Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Runescape: Player Events Support Breast Cancer Awareness Month

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

RuneScape clans have banded together to raise awareness for breast cancer research by donning pink for the month of October. Thousands of players are sporting pink hair, clothing, armor and more. Players also participated in a walk across the Gielinor game world.

The march was a community led initiative and was organised by RuneScape members who gathered together and joined forces to mark the beginning of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the annual international health campaign which is organised by major breast cancer charities every October to increase awareness of the disease and to raise funds for research into its cause, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and cure.

The idea for a march originated from a forum post by ‘Darth Brick’ in the RuneScape forums and soon gathered traction as numerous RuneScape clans signed up and pledged to wear pink throughout October.  Over 31 clans took part in the march across the game’s world, ending with a celebration in the game’s trading hub, the Grand Exchange. The march was the first of many scheduled to take place throughout RuneScape during October. 

Find out more about RuneScape.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    Also would nice if they gave tips on prevention too. A women’s genetics can make her more inclined to get breast cancer,but she has to create the conditions through her lifestyle which can give cancer the conditions in which to thrive. Cancer needs a low oxygen high sugar environment to thrive. Eating man made altered foods, and a lifestyle of no exercise is what creates these conditions. Cancer is not happening because women are living longer as the increase in young women getting it since 1960 has surged in line with the changing habits of supermarket convenience foods & fast foods becoming the norm in western lifestyles. The western diet also gluten heavy, another stress on the body that can start cancer.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Funny, awareness for breast cancer in a game where most players probably won't ever see one of those in their lifetime. :)

Joking asside, its good to see that they are doing something for awareness.

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Member UncommonPosts: 1,781
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Funny, awareness for breast cancer in a game where most players probably won't ever see one of those in their lifetime. :)

Joking asside, its good to see that they are doing something for awareness.

Not very cool.

• MaxJacMaxJac Member Posts: 185
    I like that they did this, I like when any game community does the like. My favorite has been "Pink For Tink" in Warhammer Online. Mythic even supported the event with pink dyes.
  • DarthBrickDarthBrick Member Posts: 1
    Thanks to everyone who supported my idea. I am happy to announce that the grand finale walk is on October 27TH on a f2p world. All details are described in my forums page on runescape