Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Can I play an enjoy this game without spending hundreds worth of £'s ? Also is the community decent?

CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

Been looking for a game to get into for a while now, and I've had no luck </3

One of the main things I'm looking for is a fun an nice community (Europe servers!) I miss meeting strangers on an MMO, doing a quest or two with them and letting a friendship sprout.

Not looking to spend a lot of money..Preferably I'd rather play for free until I have a little cash on me, is this game heavily pay to win? Am I going to trail miles behind if I don't spend any money?

Also is the world seamless or is everything heavily instanced? (Can I run about the city and see other players?)

Thank you <:

Comments

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

well i managed to paly and have fun without spending any cash but it was not my main game, so didnt get too competetive in it. Still i could kill people without much of an issue.

there are different zones, cant remember if there are different instances in those zones.. but yes you run around the city and see other players.

• TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

i havent played that since betta i  had a hard time staying awake to play it  would  OH SNAP I FELL ASLEEP  agian

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935

If you haven't tried this game out, I highly recommend doing so,

I haven't played the game in a while and left due to the rampant cheating, but my time playing was some of the most fun I had in some time.  It's a game you'll either hate or love.

You can play without spending money.  Community, like any FPS, has its share of a*holes.   Seamless?  Well, it's not a typical MMO and the game had 3 maps at the time I played.  But the maps were fairly large.

Give it a go and try for yourself.

The character customization is bar-none the best I have seen for any game.

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194

Thanks for the replies guys  <:

Messing about in the game right now. But the tutorial is terrible so I'm kinda lost.. And the community isn't exactly lively so no one is helping me out,

What am I supposed to do? Do I just go the "Diapatch" missions when they pop up or is there a way for me to do missions?

• NidzillaNidzilla Member UncommonPosts: 11

Pretty much you just queue up and wait for a mission to be dispatched to you. You either will be going solo or grouped depending on your ranking. From there you will complete your given objectives in the given time frame otherwise failing the mission. If you happen to not have any opposition thats fine I have run into that problem myself however there is always a chance for the oppossing faction to take your mission and thus causing an APB against you. 

My suggestion is make friends join a clan or group of people (use the lfg window even though its scarce usually last I checked). Much more fun/strategic with more people. Dont forget to choose a contact to unlock items with to purchase later on. Money is easy to come by in that game even without premium imo. 

• vonryan123vonryan123 Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Game is full of hackers and a-hole save your time and cash its p2win

Met a couple of people on it last night and spent most of the night doing missions :3 was great fun. Cash shop doesn't seem too pay to win.

And to Von, I doubt it's FULL of hackers, I've not came across any yet.

just wait till you get on the gold servers and the higher ranked matching they are there trust me. The people that released the game to start with made a statement just before shut-down that over 60% of the current game population was hacking. Gamersfirst has yet to change any of there Anti-hacking software or update it....you really think no ones hacking?

Originally posted by vonryan123
    just wait till you get on the gold servers and the higher ranked matching they are there trust me. The people that released the game to start with made a statement just before shut-down that over 60% of the current game population was hacking. Gamersfirst has yet to change any of there Anti-hacking software or update it....you really think no ones hacking?

Don't pull percentages out your arse without a source.

Also, maybe you're just insanely terrible at the game and tend to get killed a lot? Not everybody that is good at aiming is a hacker.

Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

Also, maybe you're just insanely terrible at the game and tend to get killed a lot? Not everybody that is good at aiming is a hacker.

I would love to post you the link to that but seeing as the game was shut down and the Company went belly up the site was taken down. Also if you knew anything about the game to start with you would know the main reason the game went south the 1st time was Hackers and P2W after the tolken crisis. As for being fail at the game hardly fail but unless I hack (which I dont) kinda hard to beat a hacker. It does happen but still hard to beat a wall hack or aim bot... Sorry you love the game so much you cant see.

I would love to post you the link to that but seeing as the game was shut down and the Company went belly up the site was taken down. Also if you knew anything about the game to start with you would know the main reason the game went south the 1st time was Hackers and P2W after the tolken crisis. As for being fail at the game hardly fail but unless I hack (which I dont) kinda hard to beat a hacker. It does happen but still hard to beat a wall hack or aim bot... Sorry you love the game so much you cant see.

Sure sure.

• RhianneRhianne Member UncommonPosts: 58

Sure sure.

