Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No beta or launch trial? then no buy til reviews are out!!!

khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

If we do not get to try the game for free in beta or at launch, then I say nobody should buy this game.

The first one was not even close to what was promised at launch and never got close even now. Full of bugs, old technology, bad UI, hacks, exploits and a bunch of stuff that made the game a big disappointment after such a long amount of years we waited for it.

If tasos is saying this new game is a lot better and all fixed up, we need to be able to try before we buy.

If not, the may release another unfinished game full of promises and cash in and close up for good this time once everyone leaves seeing all teh bugs and lies.

This is the last chance for this company, if this game fails they will shurtdown for good. I hope the game is awesome and stays alive 10 years, but I will not buy it without trying it.

If I can't try before buy, then i will wait for honest reviews and then decide. 

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Sound reasoning.. except if everyone thought like that then there wouldn't be many honest reviews for you.
    I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    You could just try Darkfall one and let that be your "beta".  It pretty much is - it's the same game just more buggy.
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Cool... let me now when ya do come play so I can come grief ya though.

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    I'm sure there will be a lot of reviews and videos out there for you to check out.  Keep in mînd that the best time to play darkfall is at release since everyone's the same. 
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by phantomghost

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by khameleon

If we do not get to try the game for free in beta or at launch, then I say nobody should buy this game.

The first one was not even close to what was promised at launch and never got close even now. Full of bugs, old technology, bad UI, hacks, exploits and a bunch of stuff that made the game a big disappointment after such a long amount of years we waited for it.

If tasos is saying this new game is a lot better and all fixed up, we need to be able to try before we buy.

If not, the may release another unfinished game full of promises and cash in and close up for good this time once everyone leaves seeing all teh bugs and lies.

This is the last chance for this company, if this game fails they will shurtdown for good. I hope the game is awesome and stays alive 10 years, but I will not buy it without trying it.

I haven't followed closely, but I thought that they said you didn't have to "buy" the game if you were a former player.  you simply reactivate your subscription.

From your post it sounds like you played the game at release, so therefore... no.. you will not be buying the game whether or not there are reviews.  You will subscribe, or not...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Glad you agree. Lol.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376

Glad you agree. Lol.

FYI, when I read your posts I add this fake rap as background music in my head.

• EhliyaEhliya Member UncommonPosts: 223

Heh, posts like this are so inviting for new players!

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

The first one was not even close to what was promised at launch er, yes it was. There were only two big features that weren't in at launch and everyone knew about them well before buying the game (roaming mobs and skill cap) everything else was just how they said it'd be. 

Those of us who liked the old one, why wouldn't we get the new one? And in case you didn't notice, if you owned Darkfall in the past you don't have to pay for this game.

And everyoneknows no matter what the reviews for this game will be bad. Only big companies with lots of money get good reviews anymore. SWTOR gets 9s and Vanguard gets a 6 on this lame site. Eurogamer gives the game a 4 and gives AoC a 10.

• PainlezzPainlezz Member UncommonPosts: 646

Would you buy even with reviews?  For a game that failed... Full of so many exploits...  Characters deleted (I think?) and this wipe/re-release!

IMO the people who are doing reviews for games on these major sites are clueless and appear almost PAID to be positive.  Gamespy is the only site I really trust these days.  I don't believe i've seen a single total negative review on any other site while I commonly see them rip into games about how bad they are.

If the devs refuse to release a free trial or open beta then as far as I see it they're trying to hide something.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I so thirsty for robust pvp and a deep ability system.... All new mmos should just personally send me a request for automatic withdraw. I will be there on launch :(
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Badaboom
    I'm sure there will be a lot of reviews and videos out there for you to check out.  Keep in mînd that the best time to play darkfall is at release since everyone's the same. 

^

This is absolutely true.  You want to play Darkfall on day 1, because no-one will know anything more than you do. 

Besides, if you bought and played Darkfall 1.0 you get to play Unholy Wars for only the price of a 1 month subscription, so it's not exactly the worlds biggest investment risk to jump in from the start and see how things go.

• FluteFlute Member UncommonPosts: 455
    Originally posted by Painlezz

If the devs refuse to release a free trial or open beta then as far as I see it they're trying to hide something.

Actually I think it's much simpler than that here - the current Darkfall 1.0 community just want the new game already, and don't really care that much if Darkfall : Unholy Wars has a few bugs in it.  They have spent more than 3 years giving feedback to Aventurine on all the things right and wrong with Darkfall 1.0, and now the new game is so close none of them wants to go through a 3 month beta cycle.

That said there is community pressure to get invited veterans into the internal beta to ensure Aventurine hasn't made any serious blunders.  While everyone just wants to play the new game, Darkfall's players are not *that* confident about Aventurine's internal testers catching all the things that need to be caught before launch wihtout the community's help, even if that help is from a select few.

• 123443211234123443211234 Member UncommonPosts: 244
    Originally posted by Flute
    Originally posted by Painlezz

Actually I think it's much simpler than that here - the current Darkfall 1.0 community just want the new game already, and don't really care that much if Darkfall : Unholy Wars has a few bugs in it.  They have spent more than 3 years giving feedback to Aventurine on all the things right and wrong with Darkfall 1.0, and now the new game is so close none of them wants to go through a 3 month beta cycle.

