Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is crafting worth bothering with?

DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Playing the free trial, might pick it up when I hit the limit.

Is crafting worth spending the gold on, or can I get just as good gear from drops? FYI I have not played the first 2 games

Comments

• BanaghranBanaghran Member Posts: 869

Nope, sorry, crafting is not worth it.

The crafted items are as random as those dropped, but you have to invest money into crafting them, thus the gold ah is a better source of items.

The only items breaking the mold are 3 affix magic items, but those become meaningless very fast into the game.

Flame on!

:)

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Crafting is only worth it once you max it, have all the recipes for it, and your feeling very lucky. Otherwise, your better off not bothering with it. 

If your playing D3 for a D2 like experience though... play TL2 or Path of Exile, Much cheaper (TL2 is $20 while PoE is Free once released) and much better games when it comes to a traditional dungeon crawler experience. D3 wins with polish and falls way behind everywhere else. Then again, if your a casual and not really that huge on the genre or picking stats and the likes, then I'd say go ahead and play. I really don't feel its worth $60 when theres alternatives for $20 that are providing as much ,if not more time then D3 did, with much more promise for future play throughs. 

**** I went off topic, sorry, focusing back on the title, I'd say don't worry about it. Your going to make more money not bothering with it until your secured financially to raise it. Feel free to up it a little though if it makes you feel better.

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880

Bought the game today, as soon as I entered the game after regestering my CD key I found I have to repeat the entire act 1 all over again. Yeah I have my levels, gold and follower but thats just some bullshit right there. Makes me not even want to play knowing I have to do that crap all over again, so what if its easy.. not the point.

Originally posted by Deathenger

Bought the game today, as soon as I entered the game after regestering my CD key I found I have to repeat the entire act 1 all over again. Yeah I have my levels, gold and follower but thats just some bullshit right there. Makes me not even want to play knowing I have to do that crap all over again, so what if its easy.. not the point.

Well, then you will not be very happy to find out, that you will have to do it 3 more times to truly "complete" the game, normal difficulty is more or less a tutorial, it is how the game works, sorry.

Flame on!

• DeathengerDeathenger Member UncommonPosts: 880
    Originally posted by Banaghran

Well, then you will not be very happy to find out, that you will have to do it 3 more times to truly "complete" the game, normal difficulty is more or less a tutorial, it is how the game works, sorry.

Flame on!

Nah, as soon as I beat the final boss I will consider the game "complete". I dont really have any desire to get achievements and gear beyond whats needed to finish the game the first time around.

Thats not to say I wont play other difficulties at a later time if I'm bored or something.

Flame on!

Nah, as soon as I beat the final boss I will consider the game "complete". I dont really have any desire to get achievements and gear beyond whats needed to finish the game the first time around.

Thats not to say I wont play other difficulties at a later time if I'm bored or something.

Well, just please dont judge it based purely on the "tutorial", the game has much more interesting problems to rage about :)

Have fun!

• TalRashaTalRasha Member UncommonPosts: 827

You don't need to craft anything, or even look to find anything specific if you goal is just to beat the game on normal (read: super easy) mode.

The idea of this game genre is to keep playing the same content (at the highest difficulty level) and grind for gear. Look for that elusive better item all the time.

If you just play this once trough the story, then I don't think you will like this game much.

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775

If you play it through once, it is still a fun game .. just not getting all the content (particularly abilties and builds) of the whole game.

Back to the topic.

Crafting is like a lottery. The 6-affix 1H weapon have a small chance of hitting the jackpot. There are those who play it lottery. You have to do a large number to worth it.

It is not about getting one useful item for teh next craft.

• FlawSGIFlawSGI Member UncommonPosts: 1,379

Flame on!

Then you are in for a very short ride. Other difficulties did offer some different mob abilities but that was it. Game woulda benefited a lot from more randomness to it's zones IMO. As for crafting, I haven't found any use but I did get a few items I could use. But then again I didn't touch the AH so they were probably crap compared to what I could have bought.

RIP Jimmy "The Rev" Sullivan and Paul Gray.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    No need to craft gear when you can buy more superior items off of the gold auction house. Only gem crafting is worth it.