Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

124»

Comments

• KarteliKarteli Member CommonPosts: 2,646
    Originally posted by tiefighter25

I think most people are pointing out that OP's proposed site would either be pointless, fruitless, or time better used for something more constructive. These are all valid points, but none of us are OP.

If OP is so hung up on SWTOR, or EA in general, who are we to say how he should spend his time or energy.

If OP thinks it would be cathartic, go for it I guess. Just prepare for the eventuality that your hatred of a thousand suns may burn itself out; and that isn't a bad thing.

There, I got to play pop pyschologist too. (You should have expected diagnoses OP)

And OP, remember in case you suddenly find yourself the leader of a nation.

Boycott = An internationally acceptable form of protest.

Blockade = An act of war.

Have fun storming the castle.

This post should strike the most in your thoughts regarding an active campaign against EA.  A blockcade would surely lead to an act of war, in which the spotlight will suddenly be upon yourself, and your public information will (unfortunately) be even more public than you originally thought, as EA goes after you, personally.

This is said, because to make your website heard, it would need to be popular.  You would need to increase traffic, advertise on other forums, and bring up new dirt on EA to keep the incoming traffic.  EA's will focus their eyes on you.  If this isn't a problem, then just make the website - it will require some forum and news updates though, which would certainly keep you busy.

I like a nice quote brought forth by Friedrich Nietzsche:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

This quote was also featured in an MGMT song "Kids" (although the quote was misplaced to Mark Twain, who repeated it without proper citation).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fe4EK4HSPkI

It's a decent song (and video), worthy of your attention, OP.  Link above is for it.

But if you want to make your website, personally I'd say just do it and see what happens.  No reason to ask forum peps for permission :-)

Want a nice understanding of life? Try Spirit Science: "The Human History"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U8NNHmV3QPw&feature=plcp
    Recognize the voice? Yep sounds like Penny Arcade's Extra Credits.

• yippee22yippee22 Member Posts: 48

I would not, I personally love the game. I play mmo's a bit over 50 hours a week and spend maybe 3 in SWTOR. I have a blast while in it and expect no more. Knock your socks off OP but maybe you should worry more about finding a place to have fun...

"Hutts Don't Have Feet!"

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

First off, I like the game and am pretty happy with it. Knew what I was buying when I bought it.........all games go through changed, some drastic. I took a break and came back.

Secondly, why start a site to bash a game, how about starting a site and get a ton of backers supporting the star wars game you would want?? Always look forward , don't waste your time on things you can't change. Just my personal opinion.

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

lmao!

there is no need. Bioware/EA is doing a great job all by themselves.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

would you support a site boycotting swtor and exposing it for what it is?

Remind me again where the deception is?
    Everything ive seen advertised on the website has been included in the game?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591
    Originally posted by starwarsnut

lol interesting responses hehe. Yeah i think i missed my mark i did think about it months ago but these respnses are what i thought.

id like to adress some the responses

You cant be real on the official forums lolz

You cant be real here on this site belive me when i say that ( i can prove this very easily this site panders to game companies why i prefer gamebreaker)

Ive seen what a so called positive site does and thats nothing but pander and lie and try to make the game look good when the reality is its a pos. lol darth hater is a good example of that. Bieng a carebear doesnt do anything but destroy the game more and cause uneeded nerfs and worse 

why consider doing this and just move on? well ive waited a long time for another star wars mmo i beta swtor and it was good and fun but they left it for dead. I refuse to be one these care bears who still fight for a game/EA that doesnt give a crap about you? Thats what i find funny is why are those people that say move on if you dont like staying? its part of the reason the game is going badly and downhill not all but part of it.

I have thought about making a ea boycott site honestly would be a massive undertaking though but i have thought about it.

yes im 37 and retired

Is that code for, On welfare and living in my Mom's basement?

Games and entertainment on a whole are taken way too seriously these days. If it aint fun then just move on to something else.

There was more then enough content to justify the cost of admission. They tried to make an  MMO with long lasting appeal and failed.

Simple as that.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

• RilmanRilman Member CommonPosts: 35
    I just looked at the game as fun'ish for a month and then called it a day, I think they realise themselves its a shit game by now from the amount of purchases and the amount of subs. I wouldn't waste your time.
  • TatercakeTatercake Member UncommonPosts: 286

all i know is they paid wey wey wey to much to make that game if they would slowed down spent a couple more years and spent half what they did be a lot better but to me just a wow

clone

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Tatercake
    all i know is they paid wey wey wey to much to make that game if they would slowed down spent a couple more years and spent half what they did be a lot better but to me just a wow

clone

misread

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Op , what's the point ? To whine ? Lame. Let it go. Besides you have this site for inifinite number of whines , and disappointment threads. Best of all it costs you nothing. Why go somewhere else when you can happily do it here.