That said there is community pressure to get invited veterans into the internal beta to ensure Aventurine hasn't made any serious blunders.  While everyone just wants to play the new game, Darkfall's players are not *that* confident about Aventurine's internal testers catching all the things that need to be caught before launch wihtout the community's help, even if that help is from a select few.

Actually the community is quite happy with the release date annoncement.  Of coure everyone wants into a "beta" of some sort.  THIS IS DARKFALL NOBODY WANTS IN TO A BETA TO ACTUALLY TEST THE GAME, they want in to find the best farm spots/exploits, best cities and best areas to grab in the first days of release.  I am going to say I'll trust Aventurine on this one with internal testing only as any "veteran" let into beta would gain a MASSIVE MASSIVE MASSIVE advantage for the release of the game.  I would rather have an even playing field than a couple hundred "vets" that already know all the good spots and start on day 1 with a massive advantage (knowledge) over everyone else.

There will be no beta that the players will see because of this very issue.  In original Darkfall the beta testers were the ones who were first to find all the exploits, and of course had a massive economic advantage because of this.

• HotjazzHotjazz Member UncommonPosts: 742
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I so thirsty for robust pvp and a deep ability system.... All new mmos should just personally send me a request for automatic withdraw. I will be there on launch :(

Haha, me too

I still have an active account, and I haven`t played darkfall for a year. If AV told me I have to buy the game again, I would in a heartbeat. I can`t remember the name of my other two accounts, but I don`t bother...I`ll just buy new ones.

A buggy Darkfall is better than the average mmos, and funny part is I`m not even good in PVP.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    I'm waiting on RPS to do a review, they like eve and perpetuum (heck they have a perpetuum guild), they big up a lot of good indie games and they like sandboxes and gave d3 a bad review, so I kinda trust them.
  • MisterTeaBHMisterTeaBH Member Posts: 22

Reviews are a load of shit for any game, 

if the reviewr personally doesnt like the game hes going to give it a ashit score

shit someone gave darkfall a 1.0/10 back then and it was amazing

• YizleYizle Member Posts: 517

Glad you agree. Lol.

FYI, when I read your posts I add this fake rap as background music in my head.

Ice Ice Baby

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    I have no intention of buying the game.  I'll get it for free, with the sub fee to pay.  Now, if only I could remember the other 2 account names/passwords I used for alts so long ago...
  • RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    Here's my mentality:  I played DF 1.  I had a blast.  When the game comes out and I see positive reviews, cool.  If I see negative reviews, cool.  Either way I will play the game to give it my own opinion because it piqued my interests before the reviews.  I won't let someone's opinion change what I want to play.  Everybody has their own expectations.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486

I dont care if I die or not in a game lol. I am buying War Z this week, you die in there every day basically and start over. Games are made to have fun live or die. It makes you no more powerful if you are good in a game, you are stil the same person in the mirror man.....

WarZ, at least that game is ready to go for sure OCt 15th. They show a lot of gameplay videos and it has not been in the works long. They used an engine from another game same as AV is using old engine updated to now.

You sound like you play bad games just to have a chance to grief... I bet you woudl buy DF even if it was pure trash only to have a chance to grief right? This is why these games fail.... you need to demand quality, not pay and be blind. Buying bad products only gives them money to make more bad products.

I will buy this game if it is good, if its as bad as the 1st I will not be a sucker and support bad developers that hide information until after peopel buy the game like last time.

AV will die if this game sucks, plenty of sandbox games are in the works now so if they dont put oput a quality product, BYE!

If they make a good game, Take my money!!!

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• khameleonkhameleon Member UncommonPosts: 486
    Originally posted by Ravenmane
    Here's my mentality:  I played DF 1.  I had a blast.  When the game comes out and I see positive reviews, cool.  If I see negative reviews, cool.  Either way I will play the game to give it my own opinion because it piqued my interests before the reviews.  I won't let someone's opinion change what I want to play.  Everybody has their own expectations.

Yes, but I mean reviews as in players making youtube videos. I could care less what professional websites and magazines say those are fake reviews.

DF1 was a low quality game. People only bought it and played it because there was no other sandbox loot game. They would have probably bought a game with NES graphics that was offline 12 hrs a day tey are so hungry for a loot pvp game.

I want a higher quality game this time if they want $$$$$

If they have a good product they need to show us 1st because most players quit DF1 and left with a bad taste from it.

GAME TIL YOU DIE!!!!

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86
    YOu guys are awesome! So hyped up and ready to go. We are all going to play the game and we are all going to either like or dislike it, doesn't matter.... The fact is the game will be out soon and we can all be at each others throats then too. BRING ON THE PVP!

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• gravesworngravesworn Member Posts: 324
    I agree that few people play beta for its true purpose. Betas have ruined recent games for me to be honest. I had an absoute blast in df 1. I sucked at pvp because i didnt script or macro but Honestly you would be surprised at how intelligent mobs are for an mmo. I also dont understand some of the statements in this thread aboout df1 being the beta, I really dont think people have grasped how different this game is going to play. The fact that roles have been introduced and the other features will be in should make the first few months even better than the first time around.