Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: How to farm Exp and Karma Fast Tactics Part 4

Comments

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Part 3 will be saturday but it wont be a gold vid. I'm going to stuff even more into the next one. Talk a little faster with better sound as well.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Time to be the ass who downplays your video, but take it for the points I make.

You need to clean up the sound, the background noise the mic seems to create is a bit annoying so finetuning that would help greatly. Your voice itself is a bit dule, not really sounding all that exciting to me, mostly I think due to your wording. The video is very long and a much quicker, upbeat and to the point video would of been far better, as it currently seems to drag on. A lot of the points are more common sense, though I do understand some people don't catch onto these things. The gameplay video itself was a nice 'distraction' but it had little to nothing to do with what your saying, and combined with the audio quality, just didn't help much at all to distract from it.

Over-all its not bad to make a video, I just felt it could of helped a bit if you spent some time ensuring the quality and rather then length, be much more to the point and quick with it. I'm just being that jerk who critisizes a video so you can hopefully improve upon it next time. Good to see your doing things to really fix up what you had issues with. My advice would be to redo the videos and just clean up what you have rather then make new, or even include each point as a seperate video with more in depth details though again, not too long.

I dont take anything into offense lol. Just the internet no one can actually hurt you here. With that said yea I full well know about the sound trust me. I got atleast 30 messages about it and I have fixed it. I just left the original videos because so many use it now no point in removing it just do better and show progression next time. Thanks for watching though
  • MadamefateMadamefate Member Posts: 171
    Your second episode on the channel today sounds 100% more professional and clear. Not to put down what you have done but it definately is a step in the right direction.
  • TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    Silentstorm took time out of his day to help his fellow players.  I've made a few gold since then.  Wish I'd made more but then I like to play the game my way.  But I appreciate the tips, definitely making more money now.
    Aww thx i'm editing Part 3 today it will be done tonight. I made a effort to be faster better sound and still good info. No more videos over 20 minutes thats too long.
    Community gotta love it :) who said we're all evil lol.
    There I fixed it but i dont know whats wrong with the second part i even deleted that.
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Nice videos silent I really enjoyed your style.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

Thx alot I try mainly fun for me :)
  • LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Just wanted to pop back in and say that one of your tips,which probably should have been commonsense for me to do to begin with, helped me a lot. After watching your video I decided to avoid teleporting whenever possible to see how much that helps. Between the DEs that I got involved in while traveling and the money saved by not teleporting, I found I have significantly more cash now than ever. Burning it all on crafting and shopping (collecting rifle skins mostly) but now I at least have the money to do it.

Thanks again!

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

Alot of what I put out there isn't big secrets. The problem is we don't always do the things that are the simplest. And we over think things too.
    Good idea killing the other stuff and combining it.
    Hopefully ill have part 4 up today no promises though lol.
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Hopefully ill have part 4 up today no promises though lol.

How do you manage to do that many videos? Then actually be in other peoples as well wtf?

Cameo's don't take long at all it's harder doing my vids. Because I always test everything before I say to make sure its valid.
    Aww  no part 4 yet :(
    Part 4 Exp and Karma Farming added
    Good job once again it's on :)
    Meh time constraints and children nerf early releases lol. Next week will be faster because its already finito. Just going over with Anet on official forums if they allow its topic out of respect.
    Originally posted by Silentstorm
    Meh time constraints and children nerf early releases lol. Next week will be faster because its already finito. Just going over with Anet on official forums if they allow its topic out of respect.

The wife is supposed to watch the kids and you go hard at the video thing!!

that's not going to go over well trying to convince a woman of that kind of thing
    I'll put up part 5 early this week i wont be here the weekend. This one should satisfy all you hunters out there.
  • stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    why does farming even matter when you can get all the best items in pvp?
    Karma farming is all about getting whatever style the person wants. And the thing people 100% want to do faster in this game is karma farm. PVP comes with time you cant really rush it even if you do it all day which isnt that fun anyway. No one likes to grind anything nowadays. The point of the post is to shorten that grind.