Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Botting and Gold farmers, are all over this game now, in every single zone.

13»

Comments

• frestonfreston Member UncommonPosts: 503

Seems there is a lot of variation between servers and zones. I play on whiteside ridge (EU) and havent met yet a single bot recognizable as such (my  highest toon is only level 43, however. ) Some servers seem relatively bot free while others seem rampant with them according to the forums.

Another troubling thing is that many of these bots seem quite unsophisticated. Troubling cause they could be player run bots as opposed to gold sellers. Frankly, i dont know which one would bother me more.

• JeleenaJeleena Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by sodade21
    so how do you know someone is a bot/hacker/cheater? they name it on they head? I havent seen not even once naked group of characters to kill over and over mobs.... and i mean not even once!....not even one character stuck on a loop or at tree.......... nothing that indicates that it is a  bot... i have ask my friends and my guild mates and they havent also find someone that is bot.....are you playing on US server? Im playing in a EU.. 

Yesterday on Far Shiverpeaks (EU) I noticed my first bunch of them. I was in the far NW corner of the Cursed Shore trying to get to a remote POI. Now usually I am the last person to notice such things but when 4 bots are teleporting all around me all the time even I do notice it. One was next to me and then in a blink of the eye he would be way ahead of me, next blink he was behind me etc... I stopped and watched them for a while. They all had weird names like WHFDST etc. I have NO idea what they were doing, just teleporting around all the time trying to attack something I think. But there were no mobs around....

• COORSCOORS Member UncommonPosts: 353
    Originally posted by sodade21
    so how do you know someone is a bot/hacker/cheater? they name it on they head? I havent seen not even once naked group of characters to kill over and over mobs.... and i mean not even once!....not even one character stuck on a loop or at tree.......... nothing that indicates that it is a  bot... i have ask my friends and my guild mates and they havent also find someone that is bot.....are you playing on US server? Im playing in a EU.. 

They are all over the Kaineng server. How can you tell you ask?

The bots are ALWAYS rangers with wierd names. They are usually playing naked and they infest areas that have a large concentration of fast re-spawning mobs.

But... They do something you and I cannot do. They TELEPORT to each mob no matter how far away that mob is. So you see them blinking out and reappearring at each mob one at a time while you're trying to level or do a quest in that area.

Very easy to spot.

This company is doing virtually nothing to solve this. They need to have live GMs go to some of the reported zones on specific servers and see first hand for themselves.

So... In closing... It's NOT just the botting per se that's an issue.

Cheaters using these same teleporting abilities have removed ORBS in WvW, so the problem is only going to get worse.