Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Lord of the Rings Online: The Sound of Rohan

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,658MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Turbine has announced that the soundtrack from the upcoming Lord of the Rings Online expansion, Riders of Rohan, is now available on iTunes for 9.99. In addition, the team has released a new developer diary called "The Sound of Rohan". Check it out!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• CujoSWAoACujoSWAoA Nooo, AKPosts: 1,781Member

Lol. LOTRO has the WORST music of all MMOs that I have personally played.

Its sooooooooooo Keyboard Hero.

HOWever.  Rohan's music is high quality.  I wish the rest of the game had been given that kind of attention.  Because the original music is really not good.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Edmonton, ALPosts: 103Member
    I don't play LOTRO anymore but I have to admit they did a great job on this score by the sounds of it.  Not worth buyiny off itunes mind you but a nice listen.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• Methos12Methos12 Maladis 46Posts: 1,234Member Uncommon
    Is that a remade theme I heard?

Nature without Technology is little more than animals running about.
    Nature without Magic is without wonder or miracle.
    Magic without Technology is fantasy.
    Magic without Nature is formless and useless.
    Technology without Nature is application without understanding.
    Technology without Magic is repetitious and uninventive.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA

Lol. LOTRO has the WORST music of all MMOs that I have personally played.

Its sooooooooooo Keyboard Hero.

HOWever.  Rohan's music is high quality.  I wish the rest of the game had been given that kind of attention.  Because the original music is really not good.

Nahh.. the actual music INGAME has always been pretty good to excellent tho.

It's the Character screen song that is absolutely terrible.

I mean.... EverQuest 2's login song is 8 years old now and it never bored me. It was just an amazing score!

But LOTRO login/character screen song is just terrible and annoyed me since day 1.

• elockeelocke Manassas, VAPosts: 4,205Member Uncommon
    There are a handful of zones in Lotro, as well as the intro music that could be thrown away and redone to be on par with the Rohan music, but otherwise the rest of the game's music is pretty good.  Just sit in the Trollshaws and listen and you'll see what I mean.  Just don't sit in the Northdowns when the carnival music plays, ugh.  Lol.