Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will you try DFUW at launch?

2»

Comments

• IzItMeOrUAllIzItMeOrUAll Member Posts: 45

YES!!!! I will 100% be there at launch hopefully! I played DFO as well....but....I liked the game....but when I was trying to get into it....it was a wasteland....I ran into so few people It felt like a single player game and i Just left....if the population stays up in this game I'll stay too! Ah.....can't wait! ^^

• Adam1902Adam1902 Member UncommonPosts: 537

Yeah, definitely.

Hope the first few months of this launch are as amazing as the first one, some of my best MMO memories there. I just hope this time that the game is deep enough, and bug/cheat free enough so that everyone sticks around and we have an awesome sandbox!

The villages connected to holdings system sounds amazing.

_________
    Currently playing: Black Desert Korea (Waiting for EU)

Always hating on instances in MMOs! Open worlds, open PvP, territory control and housing please. More persistence, more fun.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Adam1902

Yeah, definitely.

Hope the first few months of this launch are as amazing as the first one, some of my best MMO memories there. I just hope this time that the game is deep enough, and bug/cheat free enough so that everyone sticks around and we have an awesome sandbox!

The villages connected to holdings system sounds amazing.

Yeah was definitely a good time.  Hopefully, they learned from the first launch what they need to do to prevent exploiting/macroing this time.

Although I did hate their loot system especially once macroers scripted it.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Definitely. Aside from the problems within the game, biggest of all what seemed to be a complete lack of doing anything about exploiters who were ruining the game unhindered for months on end, it was some of the best fun Ive ever had. One of the main reasons I left in the 1st place was because my PC at the time with a crappy Radeon HD 2400 prevented me from being able to do much of anything in PvP especially in large battles. More than a few people fighting together and my FPS was dropping to 10, maybe 20 if I was in an area with fewer trees and stuff. Usually resulted in me attempting to hit a few people with AoEs while my screen stuttered for a few seconds before I died.

Luckily Ive got a much better PC with an AMD FX 4100 and a GTX 560 Ti now and wont have to worry about that happening so looking forward to causing some mayhem in DFUW.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    I said NO ,only becuase i won't be following the launch date,however i will eventuially try it out for sure.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by ellobo29

i played DF for a year, although i had fun i left waiting for even the most basic and simplest of issues to get fixed. lack of support made me leave.

maybe it will be free for me....and maybe not. but regardless i wont DL it till i see some reviews on how it has changed for the better or worse.......

It should cost you only your first month subscription to find out - less than a night at the movies :)

I know I really want to play from the start just to enjoy the experience of it all.  Sure without adequate stress testing there will be issues, server side patches, "woopsie" issues (remember in Darkfall 1.0 where some of the NPCs spoke Greek rather than English?  Woops!), nearly all MMOs have such things. 

But to pick up a scickle and try to get my first steedgrass to make my first horse, and go exploring in the new world ... that I want to do.  I don't want a game that holds my hand and tells me how to level up to 90 and then gives me the gear to defeat the dungeon boss to get the gear to raid to defeat the raid boss for the achievement.  I want to get on my horse, ride towards the hills, and see what is on the other side - without knowing what, or who, is there.

• SysFailSysFail Member Posts: 375
    Nope, I know AV too well to expect a launch without horrendous hiccups, I will be keeping an eye on the progress though.
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    Nope.

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• KingMeroKingMero Member Posts: 21
    nope
  • DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521
    depends on if i'm still playing games in 2014
  • 7star7star Member Posts: 405
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

yes, the original DF1 was an awesome game with only a few very basic, but also very big, flaws( everyone was exactly the same, endless grind, huge nube/vet gap, horrible UI). Apart from those flaws the game it'self was very well made, and very fun to play.  from what they said most of that has been fixed, so this game should be a lot of fun.

definately the funnes, most solid, open world fps mmo out to date.

It also helps that i dont have to buy the whole game again...:P

I agree completely.

DF was the best MMORPG experience I've ever had in spite of  the huge and glaring flaws. 

For me, it's the closest I've ever seen an mmorpg get to the Elder Scrolls in terms of combat and exploration.   Archery, is for me, the best example of this.  I found so many amazing things exploring and had so much fun as a solo player in a game that is clan-based at its core. I did get to participate in some sieges and it was amazing fun. 

There are some d-bags in the game, but what game isn't like that? I met far more cool players (helpful) than jerks in DF than in any other game I've played.  I've played a lot of games, too. 

I loved the fact that I could build a raft and go exploring remote islands and prosper by finding "easter eggs" out there. Exploration can yield great rewards. You can also get ganked and lose it all. It's just awesome. 

