words... world of horsecraft... lets all jump on the WORLD OF bandwagon... world of dingdongs and wagon wheels next plz im hungry...

seriously though.. how the hell is a FB game based on horses a MMO? how is that even a game warrenting 8 bucks a month to play it??? @_@....

i think ill buy a 1 way ticket on the next rocket to mars... this world... its just not worth saving anymore

Post edited by SBFord on
Blaze_RockerPhaserlight

Comments

• VicodinTacoVicodinTaco Member UncommonPosts: 804
    It looks pretty good actually.  I would try it but it says it's a game for girls.
    Phaserlight
  • DrakadenDrakaden Member UncommonPosts: 138
    This is indeed a WTF moment lol
    Blaze_Rocker
  • IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    reading their website .... its a game designed for girls but open to anyone... @_@"; i really do not see how this is an mmorpg... as there isnt any role play O-o ooo look molly you have a horsee.... if thats role play... im cashing in my dice cause game over man... game over...
  • MeansMeans Member CommonPosts: 16
    Originally posted by Ichmen

browsing the newly posted mmos.. and what do i see... a FB game O-o based on horses.... what sweet mother of all that is pewpew is this junk? 

8 bucks a month to play horsee... really... and you can make your own horses.... MAKE MY OWN  WTF....do you like cut their legs off and fit other legs on??? 

i so do love the play on words... world of horsecraft... lets all jump on the WORLD OF bandwagon... world of dingdongs and wagon wheels next plz im hungry...

seriously though.. how the hell is a FB game based on horses a MMO? how is that even a game warrenting 8 bucks a month to play it??? @_@....

i think ill buy a 1 way ticket on the next rocket to mars... this world... its just not worth saving anymore

It is not a FB game though we, like everyone else, have a facebook page.  The game is launched directly from your browser which is only going to become more common.  A lot of the titles you are probably more interested in will use this approach in the near future.

The "World of" name is meant to be funny...but at the same time does a great job of describing what we do.  Let's not pretend that another "World of" title was the first to use it.  "Design your own horse" would probably have been a better wording for our horse character creation.

The huge open world, 1000+ quests, and weekly content updates make this more of an MMO than a lot of the games that make the same claim.  This game is not "junk" but is a full featured MMO.  Clearly it was not made for you.  You don't really need me to tell you that you are not the target demographic for this game.

Give us your honest opinion AFTER trying it.  Your post made me want to sit on the rocket to Mars with you for completely different reasons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aJCoWeDmlE&feature=plcp

Thupli

Colin Cragg
    CPO - World of Horsecraft AB
    www.starstable.com

you say its not a FB game yet your very own discription is as this. "Star Stable is a Facebook MMORPG from World of Horsecraft AB based on riding horses through the huge 3D world of Jorvik. " <- it clearly says facebook mmorpg O-o which is what leads my self and anyone checking newly listed mmos to see it as a facebook browser game. 
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

LOL- Funniest shit I have ever seen here.

Then the dude coming here defending "World of horses" is even funnier. =P

Please continue what may end up being a thread of epicness for all the ages.

• zbitzbit Member Posts: 36
    I think i found the gateway to getting my wife into MMO's! o/

Imagination is more important than knowledge.

Seriously I am still laughing like 20 mins after stumbling across this thread.

The Ops confusion over this is hilarious (and justified) then the dude coming here all pissed off and saying it isnt a FB game , then BAM someone looks at the site and its actually described as such...

But hey... I guess it isnt a WOW clone so that makes it more creative than 97% of everything else...I think.

EDIT: I gotta say, looking at the video I am floored at the graphics you guys are getting out of a browser game. This is the second browser game I have seen (not played, but saw video) which has blown my mind in terms of graphics.

Still funny as hell though...

Originally posted by SaintPhilip

The Ops confusion over this is hilarious (and justified) then the dude coming here all pissed off and saying it isnt a FB game , then BAM someone looks at the site and its actually described as such...

But hey... I guess it isnt a WOW clone so that makes it more creative than 97% of everything else...I think.

EDIT: I gotta say, looking at the video I am floored at the graphics you guys are getting out of a browser game. This is the second browser game I have seen (not played, but saw video) which has blown my mind in terms of graphics.

rofl, actually browsers have advanced alot. both with flash/unity and java engs.  though browsers still suffer typical issues of game chocking (found that trying out wizard 101 and mysical lands with my gf lol)  

but to be fair. i havent tried this game so im kinda being unfair in judging it... though it really doesnt fit with my game style lol if you youtube videos of it (i think they are in russian @-@) you can see the game play of it. 

seems like a game you would let a 10yr girl play IMO. not something a males would play though lol

im still wondering how you design your own horse.. i play too many customizing games so i automatically picture a garage with a horse on a hoist and robotic arms taking the legs off and fitting on new ones... BUT im sure they dont mean it that way....sadly..

you say its not a FB game yet your very own discription is as this. "Star Stable is a Facebook MMORPG from World of Horsecraft AB based on riding horses through the huge 3D world of Jorvik. " <- it clearly says facebook mmorpg O-o which is what leads my self and anyone checking newly listed mmos to see it as a facebook browser game. 

