Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] PlanetSide 2: Esamir Unveiled

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

PlanetSide 2 has PvP players around the world excited for its non-stop action. In an exclusive interview with PlanetSide 2's Trammel Ray Isaac about Esamir, a new never-before-seen map. We've got the goods about Esamir including screens and concept art. Check it out!

One of the most fascinating aspects of warfare is terrain. Planetside 2 takes their maps very seriously and the new continent of Esamir is an incredible site to behold. Snow and ice is the best way to describe this landscape. It offers players a much different experience than the other zones and brings out the true feel of warfare on a frozen continent. With fewer resources for the players to fight over and some amazing art and graphics, Esamir will challenge the players to some serious tests when making choices in PvP combat. 

Read more of Garrett Fuller's PlanetSide 2: Esamir Unveiled.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782
    I am loving this game so much at the moment. Never really been that into your multiplayer fps's that much but this one has knocked my socks off. So far have found it hard to get out of my Reaver but just the scope of this game is something special.  I love the fact I can just pick it up and something epic is going on somewhere and I will doing my best to shoot things down. There are a few faults and it's not going to be for everybody, but I'm just going to stick my neck out here and say that this game is going to do very well........There I said it!
  • spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172
    Originally posted by spookydom
    I am loving this game so much at the moment. Never really been that into your multiplayer fps's that much but this one has knocked my socks off. So far have found it hard to get out of my Reaver but just the scope of this game is something special.  I love the fact I can just pick it up and something epic is going on somewhere and I will doing my best to shoot things down. There are a few faults and it's not going to be for everybody, but I'm just going to stick my neck out here and say that this game is going to do very well........There I said it!

Agreed! I have the same exact feeling

• RevofireRevofire Member UncommonPosts: 269
    I want to try it so badly, even with my broken arm, I'd still try my best to play in the beta.
    Change your thoughts and you change your world. - Norman Vincent Peale

• jiveturkey12jiveturkey12 Member CommonPosts: 1,262

Im so glad that so many people (MMO fans) are writing this off and that its being embraced more by the shooter community. To be honest everyone I have seen playing this game is just having fun participating in massive battles with hundreds of other people...Which is ironic, because thats exactly what MMO fans want but yet they still complain because its not in the capacity which they are accustomed. 

Im not saying this as a general bash of the MMO community, im just saying that since MMO fans are normally more vocal about their hatred for these types of games, its good to just see one slipping under the radar and being picked up by a community that really seems fun loving and passionate. Even the Devs have been super honest about the game, and have made significant changes to things like F2P and Bigger resource pools for P2P players to appease the community. 

This new map looks fantastic, now im just eagerly awaiting all the epic youtube battle videos on this Hoth like planet!

• VorthanionVorthanion Member RarePosts: 2,749
    I hate Esamir.  With so little cover for infantry, it's even more of a tank and airship frag fest than Indar.  Who the hell designs these faciities so that tanks and airships can camp spawn rooms at their frakking liesure?  I swear, sometimes I think SOE actually encourages griefing in their games.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

PS2 is an exact clone is PS1. It's a non-stop action game, a mindless non-stop game. Basically, there's no story, no goals (other then not being killed), no strategies, no challenge, no nothing in this game.

It's a mindless game where you don't need to think to do anything since there's no nothing of anything. It's completely mindless as all you do is run out, kill or be killed, run back after resurrecting and kill or be killled again. This is done over and over and over.

Seriously, where is the fun in this? You would think players would want some type of storyline, different strategies, challenges and basically a game where you need to stop and think of what you're going to do instead of running around like idiots shooting at the first person you see and or getting killled in an instance.

This is todays gaming world. You would think they'd put out a better game then this. But then, this is SoE we're talking about so there's no surprise here.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704
    Originally posted by erikk3189

PS2 is an exact clone is PS1. It's a non-stop action game, a mindless non-stop game. Basically, there's no story, no goals (other then not being killed), no strategies, no challenge, no nothing in this game.

It's a mindless game where you don't need to think to do anything since there's no nothing of anything. It's completely mindless as all you do is run out, kill or be killed, run back after resurrecting and kill or be killled again. This is done over and over and over.

Blah blah blah

I think that if you did play this game at all you did not play it for very long, because you obviously did not catch on to the co-op strategy in it and in PS1.  If you were the one who ran out and was killed and then killed again,  ;) then you should try joining an outfit, working on your shooter skills and your teamplay.  I am not very good as PS2 either but I have played a while now and appreciate the awesome strategy of the game.

There is story in the game and goals and challenges and strategies, but they are not spoon fed to you the way they are in most themepark MMOs.  You help decide what these things are to you...  And things like the story exist mostly outside of the games primary gameplay.  It is not for everyone but I think if you open your mind to it it could be for many people who think that linear MMOs are the only thing for them right now.

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• wenom73mwenom73m Member UncommonPosts: 22

i m in türkei   i cann no play the game  no dowloads ins  site or  licks ???  is the game only in U.S.A  ???

• SircaSirca Member UncommonPosts: 110
    Wish I could enjoy PS2 as much as I did with PS1 but that is far from being the case. Major disappointment.
  • sshocksshock Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Originally posted by erikk3189

Seriously, where is the fun in this? You would think players would want some type of storyline, different strategies, challenges and basically a game where you need to stop and think of what you're going to do instead of running around like idiots shooting at the first person you see and or getting killled in an instance.

This is todays gaming world. You would think they'd put out a better game then this. But then, this is SoE we're talking about so there's no surprise here.

PS2 is no PS1 clone, but i admit sometimes i wish that was true. (PS1 did many things right that PS2 does not)

It is a nonstop action game indeed, but far from mindless. Altho there is a story, who realy cares about that in a FPS game. I personally don't.

The goals you set yourself, but it's all about capturing territory, bases and outposts. There are many strategies and tactics involved and i dare to say more than any other game.

This game is pure PVP, it's a massive war and there are many different ways to achieve things. It's a not a small TDM map which is repeated every match. This game is dynamic and open and never ends.

There are TONS of options that will let you decide how you want to play PS. You could be teaming up with a platoon, rolling in armour collumns, loading up gunships and dropping whole squads on an enemy base. Attacking or defending outposts. Sneaking in with infiltrators/snipers.

Just to name a few things i like doing.

Your post made it sound like YOU were running around mindless with no clue what was going on and ended up getting killed over and over by players who do know how to play PS. No offense.