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    I never tried the original because I had heard of all the macro'ing and crap you'd have to do just to be able to compete, and first person view is a big no for me. If the new one isn't first person view I may keep an eye on it and try it out after the reviews from players is in a few months out.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I never tried the original because I had heard of all the macro'ing and crap you'd have to do just to be able to compete, and first person view is a big no for me. If the new one isn't first person view I may keep an eye on it and try it out after the reviews from players is in a few months out.

Only archery and spells are done in 1st person view, melee combat is 3rd person.

Originally posted by corpusc
    Originally posted by Vladamyre
    No, I won't play after launch, or or any amount of time the game lasts. The first one was absolutely terrible, so a new version of a bad game doesn't give me much hope. Also, after being pure vaporware for about 8 years I don't see the 2nd one coming out until 2020. For all that do play it I hope you have a blast.

after being released for 3 years, there's STILL such a die hard hater as to bring up the word vaporware.  lol

Some people cant help but throw around terms theys aw other people use while having absolutely no clue what they mean.

I guess considering it was vaporware and never existed, so he never played it which brings us to... How do you know it was terrible if you never played it?

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Yep, enjoyed the first one, can't wait for UW.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
    I would think you would want only 1st person view for a game like this.  I would think it would make it more realistic and would allow you to be snuck up on.  I haven't played the first Darkfall but if I was in 1st person view all the time I would be paranoid about what, or who, could be sneaking up behind me and would be looking around at all times.  I would think 3rd person view would take away from the hardcore aspect of the game.  I'm looking forward to trying it regardless.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

hell yeah ill be playing it...

the first few months of Darkfall was amazing, sure there was bugs and other isseus but some of the battles where just massive.

You had 3rd person view for melee and normall moving around, but it was not zooned out very far so yeah you could get snuck up on and i think that was the idea behind it..

Originally posted by AtlanNor
    I would think you would want only 1st person view for a game like this.  I would think it would make it more realistic and would allow you to be snuck up on.  I haven't played the first Darkfall but if I was in 1st person view all the time I would be paranoid about what, or who, could be sneaking up behind me and would be looking around at all times.  I would think 3rd person view would take away from the hardcore aspect of the game.  I'm looking forward to trying it regardless.

A lot of first person view games can give me a siezure. Very few of them won't. Like Planetside 1 first person view didn't bother me at all, Planetside 2 though it does and gave me a siezure trying to play it, so I cannot play it when it comes out. I'd prefer to not have to try out a game in first person to see if it's going to make me ill. Nothing against DF, I just can't play a lot of first person view games. As for the sneaking up on you part, I played Dark Age of Camelot and it wasn't first person view and people could still sneak up on you and the game was very exciting, you never knew who would pop over and kill you while you were out in the frontiers killing mobs.

Dark Age of Camelot

• XarnthalXarnthal Member Posts: 130

The third person is a very close third person, it's not one where you can scroll out and look around. It's a fixed camera not far behind the character. You still have to look around constantly to make sure you're not being stalked. The new sound system should make the game truly epic for anyone running around solo.

The only time you can really pan the camera around is when you're on a mount or sailing a ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtc9zUidGU

This is a video of the older DF1.0 game, may want to turn the audio off. It shows the combat in first person, third person, and ship combat from the captains view. Once again the game will have new graphics, surround sound system, user interface, spell system, etc etc etc, you can find much more info at forums.darkfallonline.com.

Sennheiser
    Assist
    Thage

Originally posted by Xarnthal

The third person is a very close third person, it's not one where you can scroll out and look around. It's a fixed camera not far behind the character. You still have to look around constantly to make sure you're not being stalked. The new sound system should make the game truly epic for anyone running around solo.

The only time you can really pan the camera around is when you're on a mount or sailing a ship.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nJtc9zUidGU

This is a video of the older DF1.0 game, may want to turn the audio off. It shows the combat in first person, third person, and ship combat from the captains view. Once again the game will have new graphics, surround sound system, user interface, spell system, etc etc etc, you can find much more info at forums.darkfallonline.com.

That doesn't look real shaky or quirky, I may actually get to try the game out. Will have to keep an eye on it for new gameplay videos to see if I'm going to be able to try it out for myself. I did have to turn it down though, my goodness, that guy's voice......

Dark Age of Camelot

• MaztrimMaztrim Member Posts: 7
    Yes. Darkfall was the most fun I had since DAoC.
  • ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Originally posted by Tayah
    That doesn't look real shaky or quirky, I may actually get to try the game out. Will have to keep an eye on it for new gameplay videos to see if I'm going to be able to try it out for myself. I did have to turn it down though, my goodness, that guy's voice......

Better than the original I would say :D

Also, of course I will be trying it out, anything else would be an outrage!

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    I will if there will be free demo

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    I played the original for a couple of months, but didn't like it that much. Maybe I'll come back to check UW, but won't be at launch for sure.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Greymoor
    Simple question...

Nah, I am done with PvP focused communities in general and the memory of 'Forumfall' pre launch for this game still makes me shudder.