The game description is written by MMORPG.  Thank you for pointing out that little mistake.

Colin Cragg
    www.starstable.com

Not pissed off.  Just trying for a little clarity.  Our site doesn't say it is a Facebook game...MMORPG's description, written by them does.  Soon most MMO's will be lauchable from browsers and likely from their facebook pages...that won't make them facebook games.  Then again we'll have to see what kind of a mess Windows 8 makes with browser plug-ins as we know them today.  Either way,  I don't really want the product we made being compared to regular facebook titles...I'm not interested in working on that kind of game.

Yes, it is a bit odd to have the game listed here when it isn't really the target demographic....but this site is full of real gamers, that have girlfriends and daughters.  When I first saw this game I was amazed enough to swtich jobs to work on it.  This game really is something truly new and different yet there is no doubt it is a true MMO in every sense of the word.  Trying to develop a fun MMORPG without ANY combat of any kind makes regular MMO development seem easy.  When you can rely on the old "go here, kill that" mechanics things become a lot more challenging for designers.

This is definitely  the kind of game that can be played by a 10 year old girl...but it is great fun for anyone.  A bit like a pixar flick, fine for young people but with a lot of fun for older players too.

Colin Cragg
    www.starstable.com

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Means

Not pissed off.  Just trying for a little clarity.  Our site doesn't say it is a Facebook game...MMORPG's description, written by them does.  Soon most MMO's will be lauchable from browsers and likely from their facebook pages...that won't make them facebook games.  Then again we'll have to see what kind of a mess Windows 8 makes with browser plug-ins as we know them today.  Either way,  I don't really want the product we made being compared to regular facebook titles...I'm not interested in working on that kind of game.

Yes, it is a bit odd to have the game listed here when it isn't really the target demographic....but this site is full of real gamers, that have girlfriends and daughters.  When I first saw this game I was amazed enough to swtich jobs to work on it.  This game really is something truly new and different yet there is no doubt it is a true MMO in every sense of the word.  Trying to develop a fun MMORPG without ANY combat of any kind makes regular MMO development seem easy.  When you can rely on the old "go here, kill that" mechanics things become a lot more challenging for designers.

This is definitely  the kind of game that can be played by a 10 year old girl...but it is great fun for anyone.  A bit like a pixar flick, fine for young people but with a lot of fun for older players too.

ill give you that  its at least diffreant : ) i wont try it tho just cause its not my type of game but good luck. maybe it cna teach kids how to be sociable in mmos again who knows

• milwalmilwal Member UncommonPosts: 65

I havent laughed so much over a post ever!

"how do u build a horse" lmfao, stop it my stomach hurtz.....

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

I'm not sure what is funnier, that this game is listed here, or that the OP has apparenly lost his cookies because of said game.

Fun times at the old .com tonight!

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Originally posted by WhiteLantern

I'm not sure what is funnier, that this game is listed here, or that the OP has apparenly lost his cookies because of said game.

Fun times at the old .com tonight!

For real- I hope the dev doesnt take offence...Its just really funny the way this thread went down.

Hell, its stilll funny to me and ive read it like 10 times. =)

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

The "seriously wtf" part is that this game looks like it's twice the virtual world experience of most multi-million dollar AAA MMOs. It probably has twice the (positive) player interaction, as well.

Thupli

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• NephaeriusNephaerius Member UncommonPosts: 1,671

@Means you left AO to work on World of Horsecraft?   >.<   For what it is, it looks nice, but as you've indicated to others probably not my cup of tea.   Best of luck though.  No ill will at all.

OT: Although the thread is funny due to subject matter in and of itself I wonder if anyone else also finds it funny that no one seems to recognize Means.  Although his sig no longer has AO included.

Steam: Neph

• CyraelCyrael Member UncommonPosts: 239

I find the unnecessary bashing by the OP and others in this thread to be incredibly grating. Yes, the game probably isn't for you. However, the neat thing about demographics is that there are so many of them, and there's certainly one for a game of this type. Variety is a good thing, especially in a genre like MMORPG where there's a massive overabundance of games targeting certain niches (medieval/high fantasty, I'm looking at you).

If you don't like a game, that's perfectly fine. But don't make a thread solely to bash it unless you have more substantive reasons.

Thupli
    Originally posted by Nephaerius

@Means you left AO to work on World of Horsecraft?   >.<   For what it is, it looks nice, but as you've indicated to others probably not my cup of tea.   Best of luck though.  No ill will at all.

OT: Although the thread is funny due to subject matter in and of itself I wonder if anyone else also finds it funny that no one seems to recognize Means.  Although his sig no longer has AO included.