So let me get this straight. Cake comes on just a few days ago asking for help, barely knowing how to accept a mission. Vonryan helps with well known, veteran advice about hacking. Cake responds by being childishly rude to the person helping him, attacking his freely given advice, and calling him insanely terrible at the game.

Is that about it?

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

This game is good for short bursts of play.

The FPS combat is a bit wonkey and clunky, detracting from what would be a phenominal short term game.

The community is pretty standard for a F2P, which is borderline terrible

its a fantasic GTA online game for a short time, but the maps are too few and too small for long term play.  You quickly grow bored with the mayhem, the poor MM system, the clunky combat...and the "look what i put on my van" customization.

You dont need a ton of money, really just enough to p2p with its premium sub.  Getting a fully modded gun will take some time without a large cash shop purchase, since most equipment purchases are just rentals unless you pay like $60.  Without premium your severly restricted on the customization of your character and cars.`-

Criminals make more money, so stuff comes easier, however the cops have "less than lethal" crowd control weapons, one shot and your stunned then arrested.  Cops seem to have more fun long term since ramming shop windows and looting stuff gets old fairly fast, while stalking and arresting criminals seems more of a source of entertainment long term.

Also it gets old in the matches when you have people who can one shot you after you unload a clip into them, and then theres snipers who seem to know exactly where you are...the matches get old fast in this way.  Youll think a lot of people are hacking even if they are not.  Some people know the map like the back of their hand and its near impossible to go up against them.

• simpliussimplius Member UncommonPosts: 1,134

this game has one of the worst communities in gaming

death threats are common,,hacking and griefing too

and when they close this game, the disease will spread to other mmos

i would never give them any money, until they had a house cleaning

and they might close sooner than you think,,the last patch disaster has cost them

more players

the game itself is pretty good,,just need better devs, and to get rid of bad players

• MakidianMakidian Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Yes there are some jerk players but what game doesn't, I just started playing this game 3 days ago and even though I'm behind everyone I'm having a blast
  • Dagon13Dagon13 Member UncommonPosts: 566
    Originally posted by Crunchy222

This game is good for short bursts of play.

The FPS combat is a bit wonkey and clunky, detracting from what would be a phenominal short term game.

The community is pretty standard for a F2P, which is borderline terrible

its a fantasic GTA online game for a short time, but the maps are too few and too small for long term play.  You quickly grow bored with the mayhem, the poor MM system, the clunky combat...and the "look what i put on my van" customization.

You dont need a ton of money, really just enough to p2p with its premium sub.  Getting a fully modded gun will take some time without a large cash shop purchase, since most equipment purchases are just rentals unless you pay like $60.  Without premium your severly restricted on the customization of your character and cars.`-

Criminals make more money, so stuff comes easier, however the cops have "less than lethal" crowd control weapons, one shot and your stunned then arrested.  Cops seem to have more fun long term since ramming shop windows and looting stuff gets old fairly fast, while stalking and arresting criminals seems more of a source of entertainment long term.

Also it gets old in the matches when you have people who can one shot you after you unload a clip into them, and then theres snipers who seem to know exactly where you are...the matches get old fast in this way.  Youll think a lot of people are hacking even if they are not.  Some people know the map like the back of their hand and its near impossible to go up against them.

This is a pretty accurate statement.  

I had a lot of fun while I played and despite the claims of "hackers" I was able to maintain 2nd from top rank in mostly solo que/pugs.  The hacker claims are very overexaggerated, and I think I could count the # I encountered on one hand.  Most players simply don't consider the possibilities of advanced strategies (ahem, mechanic exploitation) and think they should be able to run and gun to win any fight.  For example, in any given mission I could predict with near perfect accuracy exactly where an enemy would spawn after death.  Using information like this it becomes very easy for someone that knows the map to predict enemy movements and intercept, even in many against one situations.  

I quit playing APB quite some time ago, shortly after they implemented the more extreme mission bonuses for paying customers and cut back the win bonuses for non paying customers.  I was barely able to maintain the cost of munitions even when winning most missions.  I don't know if this has been changed since I quit.  There were certainly some pay 2 win features in the form of weapons with bonuses you couldn't get in game, but these weren't always extreme enough to help the helpless.

Like any MMO, F2P or P2P, there are some people worth meeting and many others that aren't.  Given the nature of this game most people seemed to enjoy smack talking.

*edit*

I wanted to say its worth playing at least once.  It's hard to beat rollin in a pimped out SUV with 4 friends hangin out the window with SMGs.