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I'd be happy with spot on reporting from the various sources on the web with the approach of "the players and consumers first" instead of companies putting trash out the door and receiving cover.
  • ericlatrelleericlatrelle Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Originally posted by ManJunk
    I've taken your considerations under consideration and I consider it a bad idea.  Like the poster above me said, use your time for something a little more constructive.

QFE. As much as I don't like certain parts of the game and the direction they took with it from the beginning, this is just petty right here. Why waste your time on something that will have next to no impact on the game?

• RaventreeRaventree Member Posts: 456
    My best advice to the OP is to get a life.  Maybe SWToR wasn't what you wanted, but you are wasting waaaaay too much effort trying to "get" Bioware/EA when all you should be doing is moving on to a new game that you like better.  That is how most people handle it.

Currently playing:
    Rift
    Played:
    SWToR, Aion,EQ, Dark Age of Camelot
    World of Warcraft, AoC

• SybnalSybnal Member Posts: 261
    Originally posted by Raventree
    My best advice to the OP is to get a life.  Maybe SWToR wasn't what you wanted, but you are wasting waaaaay too much effort trying to "get" Bioware/EA when all you should be doing is moving on to a new game that you like better.  That is how most people handle it.

Haha, I thought the same thing when I saw the thread title.

As to the OP,   I can see having an un-censored game forum. A place to go bitch freely is always nice.  But generate negative publicity to get the game shut down?  Give me a break.   Those are people's job's your talking about.  People are still playing and having some fun I'm sure.  Why would you want to piss on their good time and cost people their livelyhoods just because the game isn't the way YOU want it?  Sounds like a @#$t thing to do to me.

Don't like it? Don't play it.  Doesn't need to go farther than that.

• starwarsnutstarwarsnut Member UncommonPosts: 230

Geesh people learn to read it was an "idea" When i read this responses it seems like all people see is "you have a site doing this already and why?"

Hey laserit my parents are dead hows that for code?  I think one of us in a basement and it isnt me lol. 

Before you people respond should really read the whole post instead of saying get a life and why did you make this. Need to learn to read the post especially the part in cap locks seriously....

• ignore_meignore_me Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,987
    I say put it up and see what happens. If nothing else its one more stab at those useless bastards at Bioware/EA. Put the turns to 'em if you can.

Survivor of the great MMORPG Famine of 2011

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I don't want to waste my energy using my finger to click the support button when I could use it for something else. Plus it is a given by now of what swtor is. Why would people need a site to know? waste of valuable time and energy. I'll honestly laugh whoever will create it.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Originally posted by Jonoku
    I don't want to waste my energy using my finger to click the support button when I could use it for something else. Plus it is a given by now of what swtor is. Why would people need a site to know? waste of valuable time and energy. I'll honestly laugh whoever will create it.

theres no site sigh... Its to late for it based off the reactions i would have had to made it earlier.

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    Originally posted by Jonoku

theres no site sigh... Its to late for it based off the reactions i would have had to made it earlier.

ya it's old news, too late to put it up now.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088

I played SWTOR, got bored with it. Looked back at it for a short time with some grudge because no matter how you want to look at it, SWTOR hastened SWG's end in some way or another.

And then I moved on.

But even for that short time when I had a grudge against EA/Bioware for creating SWTOR the way it is, I never had a grudge against the players who like SWTOR. No way I would ever support some anti-whatever game website. I call it that, because the website would never be objective. Just look at the OP's post for that. The way it is worded it almost seems like a support group for ex SWTOR players as if playing SWTOR is some bad habit and need a place to vent about how SWTOR took their soul lol.

• laseritlaserit Member LegendaryPosts: 7,591

Geesh people learn to read it was an "idea" When i read this responses it seems like all people see is "you have a site doing this already and why?"

Hey laserit my parents are dead hows that for code?  I think one of us in a basement and it isnt me lol. 

Before you people respond should really read the whole post instead of saying get a life and why did you make this. Need to learn to read the post especially the part in cap locks seriously....

My sincere condolence's

For somebody who is "37 and retired"  you sure come across as very immature. As for basements... I spend alot of time in the one that I own, It's where my man cave is.

"Be water my friend" - Bruce Lee

Originally posted by laserit

My sincere condolence's

For somebody who is "37 and retired"  you sure come across as very immature. As for basements... I spend alot of time in the one that I own, It's where my man cave is.

I could say the same about you. Didnt contribute anything to the post then post an "imature" childish post while calling me imature lol. I find it funny all these guys who make a huge deal about bieng "mature" on a gaming site 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locking this because it's just about run its course and there's no point attacking the OP for the idea.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.