I loved working on AO.  It was a fantastic amazing experience...but it was time to do something truly different.  This game is about as different as it can get.  Working on something close to AO would have been annoying.  The titles do have something in common though..both are niche products and both are the absolute best in their niche.  There are 30M monthly searches for "games for girls"....so this is also a interesting business opportunity.  The change from producer to CEO has also been interesting...learning lots of new things...been very exciting :)

Colin Cragg
    www.starstable.com

• OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756

I spended 1 second and i found this:

It is a so called “MMORPG” which means “Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game”, and can most easily be described as an enormous role playing horse game for large numbers of players to enjoy together online. This means that hundreds, if not thousands, of players can play, chat and help each other through the challenges and horse adventures Star Stable has to offer.

i am sure that you have put more time creating this thread then i spended on finding that info.

So yea... GIDDY UP!

Also i must say while this is a game i obviously wont play but it does have some good graphics for a game like this.  Im sure this could be a success for the crowd it is aimed for (young girls and creepy old guys)  Stop thinking mmorpgs  need millions and millions of players in order to be a succes and make a profit.

• MewmewMewmew Member UncommonPosts: 7

Congrats on being completely wrong while trying to gang up on the game.

They didn't ever say they were a FaceBook game, someone who listed them put it in wrong here that was not them.  But you accuse and point and laugh and say you're right and get a few people laughing with you, when you guys giving negative comments were totally wrong.  I got to say that actually *is* pretty funny.  It wasn't the Devs that wrote that at all.

The other thing is FaceBook is FULL of real MMORPGs these days, even tho this isn't a FaceBook game.  You need to stop living back in the days of Cavemen and realize that FaceBook has changed greatly from when it first had just Casual Social games on it.  Not that it matters since the only thing this has to do with FaceBook is you *can* use FaceBook connect to create your account if you want to.  

But I'm not here to defend FaceBook, just it's funny that nothing you wrote here can be backed up :D  And this game specifically has more role play than most games out there right now (including lots of in game role play being done by people, besides the story lines and such).  It very much IS an MMORPG.

You wrote this: "i really do not see how this is an mmorpg... as there isnt any role play O-o ooo look molly you have a horsee...."

It's so clear you have no clue about the game.  The game is full of story lines, quests, leveling up stats for you and your horse, and real role playing happening in ways you never see in most games too even on dedicated Role Play servers.  You obviously know nothing about the game but want to write as if you do.  It's not just "oh I have a horse" any more than Skyrim is just "oh I have a sword", any more than Guild Wars 2 is "oh I have some pants".  There is a lot of story in this game and factions and leveling, it's an RPG in every sense.  The goofballs who come and laugh with you thinking you have any clue of what you're talking about are even more worthy of eye rolling...  Seriously.

The one downfall I find is that I am sort of saddened that the guys who want to come play this game have to play female characters.  I wish they got to make males.  I know they're trying to target girls specifically but still it would be nice to let the guys play male characters and have guys riding around in our clubs and not just male NPCs.  It could still be targetted towards girls and have male characters for people to play.

The game is really fun and different.  The horses react and move like actual horses instead of some arcade mount too.  It's sad that such a cool game has people being derogatory towards it because they're not the target audience (and because they are Cavemen :P).  But I guess any gaming dinosaur who doesn't get what FaceBook really does with gaming these days also would giggle and laugh at cool new and different concepts too that threaten their old concept of online RPGs.

• katannkatann Member CommonPosts: 1

Wow is all i have to say, I have been playing Star Stable for a week now. I have found this game to be very fun and relaxing too. To answer the question on the creation of your horse, you pick the coat color and the main and tail color of the horse, you pick the skintone, hair color and eye color and the face of your rider.

I play world of warcraft too and I fine this game to be just has challenging has wow, part of the game includes races and has you level up the races become harder too do. The creaters of this game are always adding new things and quests to the story line. So you really should not put down a game if you have not even tried it.

The only draw back to Star Stable is once you have done a quest line for the day and there are many, it stops until the following day. I too wish that they would let the player have the choice of being male or female, but i know of many men who make female toons to play world of warcraft. 

I would like to see more movment to the horse while it is just standing, but over all the creaters of Star Stable have done a wonderful job on the look of the horse, it's rider and the world of Star Stable, the graphics rival that of world of warcraft and many other MMOs.  Also you can pay monthly or for three months or six months, but the best is to just pay the life time fee and be able to play for the life time of the game or your life.

I only see this game getting better and becoming  well known part of the gaming world, right up there with Wow, Guild wars and the rest of the MMO type games, so try the game out before you make bad comments about it.

Thupli
  • Johnie-MarzJohnie-Marz Member UncommonPosts: 865
    I hear this game has a stable following
    Loke666
    Originally posted by Johnie-Marz
    I hear this game has a stable following

well done :)

Thupli

Colin Cragg
    www.starstable.com

Originally posted by cura

Fatality! /e horse whicker

EDIT: BTW this game looks like pervert paradise rofl

1.  The description was MMORPG's not ours and they kindly corrected it.  A long time ago.

2.  Project much?

Colin Cragg
    www.starstable.com